Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Thanks dbrinch for spilling so many pearls of wisdom. I appreciate it. So TLDR, these kijiji guys are committing identity theft (a serious crime)?
    No problem. Just don't want anyone getting scammed, screwed over since I personally know 2 people who got screwed and the common denominator is the kijiji guy they used to get their plan.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Of course he will ask you for those or else he won't be able to get you the plan. The only plan that doesn't need this info is the koodo plan

The guy that did mine did not ask for any of that information. In addition, the account was a personal not a business account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpy View Post
    The guy that did mine did not ask for any of that information. In addition, the account was a personal not a business account.
    Do you have the unlimited plan or just the regular 5/10/15 gb plan?

Feedback Score

His previous post indicates that he has the unlimited plan

Feedback Score
    I have the unlimited plan.

Feedback Score
    Rogers is going to be locking down the threat of having these guys add a second plan to your account.

How?

They started doing voice authentication for accounts.

Every time you call in, they ask you a different question, to validate it is you.

I think if you jump on this plan now, 6 months from now, the Kijiji guy won't be able to answer a question specific to your plan to be able to pass the voice verification.

Besides, I hope most people at least have credit monitoring since the Equifax breach.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpy View Post
    Same here.

The guy offering to do it for me, asked for payment after the fact.

Asked me to create a small business account, then he migrates the plan over after.

Rogers has implemented voice authentication now.

If you are worried, just get credit monitoring.

At least with the tons of money you are saving off of having an unlimited plan, pay for the monitoring.

Feedback Score

just got off the phone with guy sellng it for 400$, he said i can pay after and he needs no ID from me (I just need to create a small business account).

Am I safe then? Do you see any other risk?

Feedback Score
    just got off the phone with guy sellng it for 400$, he said i can pay after and he needs no ID from me (I just need to create a small business account).

Am I safe then? Do you see any other risk?
    I really dont know dude to be honest. At least he didn't ask for any IDs but if he has accomplice at Rogers they can easily pull your personal info. Like the above poster said, best way is to monitor your credit score from time to time.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Lol just realized that in the same kijiji ad for the unlimited lte data plan, he also mentions other services like TRANSFER YOUR CONTRACT TO SOMEONE ELSE.

The last service, (TRANSFER YOUR CONTRACT TO SOMEONE ELSE) raises a red flag you mentioned earlier. But he doesnt ask for any ID for the unlimited plan tho....im so confused

Feedback Score
    Lol just realized that in the same kijiji ad for the unlimited lte data plan, he also mentions other services like TRANSFER YOUR CONTRACT TO SOMEONE ELSE.

The last service, (TRANSFER YOUR CONTRACT TO SOMEONE ELSE) raises a red flag you mentioned earlier. But he doesnt ask for any ID for the unlimited plan tho....im so confused
    Just talked to my 2 co-workers who both got their credit screwed and they said they both allegedly have delinquent Telus accounts although they are with Rogers (set up by the same kijiji guy). They cant remember if they gave their ID's to the kijiji guy. Their plan was set up in the early 2016 and they only found about the discrepancy in July 2017.

When i contacted their guy last Feb since i was shopping around to upgrade my virgin mobile thunder bay plan, he did ask for my drivers license and Date of birth. Good tbing i didnt

Feedback Score
    Just talked to my 2 co-workers who both got their credit screwed and they said they both allegedly have delinquent Telus accounts although they are with Rogers (set up by the same kijiji guy). They cant remember if they gave their ID's to the kijiji guy. Their plan was set up in the early 2016 and they only found about the discrepancy in July 2017.

When i contacted their guy last Feb since i was shopping around to upgrade my virgin mobile thunder bay plan, he did ask for my drivers license and Date of birth. Good tbing i didnt

Could they still make a delinquent account off your name with no ID? (and assume they got no special connection with a rogers employee (besides, if they had a special connection, then they could make a delinquent off of anybody's name as long as their with rogers)

Feedback Score
    Hmm... This got me thinking. When i was investigating those kijiji guys who advertise plan take overs and cancelllations, they told me they cant do Bell, Virgin Mobile and Freedom mobile. Not sure why..... And As far as I know, they cant set up an account without a valid ID, unless they can somehow fake it. If you go to the Bell section, there's also a thread on unlimited everything Bell sim cards being sold in kijiji. Some of the people who bought it claimed its been working for months.... Not sure if its still the case now since i read somewhere that Bell had discovered this scam and had begun cancelling those sim cards.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how long this plan has existed for? Like how many years?

Feedback Score
    Hmm... This got me thinking. When i was investigating those kijiji guys who advertise plan take overs and cancelllations, they told me they cant do Bell, Virgin Mobile and Freedom mobile. Not sure why..... And As far as I know, they cant set up an account without a valid ID, unless they can somehow fake it. If you go to the Bell section, there's also a thread on unlimited everything Bell sim cards being sold in kijiji. Some of the people who bought it claimed its been working for months.... Not sure if its still the case now since i read somewhere that Bell had discovered this scam and had begun cancelling those sim cards.

When setting up the account they would also require 2 pieces of ID.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast