Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 209

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    But it's a BYOD plan not a contract plan tho, how can they have our account take over an existing contract then?
    Let me give you an example... A, B, and C got a plan from kijiji guy. Got their drivers license, address, etc in order to set up a new rogers plan. Unknowingly to everyone, kijiji guy also has another advertisement. This time offering plan cancelling services for rogers. Now, person D comes in and asks how get she get off the hook with her plan, but keep her phone. Kijiji guys simply let her know that he has a "contact" who will take over her plan. The truth is, he simply calls in to Rogers and pretends to be any of the people he previously set up. Person A, B, C as an example. So basically screwing up their credit since they don't know that they have another account (once the transfer is done) and it will turn to a delinquent account... then it just go in circles.....

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    48
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Let me give you an example... A, B, and C got a plan from kijiji guy. Got their drivers license, address, etc in order to set up a new rogers plan. Unknowingly to everyone, kijiji guy also has another advertisement. This time offering plan cancelling services for rogers. Now, person D comes in and asks how get she get off the hook with her plan, but keep her phone. Kijiji guys simply let her know that he has a "contact" who will take over her plan. The truth is, he simply calls in to Rogers and pretends to be any of the people he previously set up. Person A, B, C as an example. So basically screwing up their credit since they don't know that they have another account (once the transfer is done) and it will turn to a delinquent account... then it just go in circles.....

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    oh sh*t. did anyone who got the unlimited data rogers plan through kijiji, get f*cked over like this?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    oh sh*t. did anyone who got the unlimited data rogers plan through kijiji, get f*cked over like this?
    One way to find out is to get a credit report. I personally know 2 people who got screwed like this.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    48
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    One way to find out is to get a credit report. I personally know 2 people who got screwed like this.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Is it possible to find out about the new account before it screws your credit? Could you cancel it then?

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    48
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    One way to find out is to get a credit report. I personally know 2 people who got screwed like this.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    It looks like you have a lot of knowledge of this, so btw, do you know how they even get you the scotiabank unlimited plan? Like how do they do it?

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Is it possible to find out about the new account before it screws your credit? Could you cancel it then?
    You'll end up constantly calling Telus, Fido , and Rogers asking if they have an account under your name just imagine all the hassle....

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    It looks like you have a lot of knowledge of this, so btw, do you know how they even get you the scotiabank unlimited plan? Like how do they do it?
    No idea. I've just did my research and ended up setting my own Rogers SK plan, but now I'm with Telus. Better network in my humble opinion.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    48
    Feedback Score
    0
    wait how does it screw up your credit if they don't have access to your credit card? Then it would be someone else's credit card not yours.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    wait how does it screw up your credit if they don't have access to your credit card? Then it would be someone else's credit card not yours.
    They don't need this. A government piece of ID such as drivers license number and date of birth will do the trick.

    To simplify the explanation in the above scenario, let say you got the rogers plan from this guy. The way it works is you have to open a small business account with Rogers directly. At the time, you will go through credit check with Rogers. Then once approved, the kijiji guy will ask for your driver's license, Date of birth, PIN code to the account, password etc. in order to get access to your account. He then switches you to your agreed plan. Your OK at this point.

    Then down the road, few months or so, he now has a customer, person X who wants to terminate a Telus plan. All he has to do is call Telus and pretend that he is you and would like to take over person X's plan. He already have all your personal info. He can open multiple accounts under your name without you knowing as long as you have a good credit record and Telus approves it at that point. Again, he doesn't need to give a credit card to Telus since he is not buying a device. Telus can set up an account on your name with just your drivers license.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Since you didn't know you have an account with Telus, you'll pile up monthly dues and will eventually terminate the account due to delinquency. Now your credit record is screwed.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    48
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    They don't need this. A government piece of ID such as drivers license number and date of birth will do the trick.

    To simplify the explanation in the above scenario, let say you got the rogers plan from this guy. The way it works is you have to open a small business account with Rogers directly. At the time, you will go through credit check with Rogers. Then once approved, the kijiji guy will ask for your driver's license, Date of birth, PIN code to the account, password etc. in order to get access to your account. He then switches you to your agreed plan. Your OK at this point.

    Then down the road, few months or so, he now has a customer, person X who wants to terminate a Telus plan. All he has to do is call Telus and pretend that he is you and would like to take over person X's plan. He already have all your personal info. He can open multiple accounts under your name without you knowing as long as you have a good credit record and Telus approves it at that point. Again, he doesn't need to give a credit card to Telus since he is not buying a device. Telus can set up an account on your name with just your drivers license.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    oh ok, so as long as the guy doesnt ask for my drivers license or any other ID, I'm safe?

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    oh ok, so as long as the guy doesnt ask for my drivers license or any other ID, I'm safe?
    Of course he will ask you for those or else he won't be able to get you the plan. The only plan that doesn't need this info is the koodo plan

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    192
    Feedback Score
    0
    Typical with these plans they usually get you to go to whatever carrier it's with and set up an account with them along with a cheap plan. Then after that they ask for your account number and what not.. A few years back I got on an awesome Rogers plan and all the guy needed was my rogers account info and my Koodo account info since he was transfer my number over to Rogers once the plan was set up. There as no exchange of ID or credit card info or anything like that.

    That being said it did fill super sketchy but it worked out in the end. But who knows how it is with these other people, especially with an unlimited plan.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    48
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Of course he will ask you for those or else he won't be able to get you the plan. The only plan that doesn't need this info is the koodo plan

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Thanks dbrinch for spilling so many pearls of wisdom. I appreciate it. So TLDR, these kijiji guys are committing identity theft (a serious crime)?

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylay14 View Post
    Typical with these plans they usually get you to go to whatever carrier it's with and set up an account with them along with a cheap plan. Then after that they ask for your account number and what not.. A few years back I got on an awesome Rogers plan and all the guy needed was my rogers account info and my Koodo account info since he was transfer my number over to Rogers once the plan was set up. There as no exchange of ID or credit card info or anything like that.

    That being said it did fill super sketchy but it worked out in the end. But who knows how it is with these other people, especially with an unlimited plan.
    Transferring numbers between the same owner doesn't need any credit check. They only need the account numbers and PIN.


    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sharing Rogers Unlimited Data
    By mrhindustan in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 04:37 AM
  2. Rogers unlimited data plans NEVER happening
    By stogats in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
  3. Rogers unlimited data promotion
    By risenshine85 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM
  4. Rogers Unlimited Data?
    By longd in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 10:13 PM

Bookmarks