Thread: What protection plan did you buy for your new Samsung S8 Plus?

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

What protection plan did you buy for your new Samsung S8 Plus?

Trying to decide on what plan to buy now I have the S8+ and figured I would see what others bought to protect their cell phones?

Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why I ask is that there seems to be huge difference nowadays. I am leaning towards Squaretrade but wonder about other options like Assurion, Geek Squad, etc.

Anyone have input on their experiences?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zettler1 View Post
    Why I ask is that there seems to be huge difference nowadays. I am leaning towards Squaretrade but wonder about other options like Assurion, Geek Squad, etc.

Anyone have input on their experiences?
    Samsung has its own insurance plan like Applecare

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did Google that and went to Samsung's website only to see focus on the S8 and not the S8+. It seems you have to enter data in to find out cost, details. Maybe I missed the details but did a minimal search at least..

What I am really wanting to learn is cost, deductibles, coverage as I primarily as it for screen issues, water damage and the like and not loss.

I also asked Verizon and their deductible is now $200 per episode!

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am also thinking of insurance for the first time.... I always think it is a waste of money but this is a damn expensive phone. Problem of Square is that it does not cover loss or theft which is a huge risk.

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    I am also thinking of insurance for the first time.... I always think it is a waste of money but this is a damn expensive phone. Problem of Square is that it does not cover loss or theft which is a huge risk.
    aye, i know that's right.. -

"Smartphone repair companies are expecting to fix a lot of those beautiful, cracked Infinity Screens, the headline feature of the Samsung Galaxy S8. From a report on Motherboard:

The Samsung Galaxy S8 is expensive, popular, and fragile. Its parts can also be sourced relatively inexpensively, which means that third party repair companies are salivating over the prospect of you fumbling the phone and bringing it to them for a screen repair. "The price point is good, the repairability is there," Justin Carroll, owner of the Richmond, Virginia-based Fruit Fixed smartphone repair shop told me. "Durability-wise, it's definitely going to break, no question about that." Soon after its release, electronics insurance company SquareTrade put Samsung's new flagship phone through its breakability test, a series of drops, dunks, and tumbles. It was deemed the most breakable phone of all time: "S8 is the first phone we've tested that's cracked on the first drop on ALL sides," SquareTrade wrote in a video demonstrating the drops.There's an obvious reason for this, of course. The S8 is made almost entirely of glass, and has barely any top or bottom bezel, which is why the phone is marketed as having an "infinity screen."

was wondering where i'd go after my nexus 6p out wore it's life span..

it's outlived the nexus protect, & i'm rocking a spigen slim armor on it today, dropped it on the pavement about 4 different times at count.. nary a scratch, it looks as good as when 1st bought, minus the fingerprints on screen..

case those things up y'all..
    >:-,

"Quite ironically, denying microaggressions is a microaggression. It is mostly denied by a certain type of person who refuses to admit that their reality is different from someone else's, and that their actions and words have unfortunate consequences. It's just a way to invalidate the real claims of other individuals in order to justify maintaining their behavior.

So, a microaggression." - cuttercoats

*look in the mirror, share the world respectfully*

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Now that there is VERY SCARY!

Device(s)
    nexus 6p
    Carrier(s)
    sprintpcs
    Feedback Score
    Now that there is VERY SCARY!
    the nexus 6p was an expensive buy for me when i did buy it, lots of ppl have pros & cons on casing a device up on the strength, or lack of aesthetics..

i don't work for spigen BUT, they've protected two devices flawlessly for me to date w/o sacrificing aesthetics..

& if your investing a mint for a device, what's a few pence more for added protection, for it's longevity?

- Galaxy S8 Case Slim Armor

pro active defense, on top of reactive defense, doesn't hurt..

-

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Samsung warranty is not all that great I checked it out as for square trade I have a used them in the past for tablets and my nexus 6p they are pretty good problem in my 6p was stolen and that was not covered, I think it will be beat to get it from the carrier

Sent from my Galaxy S8 Plus
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Trying to decide on what plan to buy now I have the S8+ and figured I would see what others bought to protect their cell phones?

Thanks in advance.
    I got an S8 directly from Samsung and didn't get any protection plan. In the twenty three years I've used cell phones, I've never dropped my phone and broken it. Although one time, in 2000, I had my phone stolen. And a protection plan would have covered a replacement. But the money I save the few years prior by not have protection, more than covered the price of a new phone.

And Samsung wants $12 a month for their protection plan. That's $144 a year. For protection that I will most likely never need. Of course if something does happen, then I'll be pissed I didn't have it.