Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesamodel View Post
    How about you personally Samshares, did you decide to finally port over on your Corp plan? Have you had any issues yourself, or still haven't?
    I have ported my number over on my Corp plan and so far its been normal (Fingers crossed).

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Public, Chatr
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    The person that I know who got screwed over, has not spoken to their personal rep yet as the person was away.
    Ok this is a question I need to ask, I saw a few people comment about a "personal rep"
    What is that? Is the personal rep the fraud dept client service you need to deal with when account got flagged or?
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $39 Refer = $23 per Month
    Chatr $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Ok this is a question I need to ask, I saw a few people comment about a "personal rep"
    What is that? Is the personal rep the fraud dept client service you need to deal with when account got flagged or?
    No, since last year, Telus introduced personal reps, meaning a rep at a call center is assigned to clients (many clients), so each time you call if the rep is working, you will always get the same rep rather than someone random, this allows Telus to provide a more of a "Customized" experience for customers much like you get in store when you go see the same rep over and over.

Feedback Score
    What's the best plan to get RIGHT NOW without any corp discount ? Eager
    To leave robbers as my plan is coming to an end...

Feedback Score
    I'm _IN_ Sask, with a Sask DL and address, and am actually wanting to keep my BC number but change over to a Sask plan. Naturally I've been told no bueno unless I get a Sask number.

I'm guessing I could probably go down the same route buying a Koodo prepay sim and adding that to my Telus account?

I've also got a corp plan that will go on soon (Telus made a new rule on May 8th, you must be in the last 6 months of your contract to get the discount).

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Warning: If you do not work for a company that has a deal with Telus, then you are not going to get a Corp Discount, because they verify Employment to the fullest extent. Unless someone is willing to risk their credit history to put you on a account under their name and trust you with not screwing it up, then go ahead, but no one here on the forum can help you (This should be a sticky because lots of people keep asking about this)

Also Taking a contract is more likely to raise flags on your account due to the fact that your taking something from Telus at a discount rate as your not "Entitled" to it in your market. So they watch you more precisely. Others have said that it safe guards you, but in fact in my opinion unless your willing to risk loosing your number and fight it out through CCTS Complaint, your not going to get very far. With BYOD, Telus is only gaining so its a positive thing for them vs you taking a free phone on contract as the difference between Contract vs BYOD is $20/month for most phones
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post

Also Taking a contract is more likely to raise flags on your account due to the fact that your taking something from Telus at a discount rate as your not "Entitled" to it in your market. So they watch you more precisely. Others have said that it safe guards you, but in fact in my opinion unless your willing to risk loosing your number and fight it out through CCTS Complaint, your not going to get very far. With BYOD, Telus is only gaining so its a positive thing for them vs you taking a free phone on contract as the difference between Contract vs BYOD is $20/month for most phones
    This actually sounds a little promising (and makes sense) for BYOD :P

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    So does it still work or is Telus actively kicking people off the plans got thru the loophole? I curently have a Koodo 5GB Sask plan, but I'd like to switch to the Telus 15GB Sask plan. All is BYOP, no discounted phones involved. I live in Alberta.

Should I go for it or is the risk high that I will loose the plan?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16