Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

Feedback Score
    I don't know... never had the plan, just coworkers who all got it from the same guy at kijiji. No way I'll be spending $$$ for someone else to get a plan for me

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    wait how can they just forcibly change your plan like that? Isn't that illegal via CRTC? They can only offer you etc. but they can't literally change your plan without your consent (like grandfathered plans)
    If you're not in a term contract, plans can change provided you were informed 30 (60?) days in advance by your carrier which they usually do on the paper bill or PDF. Additionally in this case, the plan had likely been renegotiated between Rogers and the employer.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm if the rogers unlimited scotiabank plan has unlimited LTE tethering?

Feedback Score
    Can’t confirm unlimited, but I hit 28gb with mixed use (tethering and regular cell usage) with no issues.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Know some people who have hit 70-80 gb because where they live the tower is close and a speedtest gets them around 150 megabytes it's faster then there wifi so they tether a lot.

Feedback Score
    I found a guy willing to setup for $350, after setup and confirmation of the plan.

Debating it at the moment.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm if video streaming while on data is HD (1080p) or is limited to a lower quality? (for example, the standard unlimited t mobile plan has video streaming only up to 480p)

Feedback Score
    I was talking with the kijiji guy, and he said i cant keep my same number for the rogers unlimited data plan, i have to get a new 306 number..he also said there's a telus unlimited data plan where I can keep my same number.

Is there any truth to these two statements? Lol

Edit: he also said 50% payment upfront..
    Last edited by johnwood2171; 10-04-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel_hb View Post
    I found a guy willing to setup for $350, after setup and confirmation of the plan.

Debating it at the moment.
    Obviously a scam. You're credit is going to get screwed once you give then your details (Yes, they can screw with your credit on your Rogers account another reason to avoid online sellers completely). It's common sense but don't give your credit destroying info out to random people like this.

Feedback Score
    Do yourselves a favor and set the plan yourself. It won't be unlimited data but you won't have to spend $500 plus the possibility of getting scammed. People nowadays have nationwide calling so having a 306 area code isn't really a big deal. Or set up a fongo account and port your ON number there and have all your calls forwarded to your SK number. Just let your friends know about your new number in case they get a call from your new number

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yuo203 View Post
    Obviously a scam. You're credit is going to get screwed once you give then your details (Yes, they can screw with your credit on your Rogers account another reason to avoid online sellers completely). It's common sense but don't give your credit destroying info out to random people like this.
    How is it a scam if you pay after setup AND confirmation? Plus many others have paid these guys to get them the plan.

Btw, how does your credit get screwed if you give them login details to your rogers account?

Feedback Score
    How tf is it a scam if you pay after setup AND confirmation? Plus many others have paid these guys to get them the plan.

Btw, how does your credit get screwed if you give them login details to your rogers account?
    Do a search on Kijiji for cancelling Rogers plan. These scammers use the people they have set up for their plans unknowingly as people who are supposed to take over someone else's plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Do a search on Kijiji for cancelling Rogers plan. These scammers use the people they have set up for their plans unknowingly as people who are supposed to take over someone else's plan.

No kijiji results. So what are you trying to say? I don't understand.

Feedback Score
    Literally no kijiji results. So what are you trying to say? I don't understand.
    "Cancel Rogers" use that in your search

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    "Cancel Rogers" use that in your search

But it's a BYOD plan not a contract plan tho, how can they have our account take over an existing contract then?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast