Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless voLTE &/or Wifi calling - who has it working now?

Feedback Score
    I can confirm that mobile hotspot is not tied to the SIM card. I've used the same SIM card from Total Wireless in a Note 5 S7 Edge and currently in a Moto G5 Plus. Mobile hotspot refuses to work on the Note 5 due to being a stock ROM with no rooting capabilities, the S7 Edge I was able to get it to work only after rooting the device and using a flashable zip to get rid of the carrier lock. On the G5 Plus the function Works without issue even on a stock ROM with all Verizon update applied.

The two biggest factors at play are your specific device manufacturers choice to collude with Verizon to disable basic functionality of the device. VOLTE looks to have it even worse off because it is a basic function of the device that for most phones is blocked due to being locked behind a myverizon app "feature" and on unlocked devices it's simply behind a "provisioning" wall.

Reading through all of these posts I have to wonder how long the VOLTE function I had working on my Note 4 would have lasted before the glitch that toggled my provisioning to a true state was fixed in their system.

Overall I think it is ludicrous to deny basic functionality of these devices for no real reason other than to make the MVNO option inferior to bolster higher priced options. Just give users an IP address to use on your 3G/LTE networks and simplify this crap. You are getting paid at the end of the day afternoon, stop being d***s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoandGeo View Post
    Overall I think it is ludicrous to deny basic functionality of these devices for no real reason other than to make the MVNO option inferior to bolster higher priced options. Just give users an IP address to use on your 3G/LTE networks and simplify this crap. You are getting paid at the end of the day afternoon, stop being d***s.
    Although I agree with this, it's a little more complicated that that. The MVNO has to agree to pay extra for usage of the VoLTE server or set up a dedicated one. The MVNO's won't do that unless access is given free to their customers - paid by the cell provider subscribers higher fees. Is that fair?

Also, note that VoLTE works only on... LTE. Not on 3G, not on WiFi.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Update. I just got a TotalWireless branded iPhone 6 (comes with SIM) from BestBuy. Activated it, ported the number (took 3 days) and then... surprise! VoLTE is active and working on this phone!
    Is the hotspot disabled on that phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley78 View Post
    Is the hotspot disabled on that phone?
    Yes, it is disabled.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I know this is for Straight Talk running Verizon towers. So this is the closest to this question.

Has anyone figured out how to get BYOP to get VoLTE? I am working on getting a G5 Plus unlocked, but I would like to use this unlocked phone but still have VoLTE. Can you still use the SIM from like the Sky in this unlocked phone and still have VoLTE? I see lots of people talking that you still need to use the branded phones, but those posts are months old.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know this is for Straight Talk running Verizon towers. So this is the closest to this question.

Has anyone figured out how to get BYOP to get VoLTE? I am working on getting a G5 Plus unlocked, but I would like to use this unlocked phone but still have VoLTE. Can you still use the SIM from like the Sky in this unlocked phone and still have VoLTE? I see lots of people talking that you still need to use the branded phones, but those posts are months old.
    straight talk doesn't have volte yet.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    straight talk doesn't have volte yet.
    Wrong. The Straight Talk's Galaxy Sky and even the new ZTE Home Phone box does have VoLTE. I know it because I have used both. Plus if I call each other, I even get HD audio calling too. There is a HD icon that pops up on the Sky that does not show up with people without VoLTE. I can even get you screenshots if you don't believe me.

Feedback Score
    It's only with their phones, because those are from Verizon Prepaid stock and where already provisioned as such on Verizon's network (based on IEMI).
    Officially they shouldn't work because none of Tracfone subsidiaries have VoLTE (or HD voice) at this point.

On my unlocked G4 Plus and X Pure, if I turn on the "Enhanced LTE" and try to place a call I get "Server error, try again later". VoLTE doesn't work either for an unlocked BYOD iPhone 6s Plus (originally on AT&T and then T-Mobile), but it does work on a branded TW (locked) iPhone 6.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    SoNic67, that is what I was worried about and thought. So I might have to stick to newer Straight Talk phones then.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if a Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 or Moto E4 unlocked and whitelisted by Verizon after paying the "ransom" wouldhave VOLTE on Total Wireless ?

Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    It's only with their phones, because those are from Verizon Prepaid stock and where already provisioned as such on Verizon's network (based on IEMI).
    Officially they shouldn't work because none of Tracfone subsidiaries have VoLTE (or HD voice) at this point.

On my unlocked G4 Plus and X Pure, if I turn on the "Enhanced LTE" and try to place a call I get "Server error, try again later". VoLTE doesn't work either for an unlocked BYOD iPhone 6s Plus (originally on AT&T and then T-Mobile), but it does work on a branded TW (locked) iPhone 6.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Since october262 might not believe me, I thought I will show you these screenshots of a call between the Straight Talk Galaxy Sky and the Straight Talk ZTE Home Phone box. As you can see, there is HD in the corner of the Sky's call screen. I blocked out the ZTE Home Phone box's phone number for security reasons.

Name:  Screenshot_20170919-163059.png
Views: 427
Size:  44.4 KBName:  Screenshot_20170919-163134.png
Views: 441
Size:  90.0 KBName:  Screenshot_20170919-163156.png
Views: 432
Size:  52.4 KB

Feedback Score
    It's not only the Straight Talk devices, the Total Wireless ones too... The exception seem to be the BYOD.
    PS: The reps don't know anything about this, if you ask them they say that <Tracfone companies> don't have VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    I wonder if a Verizon Prepaid Moto E4 or Moto E4 unlocked and whitelisted by Verizon after paying the "ransom" wouldhave VOLTE on Total Wireless ?
    I tried with an unlocked VPP Moto E4 and I was able to configure VoLTE (through the Network Mode app) on TracFone/Verizon, but get an error when trying to make a call.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    I tried with an unlocked VPP Moto E4 and I was able to configure VoLTE (through the Network Mode app) on TracFone/Verizon, but get an error when trying to make a call.
    That does not sound good, too. My second plan was to get an Verizon phone out right too, but since that does not work, that would be waste time and money for me then. I wish the company would understand this VoLTE setting.

I found some good info on this ZTE Home Phone box. After looking at the specs of this ZTE Home Phone box closer and even on the FCC site, this ZTE Home Phone box only supports LTE and nothing else. Plus the FCC site's PDFs for the Home Phone even says VoLTE.

Feedback Score

Total Wireless Wifi Calling: Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Vs. iPhone 6S

I switched from Verizon to Total Wireless two weeks ago. I had wifi calling on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 with Verizon. I no longer have it with Total Wireless. My work phones, on the other hand, is an Apple iPhone 6S. I can make wifi calls through that just fine. I find it interesting that my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 can't make wifi calls on Total Wireless, but wifi texting still works just fine!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast