Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless voLTE &/or Wifi calling - who has it working now?

Feedback Score
    There is no WiFi texting. SMS goes ove 2G network when you are connected to WiFi.

Except Apple, because they don't use always the provider SMS, they use exclusivelly Apple servers for SMS between iPhones.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE works on our BYOP for Straight Talk and Net10. Does it really not work on Total Wireless. Is everyone getting capped speeds with TW around 5mbps? I just tested my Net10 and get 65mbps. I'm having a hard time deciding if the switch is worth it.

Feedback Score
    Waht phone are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by granitepeaker View Post
    VoLTE works on our BYOP for Straight Talk and Net10. Does it really not work on Total Wireless. Is everyone getting capped speeds with TW around 5mbps? I just tested my Net10 and get 65mbps. I'm having a hard time deciding if the switch is worth it.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    What cell phone and what service provider like Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, or Sprint are you on?

Feedback Score
    No capped speeds here on TW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    What cell phone and what service provider like Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, or Sprint are you on?
    Nexus 6P and Iphone 7 Plus, both on the Verizon network of towers.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Nexus 6P and Iphone 7 Plus, both on the Verizon network of towers.
    Can you show us the VoLTE or Enhanced LTE setting from your Nexus 6P? Are you sure you can make phone call and still surf the web at the same time without WiFi enabled? Is your Nexus 6P modded or not? Need a little bit more info on the Nexus 6P.

I know lots of the iPhones are a different story because they fall in a different type of system if I remember right. Someone else might know more then me on the iPhones.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE does not work on my LG G4 with Total Wireless. Why would VoLTE be that important for you though?

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Seneschal, if you are asking me, I go sometimes in an area that does not work via CDMA voice, but LTE data still works fine. Using Skype or Google Voice is the only way to make phone calls in this area that I travel in at times. I don't travel in this area much in a month, but using Skype or Google Voice is hassle. Near home which is west central Iowa, I don't really need VoLTE, but southwest Iowa and northeast Missouri is a dead zone unless you use VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
    Why would VoLTE be that important for you though?
    Because while on a CDMA voice call (including when incoming ringing is on), you don't have data connection. Like navigation for example. Or numbers filtering with an app as Mr Number.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    SoNic67, I almost forgot about that. At times, I still use an unlocked Verizon Galaxy S4 which can do voice and data at the same time, but that is how it was built tho. That is why kept going back to it over like the older Straight Talk Galaxy Grand Prime, a few different cheaper Motos, and a few others that I have but not active because of that reason. The Galaxy Sky is the closest to a cheap phone that I can use good enough.

On the side note, my brother has a Straight Talk branded Galaxy S7 since it came out. Come to find out with his S7's SIM right now, he has no VoLTE setting. I asked if I could put my Sky's SIM in his phone. Come to fine out, that Galaxy S7 gets VoLTE setting and even HD calling. Then when I switch the SIM back to his SIM, the VoLTE setting is still there, but it does not work at.

Feedback Score
    It's IEMI related. I can force the "Enhanced LTE" switch to show on my Moto G4 Plus or on the Moto X Pure. However, the VoLTE server (operated by VZW) doesn't recognize the IEMI and any call fails with a "server error" message.
    Your Verizon Galaxy S4, like my kid's Total Wireless iPhone6 (old new stock Verizon Prepaid I assume), are still in VZW database and that's why is "allowed" to have VoLTE. Unlocked BYOD for now are not whitelisted for VoLTE.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    The Verizon Galaxy S4 is before Verizon had the VoLTE or Advanced Calling option. It just that it can use the CMDA and LTE radios at the same time. I know the Straight Talk Galaxy S5's that way too because my brother has a S5, and he still uses it at times too. The Straight Talk Galaxy S5 can do Voice and Data at the same time, but it has not VoLTE settings. Then, I think the S6 and newer can't do data and voice unless it has VoLTE. He misses using voice and data at the same time on his Galaxy S7. Now, he knows that he can get VoLTE on the Galaxy S7 now, but he needs to figure out how to get a new SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Seneschal, if you are asking me, I go sometimes in an area that does not work via CDMA voice, but LTE data still works fine. Using Skype or Google Voice is the only way to make phone calls in this area that I travel in at times. I don't travel in this area much in a month, but using Skype or Google Voice is hassle. Near home which is west central Iowa, I don't really need VoLTE, but southwest Iowa and northeast Missouri is a dead zone unless you use VoLTE.
    If you have a specialized or business need like this, I think the better option is to just go with Verizon Prepaid. Should be able to get this feature nation-wide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Because while on a CDMA voice call (including when incoming ringing is on), you don't have data connection. Like navigation for example. Or numbers filtering with an app as Mr Number.
    Not sure that many people would be using data while making calls. Usually I have hard enough time paying attention to the call to be surfing the web at the same time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast