Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Rumors has it that Koodo is set to launch Roam like Home feature in August/September this year so I am not concerned. Plus I just scored the Freedom Mobile 35% Friends and Family discount on the $59 plan ($38.35+Tax now/month) for my second line I have which includes US Roaming as is so for me I am set.
    As we all depart this plan, lets do something

It's common to find speeds of 100mbps for Rogers towers. Given a one month billing cycle, we could probably download 32 terabytes of data, surpassing the records of even the bravest Verizon UDP users (google it). Consider it a departing gift for our good friend, Rogers.

Anyone in? Let's do it.

Feedback Score
    Rumors has it that Koodo is set to launch Roam like Home feature in August/September this year so I am not concerned. Plus I just scored the Freedom Mobile 35% Friends and Family discount on the $59 plan ($38.35+Tax now/month) for my second line I have which includes US Roaming as is so for me I am set.
    You also get unlimited data for 10 days for any new line on Koodo.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6 Plus
    Feedback Score
    Slowly but surely they are cutting the old unlimited data plans... Hope my old LTE Fido plan is not next..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_2258 View Post
    Slowly but surely they are cutting the old unlimited data plans... Hope my old LTE Fido plan is not next..
    Yeah going back to Freedom Mobile. Thank God I was paying every 3 months to keep the plan.

Rogers new MAGNA plan is complete crap to me.

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app
    Freedom Mobile: Everywhere Canada 100 (20gb) - 35% + $20 Ready To Go, US = $85 + TAX

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Rogers Unlimited Data

Quote Originally Posted by emann56 View Post
    Yeah going back to Freedom Mobile. Thank God I was paying every 3 months to keep the plan.

Rogers new MAGNA plan is complete crap to me.

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app
    I just got the freedom $59 plan for $38.50 thanks to their employee family and friends 35% off discount code. Every employee gets 5 so it was worth it for me (I don't work for freedom)

It's got the 8GB LTE proof and also away roaming in USA with 1GB and 2400 minutes. Also it's canada-USA calling.

This is for my secondary line, primary will be going over to Koodo $49/6GB plan.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I just got the freedom $59 plan for $38.50 thanks to their employee family and friends 35% off discount code. Every employee gets 5 so it was worth it for me (I don't work for freedom)

It's got the 8GB LTE proof and also away roaming in USA with 1GB and 2400 minutes. Also it's canada-USA calling.

This is for my secondary line, primary will be going over to Koodo $49/6GB plan.
    How did you manage to get the discount? Did the employee at the store give you a code or something?

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBoy View Post
    How did you manage to get the discount? Did the employee at the store give you a code or something?
    Yes, I read about the discount code on the forum here so I asked around my friends who work with them, so they helped me out. But you can ask around at stores and I'm sure employees will help you out if you are looking to get it.

Feedback Score

Yeah I switched both of parents to the $59 LTE plan and got them both 35% off as well.
    Sadly that discount wouldn't work on my plan... I hope I am not screwed later on for keeping a 20GB plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emann56 View Post
    Yeah I switched both of parents to the $59 LTE plan and got them both 35% off as well.
    Sadly that discount wouldn't work on my plan... I hope I am not screwed later on for keeping a 20GB plan.
    I also picked up the fully FREE ZTE Grand X4 to play around with. Its on a tab but the tab doesn't cost anything extra on the monthly plan.

I'm just waiting for Rogers to send me the dreaded email informing me that they are kicking me out. Knowing its coming any day/week now.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Can they change your plan while you are still under contract? Means i can cancel without penalty?
    Bell and Rogers and Koodo

Line 1 $50 - Iphone 7 Plus 128GB
    Bell
    Unlimited Calling - North America (Canada to US Long Distance)
    10GB a Month
    Unlimited Global Text

Line 2 $50.00 - Iphone 7 128GB
    Rogers
    Unlimited Calling
    Unlimited LTE Data (20GB full speed)
    Unlimited Txt

Line 3 & 4
    Koodo
    $50.00 Ontario PLAN (Not QC or SK or MB)
    5GB LTE Data
    Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
    Unlimited Global text

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Rogers Unlimited Data

Quote Originally Posted by Get-Me1 View Post
    Can they change your plan while you are still under contract? Means i can cancel without penalty?
    They are not changing it for people on contract. Only on Month to Month basis plans for now as far as I am aware
    Last edited by 1337_Kernel; 05-20-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rogers Unlimited Data

So guys, the unfortunate email just came to my inbox today. I guess I will switch to Koodo plan. The second image is the first one. Name:  IMG_2435.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  64.7 KB

Feedback Score
    Couple of friends also got the email and they are all ok with the $60 6GB plan. Been telling them to get Koodo instead, but they somehow associate Koodo with Wind. Well it's their loss.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Got the deadly email today as well!

Going to over to Koodo for my primary line!

Carrier(s)
    TELUS -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    So I guess i have till next year to keep use my Unlimited data. Until the contract ends i guess

Anyone can confirm this that people still under contracts keep their Unlimited plans

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast