Thread: Major S8 Wi-Fi issues?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Major S8 Wi-Fi issues?

Is anybody having any Wi-Fi issues with their S8? What is happening for me, is that, I connect to any network. Then 10 seconds later the network completely disconnects. Then approximately 10-20 seconds later it reconnects again. It keeps doing it over and over and over, non stop, in a cycle. So I completely disconnected from my Wi-Fi, and I'm using my 4G LTE full time now. I started noticing this at home, but then as I go to other to other Wi-Fi networks, the same issue occurred. I tried it on my home private network(where I first noticed this), my work private network, the mall public Wi-Fi, and two of my friends houses private network. The same exact problem still arises.

I'm already on my third device, because the first device had some bugs including the Wi-FI issues.. I was told by my carriers customer care to do a buyer remorse exchange, at the direct carrier store where I purchased the device. So I did that on the same day the phone wasvreleased. Then unfortunately, next day, my dog cracked the screen, and even broke the front camera. My dog even broke an OtterBox Defender case, and completely ripped off the side bumpers of a case. So I had to do an insurance claim. So on all the devices I had had the Wi-Fi issue.

I even did a factory reset to the third device(the one I have now), because of the Wi-Fi issue, and a home button vibration issue. Where the vibration would not stop even in standby mode. It was also causing the Android OS settings to even be disabled, by not let me go into the OS serttings. From the Android OS taskbar menu button, or the button for the OS settings in the app drawer. The factory reset did fix the vibration issue, but it didn't fix the Wi-Fi issue at all.

I also contacted Samsung, and they're not helping me at all(including managers). Samsung is not even giving me any answer if this is a known problem. Not a yes, no, maybe, I don't know, possibly. Every time I called they always try to make me send it in so they can investigate the situation, and keep the phone for God knows how long(sarcastically speaking). Or they try to sell me something instead.

What should I do? And is anybody else having this exact specific Wi-Fi issue I'm having?

Thanks in advance for all the answers and feedback!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    In the Wi-Fi Settings go to advanced make sure smart network switch is turned off and keep Wi-Fi on is set to always. Otherwise I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-of-NC View Post
    In the Wi-Fi Settings go to advanced make sure smart network switch is turned off and keep Wi-Fi on is set to always. Otherwise I'm not sure what the issue could be.

All that is already done.

Plus from what I'm hearing, I'm not the only one to have this issue. What I'm hearing and understanding is that, in the Korean market, Samsung has acknowledged this. They already pushed an update out for the Wi-Fi issue, but only in the Korean market. Supposably here in the United States, Canada, Europe and other places. They are not acknowledging it, and Samsung just does what I state above.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-of-NC View Post

So I just called Samsung again now. And tier 2, literally just told me to get a refund, and get another device. Then proceeded to end the call with me. So tomorrow when I have some free time I'm going to try and contact Samsung corporate, because to me I find this very unacceptable!

Feedback Score
    Wow. they actually told you to buy another device? Lacking of customer Service.

I wonder if there is a way to create log or device diagnostic on S8 Phones? I know blackberry devices has this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by pbure0110 View Post
    So I just called Samsung again now. And tier 2, literally just told me to get a refund, and get another device. Then proceeded to end the call with me. So tomorrow when I have some free time I'm going to try and contact Samsung corporate, because to me I find this very unacceptable!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    I got my S8 directly from Samsung on May 18th. So far I have seen zero issues with wifi on my S8. It connects automatically and stays connected when within range. And switches over to cellular when out of range of the wifi network