Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsillusion View Post
    I managed to set up 2 corporate SK lines from ON, one earlier in the month (Sept 5th) and one last week (Sept 19). Primarily did most of this online via portals/emails.
    I had difficulties both times with virgin mobile prepaid lines. I was told by the 1st rep that they do not allow ports of prepaid lines, but she just set me up with a new SK number with the SK plan and everything else worked as expected. The second rep was confused because he was trying to set up an ON plan with the SK number, and it didn't allow him to. But when he selected the SK plan, it worked fine. He did warn me that it may get audited by Telus in the future, so I'll update if that happens.

Not sure if theres a difference between how they set up the corporate lines vs non-corporate lines. But maybe try setting it up at one of the telus resellers that can also do corporate lines? They all seemed clueless. To find them, this is what telus corporate support told me:

Also, thanks Samshares and dbrinch and everyone else who has contributed here for your help!!
    So you were able to get a SK plan with SK number, then were able to port in your existing number with virgin pre-paid? Was the virgin number an ON number? I've been trying to help me extended family get some plans for them and now like I mentioned they completely refuse to port in the number

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This loophole is practically closed, I have had 0 luck in past week trying to port in a number online (started with local #, changed online, got the plan setup, and then tried to port in local # via chat).

Every rep has declined to port in a local #. Stating "It is not compatible with the Sask Plan".

Tried, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and even late night to get a "nice" rep. However seems Telus has trained everyone well in recent weeks as I have had good luck before this.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Feedback Score
    Start with the $10 mobile internet plan. Wait 90 days for $30. Change the plan. Port yourself.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Start with the $10 mobile internet plan. Wait 90 days for $30. Change the plan. Port yourself.
    Changing plans to SK has been a issue recently as well through online, even with the old site, shows "We are experiencing Technical Difficulty". It used to be a issue limited to Can-US plan changes but now its affecting Canada-wide as well.

This is from my own experience recently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Changing plans to SK has been a issue recently as well through online, even with the old site, shows "We are experiencing Technical Difficulty". It used to be a issue limited to Can-US plan changes but now its affecting Canada-wide as well.

This is from my own experience recently.
    They are too ****ing stupid to make a functioning website. If you get the Voice 35 plan on that line, the "Voice&Lite -PPU" add-on will be added. Then you can change the plan to YC SK yourself. First, only change the plan without touching any add-ons. Then, switch the PPU add-on with a YC data add-on.

You can start with Voice 35, then switch to Mobile Internet Flex and wait. You can ask TELUS to change your plan to Voice 35 on the last day of a billing cycle, and then do any plan change yourself a day later.

See the screenshot. If I switch "Voice&Lite -PPU" with a YC data add-on at the same time as the plan change, I do get that error. So, the plan has to be changed first, and then the add-on.

They used to have a $5 plan for tablets. That is how my lines were costing them money.

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Is the number port to Sk possible now?

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    They are too ****ing stupid to make a functioning website. If you get the Voice 35 plan on that line, the "Voice&Lite -PPU" add-on will be added. Then you can change the plan to YC SK yourself. First, only change the plan without touching any add-ons. Then, switch the PPU add-on with a YC data add-on.

You can start with Voice 35, then switch to Mobile Internet Flex and wait. You can ask TELUS to change your plan to Voice 35 on the last day of a billing cycle, and then do any plan change yourself a day later.
    Let's see if I have this straight. The current way to get an SK plan is to follow the following steps:
    1. Go to a Telus dealer and try to get a Voice 35 plan with an SK number. If that doesn't work, get a Voice 35 with an ON number and then go home and change the number to SK.
    2. Change the plan to Mobile Internet Flex at $10 a month. Wait 90 days (and hope they don't continue to tighten the loopholes like they have been over the past few weeks).
    3. Change the Mobile Internet Flex plan back to the Voice 35 plan.
    4. Change to the SK YC Voice plan of your choice.
    5. Change the PPU data to the SK data option of your choice.
    6. Port an ON number on top of the SK plan (since you've waited 90 days, this should - in theory - work).

Is there anything I'm missing in the above steps?

Sounds like with a 90 day waiting period this has just become a lot more difficult, with no guarantee they won't fix the small remaining loophole within those 90 days.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingDark View Post
    Is there anything I'm missing in the above steps?
    Avoid Telus stores
    BestBuy is more than happy to activate the SK plans with SK data
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cao0215 View Post
    Is the number port to Sk possible now?

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app
    Seems it's completely shutdown as now every rep will state they will not port in a non sk number on a sk plan. even their tools seems to be forcing the change as I've had reps who were very willing, asked my number, account, provider, then told me to hold until they process it. A minute later they come back saying their system will force them to change the plan. Some even contacted their "support team" to ask why they can't do it, then they get the answer that they are not suppose to.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    Even the self serve number port every 90 days is closed too? Or rather will force a plan change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitt View Post
    Seems it's completely shutdown as now every rep will state they will not port in a non sk number on a sk plan. even their tools seems to be forcing the change as I've had reps who were very willing, asked my number, account, provider, then told me to hold until they process it. A minute later they come back saying their system will force them to change the plan. Some even contacted their "support team" to ask why they can't do it, then they get the answer that they are not suppose to.
    You are asking a csr to do it on corp discount account. Consumer plans can do the port online themselves.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    You are asking a csr to do it on corp discount account. Consumer plans can do the port online themselves.
    90 Day Wait is valid for consumer accounts, as for Corp Accounts one cannot do it online.

Feedback Score

Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Has any one on the corporate versions of these plans tried to stack data plans....for example adding another 15gb on top of the base 15gb...Some people think you cannot do this on the corporate plans I just wanted to know if anybody with a corporate plan has tried to add more data.
    Last edited by TrentH; 10-07-2017 at 05:01 PM.
    Bell Corp Plan:
    • 250 Anytime Minutes
    • Canada Wide Incoming Calls 1000 minutes Free
    • Unlimited Weeknights & Weekends (6pm-7am)
    • Call Display, Message Center
    • Voice Mail
    • Unlimited Text Messaging Canada
    • Unlimited Bell to Bell Cellphones local
    * Canada Long Distance - $0.10 / minute
    * US Long Distance - $0.20 / minute

* Unlimited Personal Email and Internet - $30.00

$65.00 Total

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentH View Post
    Has any one the corporate versions of these plans tried to stack data plans....for example adding another 15gb on top of the base 15gb...Some people think you cannot do this on the corporate plans I just wanted to know if anybody with a corporate plan has tried to add more data.
    once you get the notice that you're almost done your data allotment, you get the option to buy more data. for some reason, and i truly do stand corrected, but I don't think buying another 15gb is an option... I think you can buy up to 5gb more... I'm going off memory here so don't beat me up if Im wrong...

Feedback Score
    I had a 647 port done onto a corp SK plan yesterday, without a plan change. I emailed the corp support team twice, the first rep said I'd have to change the plan to an ON plan. The second rep, on thanksgiving, did it for me without any hassle. Seems like this can still be done on the corporate side.

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast