Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Feedback Score
    How can you do this if you are an existing Telus customer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bovid View Post
    How can you do this if you are an existing Telus customer?
    The only difference between TELUS and Koodo is that TELUS My Account only allows one number change every 90 days vs. once every billing cycle Koodo. Read the Koodo thread, read what I posted in this thread, and do your own thing.

Feedback Score
    Alright guys i am on telus 15gigs plan no Tab BYOD
    screen shot attached
    Name:  edddddd.PNG
Views: 846
Size:  90.9 KB

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha888 View Post
    Alright guys i am on telus 15gigs plan no Tab BYOD

(...)
    Great news! Did you do it yourself? Or did you get somebody on Kijiji to do it for you as you mentioned in your previous post? Did everything go smoothly?

Feedback Score
    butter smooth someone helped me
    thanks

Feedback Score
    I already have a Saskatchewan number on virgin mobile prepaid. I live in Alberta and was wondering if I go to a Telus Store, will they allow me to port my Sask number to them and sign up for a Telus plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BasesLoadedWalk View Post
    I already have a Saskatchewan number on virgin mobile prepaid. I live in Alberta and was wondering if I go to a Telus Store, will they allow me to port my Sask number to them and sign up for a Telus plan?
    They don't care and probably won't even know where your number is from.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dealer for my employer is Apex Wireless and they are very much ***holes.

I provided them with a SK address for billing, Requested a SK #, and SK Plan.

I put shipping address as ON and they said I was committing network fraud and denied to process my order.

If anyone can DM me a little help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Samshares; 05-25-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    BB8830 & P4000 Telus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Hi Guys,
    I would like to know after getting the SK plan, and porting a non province number onto it, does the account freeze? In other wards, are you still able to add different SOCS (LD mins, International SMS, Visual Voicemail) on to the account afterwards, or is it no longer permitted like Rogers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesamodel View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I would like to know after getting the SK plan, and porting a non province number onto it, does the account freeze? In other wards, are you still able to add different SOCS (LD mins, International SMS, Visual Voicemail) on to the account afterwards, or is it no longer permitted like Rogers?
    You can do whatever you want, except for probably getting a subsidized phone later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    This is an old line. I am not using or going to use this line; I keep it active for a different thing that I am abusing. I just wanted to try and see if the plan thing still works because of that person claiming it was fixed. I am using an old Koodo one with $10/GB overage rate and monthly 30 free international minutes.

How you can do it: get a Bell or a Virgin Mobile SIM card. There is usually one for $0.99 on eBay. Activate the card online on prepaid without topping up, and choose a MB/SK/QC number. Go to a TELUS store to activate a new line. Tell them you want to transfer your number during activation, not afterwards. Transfer that MB/SK/QC number. Do not mention anything about MB/SK/QC at all when you are there. Their system will also let you choose a MB/SK/QC plan during activation. Get behind the screen, watch what they are doing, act dumb, and then choose the plan you want on the screen when it comes to that step. That is actually how I got my Koodo plan a few years ago. Go home, port the number -TELUS My Account might say you need to wait 14 days after activation to change the number, but it might also take up to 2 billing cycles for it to allow you because their website is full of bugs, some of which I happily abuse.

Or you can get an AB/BC/ON number, change to MB/SK/QC, and then port, but this will take at least 90 days because TELUS My Account allows one phone number change every 90 days.

This used to be a lot easier because you could activate a TELUS line online, and choose whatever number and plan you want without dealing with a person.
    Sent you a PM. Just had a few questions.

Device(s)
    BB8830 & P4000 Telus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    You can do whatever you want, except for probably getting a subsidized phone later.
    Thanks so much, I appreciate that.

Do you think it would be an issue to walk into a telus store, get a subsidized phone on a in market. Xfer your SK number from another company during activation. Go home, sign up for online self serve. Change the plan to an SK plan for subsidized pricing in SK. Then port your non sk number on to the account? Since you would only be changing your number Once, if hypothetically they're activating your SK number on to telus from your already temporary prepaid SK number. Would that be an issue? Or is it better to just BYOD and stick with the SK plan without subsidized pricing on phone.

Device(s)
    BB8830 & P4000 Telus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by euroeuro View Post
    There is no Device tab. All the tabs are different.

Attachment 151179

Attachment 151180

Where you able to get you NON SK number ported in on to your SK corporate plan? If not, are you not able to call Channel care which I believe handles only Corporate accounts via phone?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesamodel View Post
    If not, are you not able to call Channel care which I believe handles only Corporate accounts via phone?
    Channel Care handles dealers, i.e. channels...
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Device(s)
    BB8830 & P4000 Telus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Channel Care handles dealers, i.e. channels...
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast