Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+ 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_Kernel View Post
    I'm guessing they are tightening things up to get this plan. Even customer service gives you a hassle to get this plan. A year ago when my friends got this who work for scotia just emailed the rep and it was done same day.
    sent you a PM, can you please check. thanks

Feedback Score
    If you need 10 gb data or more, I would just suggest getting Telus SK plan with US and Canada. It's not unlimited data though. There is a thread about it over at Telus section on how to obtain it. You'll have to contend with having a SK number although there exist a loophole to port a non SK number but it's risky.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know that if these unlimited data plans are truly unlimited, in the sense that the data is LTE for unlimited GB? Even at 39 GB, it'll still be LTE and no 3G bs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Does anyone know that if these unlimited data plans are truly unlimited, in the sense that the data is LTE for unlimited GB? Even at 39 GB, it'll still be LTE and no 3G bs?
    As far as I know the only known unlimited data plan for now is the scotiabank plan. My co worker has it but he does not go beyond 20gb and it's still at full LTE speed.

Feedback Score
    How can you get this plan? How did he? Through kijiji?

Feedback Score
    How can you get this plan? How did he? Through kijiji?
    Yeah... $400 set up fee.. it's risky though since be paid upfront

Feedback Score
    400$ is messed up considering the longevity of this plan is a question mark. and upfront, really? !Scam Alert!
    Wish some legend would do this for 50-100$ after the plan has been switched.

Feedback Score
    I just got this plan last month. I was unsure and hesitant but I paid $550 and it took a couple of weeks but now I am enjoying life with unlimited data (especially on my bus trips from Toronto to Mississauga). There was a lot of relief after the deal was done because I was so worried that I might have gotten scammed. If anyone is interested I'm in downtown Toronto (yonge and Dundas) and I can show this plan. PM me if you want to show and direct you to the person that hooked me up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmark View Post
    I just got this plan last month. I was unsure and hesitant but I paid $550 and it took a couple of weeks but now I am enjoying life with unlimited data (especially on my bus trips from Toronto to Mississauga). There was a lot of relief after the deal was done because I was so worried that I might have gotten scammed. If anyone is interested I'm in downtown Toronto (yonge and Dundas) and I can show this plan. PM me if you want to show and direct you to the person that hooked me up.
    Hey man,

Congrats on the new plan, a few questions; are you able to call rogers customer service with no concern?

And is there no throttling after a certain amount of LTE data and is there unlimited LTE tethering?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Sorry have no idea. My buddy got it through Kijiji and confirmed via rep that it's a scotia bank plan with unlimited Canada talk, text and data plus unlimited data while in the US. No calling though from US to Canada and no US long distance from Canada as well.

wait your buddy called rogers and confirmed the plan? So it's customer service safe.. Like he can call anytime about the plan without the reps questioning him or his plan?
    Last edited by johnwood2171; 10-02-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Sorry have no idea. My buddy got it through Kijiji and confirmed via rep that it's a scotia bank plan with unlimited Canada talk, text and data plus unlimited data while in the US. No calling though from US to Canada and no US long distance from Canada as well.

wait your buddy called rogers and confirmed the plan? So it's customer service safe.. Like he can call anytime about the plan without the reps questioning him or his plan?

Feedback Score
    Yeah... even the old magna plan they can't do anything about it since it was acquired through a "supposed" Corp rep and not a consumer plan. Problem is that they can't do update the plan, like put on seasonal hold etc.. they say you have to reach out to the corp rep who set the plan. Weird.

Feedback Score
    Yeah... even the old magna plan they can't do anything about it since it was acquired through a "supposed" Corp rep and not a consumer plan. Problem is that they can't do update the plan, like put on seasonal hold etc.. they say you have to reach out to the corp rep who set the plan. Weird.

Wow the peace of mind from an audit must feel amazing. Btw do you know if the plan has unlimited LTE tethering?

Feedback Score
    Wow the peace of mind from an audit must feel amazing. Btw do you know if the plan has unlimited LTE tethering?
    No guarantees though... the magna plan is no longer unlimited. It's now capped to 6gb. We can only speculate that they'll do the same to the scotiabank plan in the future. So just enjoy while it last ... as for the unlimited LTE, not sure... my co worker never goes beyond 20gb and so far, no throttling.

Feedback Score
    No guarantees though... the magna plan is no longer unlimited. It's now capped to 6gb. We can only speculate that they'll do the same to the scotiabank plan in the future. So just enjoy while it last ... as for the unlimited LTE, not sure... my co worker never goes beyond 20gb and so far, no throttling.

wait how can they just forcibly change your plan like that? Isn't that illegal via CRTC? They can only offer you etc. but they can't literally change your plan without your consent (like grandfathered plans)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast