Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sprint introduces all-wireless 'Magic box' small cell

Feedback Score
    Sprint just approved me for a Magic Box also. (See http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/e...-oh-its-magic/ for a good article).

Many many people are getting them free.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    They should be free for everyone. Unless the want to confirm band 41 is in your area!?
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Sprint just approved me for a Magic Box also. (See http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/e...-oh-its-magic/ for a good article).

Many many people are getting them free.
    Care to share your thoughts on what factors Sprint uses in determining MB eligibility? A lot of people who signed up on day 1 are still waiting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Care to share your thoughts on what factors Sprint uses in determining MB eligibility? A lot of people who signed up on day 1 are still waiting.
    I would only be speculating. They had nothing more than my account information.

I do live in an Apartment Community so quite a few nearby may benefit. We do have a lot of tree cover here and reception is neither the best nor the worst. We do have a large Sprint user base here (we were a major WiMax market).

They typically say when calling that they "have determined that your location would benefit" from the box.

Someone mentioned that they do not want to place them too close together.

And/Or random database or timing or marketing factors dould be at play.

I think a lot of the Magic Box and some other Sprint efforts (e.g. HPUE) are partly really about VoLTE futures planning.

Densification is a critical Sprint goal. It is critical to them to achieve sufficient coverage density targets in a decent number of areas to be able to turn on VoLTE later in a decent number of places at announcement (not yet of course, although Voice Plus is coming now on a few phones as a partial version of that). Most likely they have computer programs that are working hard on specific densification targets for certain areas. I would guess that this may be a feasible area for them to have an internal target date to have dense enough coverage to turn on VoLTE when they eventually do so.
    Last edited by comintel; 08-12-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Feedback Score
    I still don't understand why they don't include WiFi/Ethernet capability in these boxes. They could partner with Cable and put one inside of millions of homes or customers could buy them for personal use (instead of using an Airrave 3).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3