Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

Feedback Score

Rogers Unlimited Data

Has anyone actually been audited and kicked off these plans? Searching here and RFD it seems there have been people claiming to be audited, but no solid evidence of anyone being forcefully removed. I am thinking of getting one of these plans, as my cellular data usage is quite high...

Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am on $50 plus tax unlimited everything Magna plan and it will be two years this August. I hit about 20GB a month and a few occasions due to tethering I have hit 50GB too. Nothing happened, no one contacted me and this plan is going great.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Wind
    Feedback Score
    I am on a $70 plan that includes unlimited data across North America...I usually use 10-20gb data a month in Canada, no problem. On the occasion that I recently traveled to the US after getting this plan, I used 8gb of data in the US and 5gb of data in Canada that month, with no issues either.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6 Plus
    Feedback Score
    I am in a small city where the biggest and only factory is a magna factory(it is enormous), and Bellus towers outnumber rogers towers two to one. The rogers network hold up very good considering the huge amount of people with these plans in this city. That considering, a couple extra thousand people through out the country taking advantage of these plans most likely doesn't do much to the network. So your probably all safe.

Feedback Score
    I am in the process of acquiring one of these plans. It's too bad there isn't an exploit for Bell or Telus! Their networks are so much better in Alberta.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpy View Post
    I am in the process of acquiring one of these plans. It's too bad there isn't an exploit for Bell or Telus! Their networks are so much better in Alberta.
    How do you get this plan? The only place I've seen them is kijj. I have no problem paying for someone to get me the plan. It's just the ads on kijj look sketchy. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm also very interested in the $50 magna plan but I think if you go to the US often, the $70 Scotiabank plan is the best bang for the buck. Downside is those kijiji guys asks for at least $500 set up fee upfront... if he disappears, there goes your money.

Feedback Score
    That's where Rogers-EXT coverage comes in hand .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    I'm also very interested in the $50 magna plan but I think if you go to the US often, the $70 Scotiabank plan is the best bang for the buck. Downside is those kijiji guys asks for at least $500 set up fee upfront... if he disappears, there goes your money.
    Anytime they ask for up front or pay 1/2 and 1/2 later is most likely a scam.

647-485-7178
    647-486-1568
    647-486-6080
    647-220-1405

These 4 for sure are scammers, since they use some sort of VoIP, the can change the phone number anytime, and probably not in Canada.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylay14 View Post
    That's where Rogers-EXT coverage comes in hand .
    In theory. I can tell you from experience that it doesn't work that way. Personal experience from driving through the Rockies with a rogers and koodo Iphone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddontaskmewhy View Post
    Anytime they ask for up front or pay 1/2 and 1/2 later is most likely a scam.

647-485-7178
    647-486-1568
    647-486-6080
    647-220-1405

These 4 for sure are scammers, since they use some sort of VoIP, the can change the phone number anytime, and probably not in Canada.
    Agreed. Find someone who doesn't charge up front

Feedback Score
    Agreed. Find someone who doesn't charge up front
    Magna just recently changed their plans. There is no more unlimited for new users, they brought it back down to 10GB.
    Freedom Mobile: Smartphone 50 + $10 Double Your Data (10gb x 2 = 20gb) = $60 + TAX

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yea, thankfully those that are on the old plan are safe (for now at least), this is the new plan:

Price: $40
    Airtime Included = Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling
    Data Included = 1GB of Data
    Additional Data Usage Rate:
    - 1GB To 3GB add $5.00,
    - 3GB to 10GB add $10.00
    - 10GB+ add $5/GB

US Long Distance = $0.10/Min, Canada to US up to maximum of $10
    Features Included = Call/Name Display/Voicemail
    Messaging = Unlimited Domestic & International SMS/MMS

Although I think they have definitely decreased the US calling minute rate and added International SMS (Old plan doesn't have).

I think with this change its better for people to look at Koodo instead...given their prices are really good for BYOD out of province plans.

NOTE: Please do not DM for how to get this plan as I do not have any access to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Yea, thankfully those that are on the old plan are safe (for now at least), this is the new plan:

Price: $40
    Airtime Included = Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling
    Data Included = 1GB of Data
    Additional Data Usage Rate:
    - 1GB To 3GB add $5.00,
    - 3GB to 10GB add $10.00
    - 10GB+ add $5/GB

US Long Distance = $0.10/Min, Canada to US up to maximum of $10
    Features Included = Call/Name Display/Voicemail
    Messaging = Unlimited Domestic & International SMS/MMS

Although I think they have definitely decreased the US calling minute rate and added International SMS (Old plan doesn't have).

I think with this change its better for people to look at Koodo instead...given their prices are really good for BYOD out of province plans.

NOTE: Please do not DM for how to get this plan as I do not have any access to it.
    Holy **** you're right.
    The new plan they put forward is trash.

I wonder how long people like me have before they force us to migrate. I guarantee you this has to do with the Kijiji seller, all that attention.

BTW I'm actually laughing that people had the audacity to PM you for the plan for no reason.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeiphone View Post
    I am on $50 plus tax unlimited everything Magna plan and it will be two years this August. I hit about 20GB a month and a few occasions due to tethering I have hit 50GB too. Nothing happened, no one contacted me and this plan is going great.
    Maybe they found out the "Fair Usage" never actually applied.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast