Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Total Wireless voLTE &/or Wifi calling - who has it working now?

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
    If you have a specialized or business need like this, I think the better option is to just go with Verizon Prepaid. Should be able to get this feature nation-wide.
    I don't need it that much to switch back to Verizon or Verizon Prepaid. It would be nice tho.

Plus, I know there is people that is getting Verizon transfer or disconnection letters for using too much LTE in this area. It was on the news the other day. I am not sure what is fully behind that letter yet too. I do see people talking about it here too.

The biggest reason is data and voice at the same times. Sometimes, I have family and friends that wants me to look at something right away because they think everyone has a way to do voice and data at the same time. If you tell a very few of them that you have to get off the phone to look, they think you have a crap phone or service. There is others that understand it tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
    Not sure that many people would be using data while making calls. Usually I have hard enough time paying attention to the call to be surfing the web at the same time.
    My wife got stranded with the car some 5 hours away from home, at night time because of an accident that closed the interstate for hours. I was on the phone with her talking about a safe detour and she panicked because couldn't use the navigation while I was trying to explain where is a safest route.

Also I have this app that blocks unwanted calls "Mr. Number" - a call comes, and it checks the number against an online database. Well, it works only if I am on WiFi.

Feedback Score
    I noticed my new sims on the TW branded iphone SE’s I just bought had "LTE-V" stamped on them. Can use data while on phone calls now too unlike my 5S. Kinda nice. Still no hotspot support which blows but still a minor win!

Feedback Score
    It's the branded phone, not the SIM. They are from VZW - new old stock, so the network recognize their IEMI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
    I noticed my new sims on the TW branded iphone SE’s I just bought had "LTE-V" stamped on them. Can use data while on phone calls now too unlike my 5S. Kinda nice. Still no hotspot support which blows but still a minor win!
    Any phone that does VoLTE + HOTSPOT? My Nexus 6 can do HOTSPOT but NO VoLTE with TW! It is VoLTE capable!

Feedback Score
    None of the phones are supposed to have VoLTE, it is not officially activated on any TracFone MVNO. The phones bought from TW accidentally have VoLTE active because... they are former VZW prepaid (new old stock) and VZW didn't effectively blacklisted them yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    None of the phones are supposed to have VoLTE, it is not officially activated on any TracFone MVNO. The phones bought from TW accidentally have VoLTE active because... they are former VZW prepaid (new old stock) and VZW didn't effectively blacklisted them yet.
    My wife has a postpaid Verizon iPhone SE moved to TW with a BYOP SIM that has VoLTE capability, whereas I have a postpaid Verizon iPhone 6 moved to TW with a BYOP SIM and it does not have VoLTE capability.

Sadly neither have WiFi calling, which would come in handy in certain circumstances.

Device(s)
    Sanyo SCP-3100
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have a Nexus 5X that has never been on Verizon's network that I just activated with Total Wireless using a Total Wireless branded SIM card I purchased at Best Buy. Upon activation, I noticed the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" was enabled and I noticed VoLTE provisioned under the Phone Information screen. Using SignalCheck Pro, sure enough, the phone only is using the LTE radio while it is on a phone call and I am able to use data services while on the phone as well! I am not getting the unthrottled speeds that others are seeing (5 Mbit down and 2 Mbit up), but I'm OK with that...it's plenty fast for streaming and other things that I do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6