Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 209

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Rumors has it that Koodo is set to launch Roam like Home feature in August/September this year so I am not concerned. Plus I just scored the Freedom Mobile 35% Friends and Family discount on the $59 plan ($38.35+Tax now/month) for my second line I have which includes US Roaming as is so for me I am set.
    As we all depart this plan, lets do something

    It's common to find speeds of 100mbps for Rogers towers. Given a one month billing cycle, we could probably download 32 terabytes of data, surpassing the records of even the bravest Verizon UDP users (google it). Consider it a departing gift for our good friend, Rogers.

    Anyone in? Let's do it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,161
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Rumors has it that Koodo is set to launch Roam like Home feature in August/September this year so I am not concerned. Plus I just scored the Freedom Mobile 35% Friends and Family discount on the $59 plan ($38.35+Tax now/month) for my second line I have which includes US Roaming as is so for me I am set.
    You also get unlimited data for 10 days for any new line on Koodo.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    73
    Device(s)
    Iphone 6 Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Slowly but surely they are cutting the old unlimited data plans... Hope my old LTE Fido plan is not next..

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    662
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_2258 View Post
    Slowly but surely they are cutting the old unlimited data plans... Hope my old LTE Fido plan is not next..
    Yeah going back to Freedom Mobile. Thank God I was paying every 3 months to keep the plan.

    Rogers new MAGNA plan is complete crap to me.

    Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app
    Freedom Mobile: Everywhere Canada 100 (20gb) - 35% + $20 Ready To Go, US = $85 + TAX

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,135
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Rogers Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by emann56 View Post
    Yeah going back to Freedom Mobile. Thank God I was paying every 3 months to keep the plan.

    Rogers new MAGNA plan is complete crap to me.

    Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app
    I just got the freedom $59 plan for $38.50 thanks to their employee family and friends 35% off discount code. Every employee gets 5 so it was worth it for me (I don't work for freedom)

    It's got the 8GB LTE proof and also away roaming in USA with 1GB and 2400 minutes. Also it's canada-USA calling.

    This is for my secondary line, primary will be going over to Koodo $49/6GB plan.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto,ON
    Posts
    277
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I just got the freedom $59 plan for $38.50 thanks to their employee family and friends 35% off discount code. Every employee gets 5 so it was worth it for me (I don't work for freedom)

    It's got the 8GB LTE proof and also away roaming in USA with 1GB and 2400 minutes. Also it's canada-USA calling.

    This is for my secondary line, primary will be going over to Koodo $49/6GB plan.
    How did you manage to get the discount? Did the employee at the store give you a code or something?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,135
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBoy View Post
    How did you manage to get the discount? Did the employee at the store give you a code or something?
    Yes, I read about the discount code on the forum here so I asked around my friends who work with them, so they helped me out. But you can ask around at stores and I'm sure employees will help you out if you are looking to get it.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    662
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I just got the freedom $59 plan for $38.50 thanks to their employee family and friends 35% off discount code. Every employee gets 5 so it was worth it for me (I don't work for freedom)

    It's got the 8GB LTE proof and also away roaming in USA with 1GB and 2400 minutes. Also it's canada-USA calling.

    This is for my secondary line, primary will be going over to Koodo $49/6GB plan.
    Yeah I switched both of parents to the $59 LTE plan and got them both 35% off as well.
    Sadly that discount wouldn't work on my plan... I hope I am not screwed later on for keeping a 20GB plan.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,135
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by emann56 View Post
    Yeah I switched both of parents to the $59 LTE plan and got them both 35% off as well.
    Sadly that discount wouldn't work on my plan... I hope I am not screwed later on for keeping a 20GB plan.
    I also picked up the fully FREE ZTE Grand X4 to play around with. Its on a tab but the tab doesn't cost anything extra on the monthly plan.

    I'm just waiting for Rogers to send me the dreaded email informing me that they are kicking me out. Knowing its coming any day/week now.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    761
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can they change your plan while you are still under contract? Means i can cancel without penalty?
    Bell and Rogers and Koodo

    Line 1 $50 - Iphone 7 Plus 128GB
    Bell
    Unlimited Calling - North America (Canada to US Long Distance)
    10GB a Month
    Unlimited Global Text

    Line 2 $50.00 - Iphone 7 128GB
    Rogers
    Unlimited Calling
    Unlimited LTE Data (20GB full speed)
    Unlimited Txt

    Line 3 & 4
    Koodo
    $50.00 Ontario PLAN (Not QC or SK or MB)
    5GB LTE Data
    Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
    Unlimited Global text

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    615
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0

    Rogers Unlimited Data

    Quote Originally Posted by Get-Me1 View Post
    Can they change your plan while you are still under contract? Means i can cancel without penalty?
    They are not changing it for people on contract. Only on Month to Month basis plans for now as far as I am aware
    Last edited by 1337_Kernel; 05-20-2017 at 03:15 AM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,209
    Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Rogers Unlimited Data

    So guys, the unfortunate email just came to my inbox today. I guess I will switch to Koodo plan. The second image is the first one. Name:  IMG_2435.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  64.7 KB

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Couple of friends also got the email and they are all ok with the $60 6GB plan. Been telling them to get Koodo instead, but they somehow associate Koodo with Wind. Well it's their loss.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,135
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got the deadly email today as well!

    Going to over to Koodo for my primary line!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    761
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    So I guess i have till next year to keep use my Unlimited data. Until the contract ends i guess


    Anyone can confirm this that people still under contracts keep their Unlimited plans

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sharing Rogers Unlimited Data
    By mrhindustan in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 04:37 AM
  2. Rogers unlimited data plans NEVER happening
    By stogats in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
  3. Rogers unlimited data promotion
    By risenshine85 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM
  4. Rogers Unlimited Data?
    By longd in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 10:13 PM

Bookmarks