Thread: Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikachu View Post
    The loophole is closed.
    No, it is not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    No, it is not.
    In Ontario, you cannot port over the SK number, with an in-Province number. The website has been updated so that "My Account Classic" does not give you the option to change your number.

Attachment 155178

The "New My Account" transfer does not approve the port, unless the area codes of the current and the new number are from the same province. If there is a way around this on the Self-Serve website please let me know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitt View Post
    Not sure how you managed to skip the 90 days wait time. I don't get ported to the new website when I go to change the number, but I do get the 90 days wait time.

So you ported SK number into Telus, then when the billing cycle turned over, you could port in your old number via classic website?
    The number was ported prior to the start of the new billing cycle as there was an 8 day gap between sign-up and start of the billing cycle. There was no mention of 90-day. Another attempt was made to see what would happen, at which point the system indicated a number change could only happen every 90 days. All changes/attempts were done via the classic site.

One thing to note, the clerk at Walmart only supplied a voice plan initially while porting in the Virgin SK number to Telus. Chatted w/ Telus online later that day to ask about adding the 15GB data add-on. It was added successfully despite a comment made regarding having an ON address. The ON port was done 4 days later from Telus --> Koodo Prepaid --> Telus.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    In Ontario, you cannot port over the SK number, with an in-Province number. The website has been updated so that "My Account Classic" does not give you the option to change your number.
    Just tested it

It is STILL there

But they have HIDDEN the change number link (so only way I can get to it is by manually entering the url I had the foresight to save before webpage update)
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Just tested it

It is STILL there

But they have HIDDEN the change number link (so only way I can get to it is by manually entering the url I had the foresight to save before webpage update)
    Can you share that URL?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    Just tested it

It is STILL there

Lol so this a community of people looking for the best plans and deals and general cell enthusiasts. However you want to toot your own horn instead of sharing with your fellow hofoians. How crass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For the normal consumer, this loophole is longer a option.

Only people with expert knowledge.

Those that are waiting out, I think others can agree, its better to pay someone and get it done before things are permanently shutdown as that is just around the corner, at that point no one will be able to get it done.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Can you share that URL?
    You would need your number (ID number?)
    From what I can tell each phone number has a unique ID number (I thought was an account number at first but it is not)

Posting the link without what the numbers are will not help anyone else (I would hope not gives access to my account but with Telus coding who knows lol)

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post
    Lol so this a community of people looking for the best plans and deals and general cell enthusiasts. However you want to toot your own horn instead of sharing with your fellow hofoians. How crass.
    Man jealous much?
    Anyone else who has gone into account in past could easily get their own numbers

Or do you want me to guess what your number is?
    Without you sending me your login credentials I can not even attempt to see your number change

Feedback Score
    You would need your number (ID number?)
    From what I can tell each phone number has a unique ID number (I thought was an account number at first but it is not)

Posting the link without what the numbers are will not help anyone else (I would hope not gives access to my account but with Telus coding who knows lol)
    I was asking for the link to verify the credibility of what was said. I have a hard time believing that after all these updates, Telus would forget to remove access to the old self-serve account. A simple line of code would eliminate potential access by anyone without credentials to make such changes. I am not sure what "expert knowledge" means. I myself bookmarked the link to the old self-serve change number page, and it's nothing but an unavailable page. Suggesting for fellow HoFo members to pay someone to set this up for them sounds like a scam to me.

Feedback Score

Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

This loophole is in fact closed for good. I tried to activate a new line in BC with SK prepaid number. It was a EPP plan. The system would not allow the store to choose a plan (after they had entered the activation/confirmation code for EPP), it was saying that customer is not eligible for any plans at the moment - the part where you have to select a plan for your number. They called in Telus’s activation line and were told that you cannot get a SK plan with a B.C. billing address. RIP savings.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Thread closed, please see announcement at the top of this forum for details.
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43