Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

Feedback Score
    How do I get this plan?

Carrier(s)
    TELUS -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Work for Magna! Guaranteed you can get this plan
    Public Mobile and Rogers

Line 1 $32 - Iphone 7 Plus 128GB (with Referral Credits)
    Public Mobile
    Unlimited Calling - Ontario
    4GB a Month
    Unlimited Global Text

Line 2 $50.00 - Iphone 7 128GB
    Rogers
    Unlimited Calling
    Unlimited LTE Data (20GB full speed)
    Unlimited Txt

Feedback Score
    Confirmed through those Kijiji guys that they can no longer get the magna plan for $50 unlimited. They can still get the Scotiabank plan though for $70 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi,

So I buddy of mine who works for Magna and has this plan told me he got a message stating that by July 15, 2017 he has to verify his employment and then he will get switched to the 10gb plan. I don't think they are keeping old users on this plan. Also he said if he didn't work for company no more they would give him some kinda of $60 play I think 4gb of data or 6gb not sure.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Rogers Unlimited Data

That's the email you get

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_Kernel View Post
    Rogers for Enterprise

Dear Customer

RE: Your Rogers Wireless Number xxxxxxxxxx
    At Rogers, we’re committed to offering you the highest quality of products and services. As part of our efforts to bring our customers competitive wireless offers and to continuously improve our wireless services, the wireless plan that you are currently subscribed to is being phased out. Under our agreement with your employer Magna International Inc., Rogers is introducing a new wireless plan for current Magna employees.

If you are a current Magna employee:

Please visit Magnet for details of your new wireless plan. To take advantage of this offer, please verify your employment by replying to this email from your Magna email account or by providing a copy of your recent paystub to [email protected]. Please verify your employment no later than July 15, 2017. You will receive an email from Rogers confirming your new plan details. You will be automatically switched to this new plan as of your first bill after the 30-day period following your employment verification. If you do not verify your employment by July 15, 2017, you will instead be eligible for the offer below.

If you are a not a current Magna employee:

If you are not a Magna employee, you do not qualify for the Magna employee plan. However, Rogers will continue to offer you a competitive wireless plan with attractive rates. Your month-to-month plan will be changed as of July 31, 2017 to the $60 6GB Loyalty Wireless Plan. It has a monthly service fee of $60 (plus applicable taxes), and includes the following features:
    Unlimited Local Voice Minutes
    6GB Domestic Data
    Call Display, Name Display, Voicemail
    Unlimited Canada Wide Long-Distance Calling
    Unlimited Domestic SMS/MMS
    Overage Rates Where Applicable: $0.10/Min Local Voice Calling, $0.10/Min Canadian Long-Distance Calling, $0.55/Min USA Long-Distance Calling, $5/100MB Domestic Data

For details of your current wireless plan, please refer to your most recent bill or visit rogers.com/myrogers.

Due to these changes, any additional discounts associated to the impacted wireless number will also be removed. All other aspects of your Rogers services will remain the same.

This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you wish to respond to this letter or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your wireless services, please call us at 1-888-764-3771.

We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you stay connected to what matters most.

Thank you for continuing to choose Rogers.

Sincerely,
    Rogers Communications

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_Kernel View Post
    That's the email you get
    What a ****** email. Can't believe they are phasing this plan out, even for people that are already on it.
    Is there any recourse we have? I've heard of people being asked to leave their planes, yet they somehow manage to stay on it (grandfathered plans, or so)

You kind of feel bad for all the people that paid these dealers 300-400 and just lost it all.
    I haven't received this email yet also.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yuo203 View Post
    What a ****** email. Can't believe they are phasing this plan out, even for people that are already on it.
    Is there any recourse we have? I've heard of people being asked to leave their planes, yet they somehow manage to stay on it (grandfathered plans, or so)

You kind of feel bad for all the people that paid these dealers 300-400 and just lost it all.
    I haven't received this email yet also.
    I haven't received it either though but today a friend got it that also has this plan.

Feedback Score
    Damn... I have a couple of friends who got this plan via those Kijiji guys for $400.... I guess it's just a matter of time then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yuo203 View Post
    Is there any recourse we have? I've heard of people being asked to leave their planes...
    They usually kick you out right before the take off procedure!!!!!
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I haven't received it either though but today a friend got it that also has this plan.
    Are you on a contract. I dont think they can change plan for those on contract until contract is done

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I have friends working in Magna all told me their plans are changing... Original contact was flex data and they getting the same. Unlimited thing was just a perk they had... I was also told before this plan old Magna plans allowed yearly upgrade but no Unlimited data,those guys where allowed to keep the plan. But all of the unlimited data is getting switch. Apparently rep told them it's becuse of the abuse of data by the plan holders.

Rogers will be lossing a lot of non magna members to Koodo.. For $50 you can get a 6gb this,not sure why anyone would want to sick to 6gb for $60 if you're in possession of Magna plan without being an employee.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBoy View Post
    I have friends working in Magna all told me their plans are changing... Original contact was flex data and they getting the same. Unlimited thing was just a perk they had... I was also told before this plan old Magna plans allowed yearly upgrade but no Unlimited data,those guys where allowed to keep the plan. But all of the unlimited data is getting switch. Apparently rep told them it's becuse of the abuse of data by the plan holders.

Rogers will be lossing a lot of non magna members to Koodo.. For $50 you can get a 6gb this,not sure why anyone would want to sick to 6gb for $60 if you're in possession of Magna plan without being an employee.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using HoFo mobile app
    Yup.... I just called the dealer who handles my Magna plan and told me starting June everyone is getting switched over.
    Freedom Mobile: Smartphone 50 + $10 Double Your Data (10gb x 2 = 20gb) = $60 + TAX

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Rogers Unlimited Data

Looks like all of us on the unlimited plan are getting the boot and I'm going to give my money to Koodo instead of Rogers for screwing us once again.

This will be my second last thing with Rogers, home phone already cut years ago, then we cut cable in favor of IPTV box and now cellphone.

It's ok, Telus wants my money with their sweet $49/6GB deal so I'll give it to them.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Looks like all of us on the unlimited plan are getting the boot and I'm going to give my money to Koodo instead of Rogers for screwing us once again.

This will be my second last thing with Rogers, home phone already cut years ago, then we cut cable in favor of IPTV box and now cellphone.

It's ok, Telus wants my money with their sweet $49/6GB deal so I'll give it to them.
    what if the loyalty plan includes roam like home?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3junior View Post
    what if the loyalty plan includes roam like home?
    Rumors has it that Koodo is set to launch Roam like Home feature in August/September this year so I am not concerned. Plus I just scored the Freedom Mobile 35% Friends and Family discount on the $59 plan ($38.35+Tax now/month) for my second line I have which includes US Roaming as is so for me I am set.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast