Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless voLTE &/or Wifi calling - who has it working now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
    OK, this may sound dumb, but why would anyone watch 4K or 8K videos on a cellphone? Can you distinguish between those two with the tiny screen and pixels?
    Yes that is the problem. You might not want it but might default to a high resolution accidentally anyway, and be billed for it, if you were on a high enough speed connection. In fact the latest high-end cellphones do support 4K video and you could be projecting it from the phone. I am not sure whether YouTube and the several other video services would ever default all the way to 4K or not but the original question was just whether YouTube etc use more data on a higher speed connection in general and the answer to that is yes. 4K is just an extreme example.

Feedback Score
    YouTube app has an option to limit the resolution for cell connection.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    YouTube app has an option to limit the resolution for cell connection.
    Kids might easily access YouTube without logging on to the YouTube account that had been set up with the restriction, or access one of the several other video services besides YouTube.

Using an MVNO that capped download speed would be much more kid-proof.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Kids might easily access YouTube without logging on to the YouTube account that had been set up with the restriction, or access one of the several other video services besides YouTube.

Using an MVNO that capped download speed would be much more kid-proof.
    This is me... exactly. I actually have throttles in my house based on MAC addresses for the kids, they will fire up Netflix 4K and walkaway. It's the modern version of leaving the lights on.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    This is me... exactly. I actually have throttles in my house based on MAC addresses for the kids, they will fire up Netflix 4K and walkaway. It's the modern version of leaving the lights on.
    Except the meter is spinning wildly.

Feedback Score
    I have been known for taking the cellphones away and hide them, for less reasons that that. It works better than the old school belt.
    Plus I recommend paid version of Qustodio app
    Installed on any device gives parents the control of when, how long, what can be accessed.
    The app is very hated by kids.

Feedback Score
    Update. I just got a TotalWireless branded iPhone 6 (comes with SIM) from BestBuy. Activated it, ported the number (took 3 days) and then... surprise! VoLTE is active and working on this phone!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Update. I just got a TotalWireless branded iPhone 6 (comes with SIM) from BestBuy. Activated it, ported the number (took 3 days) and then... surprise! VoLTE is active and working on this phone!
    Interesting. I'm wondering now how current TW customers can get VoLTE working on their phones/accounts. A couple months ago I tried switching SIMS ($1 Tracfone sim for another $1 Tracfone sim) and it didn't work for me. Also read about another user switching out their $1 Tracfone sim for the $10 TW sim (available at WalMart) which also didn't work.

Feedback Score

Keep us updated - I had initial success for a short time when I first had joined TW on my iPhone SE with VoLTE also..
    But it got turned off eventually..

Feedback Score
    Aha. I suppose those phones are somehow hand me downs from Verizon Prepaid and they still are marked as such on their servers. Until they get "discovered" that is.
    I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Hopefully this will get to the rest of us sonner than later.

Feedback Score
    I have Visual Voicemail but no HD Voice on my factory unlocked iPhone 6s.

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm that VoLTE works on a J7 Sky Pro on an existing total wireless account when you buy the phone new and change your existing total wireless number to it.

Not working on a verizon branded LG G3 however. I can use LTE Data while on a phone call, but i don't think it's HD calling because it won't let me activate it in the option menu. Don't know if moving the sim to the G3 would work. Probably not.Name:  Screenshot_20170731-121907.png
Views: 791
Size:  51.8 KB
    Last edited by wetherb67; 07-31-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurbineSeaplane View Post
    Keep us updated - I had initial success for a short time when I first had joined TW on my iPhone SE with VoLTE also..
    But it got turned off eventually..
    It's still working as of now. I didn't try to swap the SIM in my other phones... Maybe that's the trigger to loose the VoLTE?

PS: Personally all I need is data while on a call (VoLTE).
    In order to have HD Voice, the other end of the call has to support it too.

Feedback Score

Total Wireless VoLTE &/Or Wifi Calling - Who Has It Working Now?

I just switched to Total Wireless a couple of days ago. I just noticed today that I could not make a wifi phone call, but wifi texting worked fine. I am using a Motorola Moto Turbo 2, that was purchased directly from Verizon about two years ago. I just ran across these posts by doing a search. I will try some of the things mentioned here and report back.

Feedback Score
    My old LG G3 died and I got an used LG G4. VoLTE and Wifi Calling still do not work. Mobile Hotspot does not work either. I suspect these are tied to your SIM.

Everything else works fine.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast