Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Oh, i m already gotten sk plan and in port procedure, so now i m in koodo qc 8g plan and it is worth to try telus sk plan? Looks more strict than in koodo

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Someone I know that followed this guide to get on the $55 SK Plan (Unlimited Canada-US-Wide + 1GB Data) was given two options, they even got a 2 year contract for a new iPhone, on the contract its obviously a SK # + the plan:

1) Take a SK #

or

2) Switch to ON Plan.

Line had been only active for 1 week.

Looks like Telus is harshly cracking down.

I am not surprised though as in the past on this forum we have seen reports of people getting auto switched to in market plan when they port in a local #.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Someone I know that followed this guide to get on the $55 SK Plan (Unlimited Canada-US-Wide + 1GB Data) was given two options, they even got a 2 year contract for a new iPhone, on the contract its obviously a SK # + the plan:

1) Take a SK #

or

2) Switch to ON Plan.

I am not surprised though as in the past on this forum we have seen reports of people getting auto switched to in market plan when they port in a local #.
    Did they call them or email them?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylay14 View Post
    It was a Call and it wasn't "Fraud" related, just a random call and they changed the # instantly to ON#

What do you guys think CCTS would do for the customer?

The contract is for the SK plan and SK # with ON address.

Anyone with any experience?
    Last edited by Samshares; 06-20-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Did you get hit by this fraud check thingy too?

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Quote Originally Posted by WBC View Post
    Did you get hit by this fraud check thingy too?

Sent from my SM-G955W using HoFo mobile app
    Not me no.

Feedback Score

1) Take a SK #

or

2) Switch to ON Plan.

It was a Call and it wasn't "Fraud" related, just a random call and they changed the # instantly to ON#

What do you guys think CCTS would do for the customer?

The contract is for the SK plan and SK # with ON address.

Anyone with any experience?
    When they changed my (not out-of-province) plans, they didn't even call. Someone at TELUS hit all lines in less than half an hour, and I received emails confirming the changes. The lines had been active for months/years, but I had activated another line the previous day. If someone is looking into your account for whatever reason and that person does not give a **** about the Wireless Code, you will probably lose the plan. If you are a new account, your chances of losing the plan is higher. You get a personal rep for 30 days who might also look into your account. If you file a CCTS complaint, it will take months if TELUS does not cooperate. My complaint from the second week of April is still ongoing. It is better to return the phone within 15 days, add a new line to the same account, and wait a few weeks before porting. Also, a SK line with 15 GB + an Ontario line sharing the data still costs less than just an Ontario line with 14 GB.
    Last edited by 5714; 06-20-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiryon View Post
    UPDATE 1: The front line agent wouldn't let me speak with the fraud dept, but told me what ID and information to send and whom to send it. I sent it immediately and followed up and phone and the agent told me that they now have what they need, but it will take 24 hours to restore service!!! The agent assured me everything will be restored exactly as it was.
    UPDATE 2: 1.5 days and still "no service". I've called the Escalations group - they can't help. They say the fraud group needs to take as long as they need. I don't know if the delay is at all related to the Ontario address. The main line is Manitoba number, Manitoba plan, Ontario address.

Feedback Score
    UPDATE 2: 1.5 days and still "no service". I've called the Escalations group - they can't help. They say the fraud group needs to take as long as they need. I don't know if the delay is at all related to the Ontario address. The main line is Manitoba number, Manitoba plan, Ontario address.
    What exactly did you send? Did you fax or email?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    When they changed my (not out-of-province) plans, they didn't even call. Someone at TELUS hit all lines in less than half an hour, and I received emails confirming the changes. The lines had been active for months/years, but I had activated another line the previous day. If someone is looking into your account for whatever reason and that person does not give a **** about the Wireless Code, you will probably lose the plan. If you are a new account, your chances of losing the plan is higher. You get a personal rep for 30 days who might also look into your account. If you file a CCTS complaint, it will take months if TELUS does not cooperate. My complaint from the second week of April is still ongoing. It is better to return the phone within 15 days, add a new line to the same account, and wait a few weeks before porting. Also, a SK line with 15 GB + an Ontario line sharing the data still costs less than just an Ontario line with 14 GB.
    The person that I know who got screwed over, has not spoken to their personal rep yet as the person was away. I think during the port they had a minor issue with the account #, that may have raised some red flags to the point that later they called her back to say that were changing the plans.

Probably better to just file a CCTS complaint, I was with her when she called and a high up support rep was on the phone and that rep stated that its "not allowed" despite her saying that since its not written in my contract, you cannot force me to select a number as no such terms are written in the contract. The higher up rep argued that we simply cannot allow individuals from one market to have a plan from another market due to "service related costs to serve different markets".

She said she can keep her plan with a SK # and use it anywhere, that is no issue, however if a ON # is wanted then must be on ON Plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    What exactly did you send? Did you fax or email?
    Sent passport, driver's licence and utility bill. Sent by email.

Feedback Score
    The person that I know who got screwed over, has not spoken to their personal rep yet as the person was away. I think during the port they had a minor issue with the account #, that may have raised some red flags to the point that later they called her back to say that were changing the plans.
    Is there anyone here who lose the plan after NOT drawing unnecessary attention to the account? Except for the person who claims to be banned by TELUS.

Try using the "unlimited plan/number change" bug to also lower the chance of the fraud department's involvement.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE 3 (and hopefully final update): Fraud Dept reactivated everything and all good to go.

Device(s)
    BB8830 & P4000 Telus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE 3 (and hopefully final update): Fraud Dept reactivated everything and all good to go.
    GREAT!!! Its a relief to know there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Device(s)
    BB8830 & P4000 Telus
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score

Probably better to just file a CCTS complaint, I was with her when she called and a high up support rep was on the phone and that rep stated that its "not allowed" despite her saying that since its not written in my contract, you cannot force me to select a number as no such terms are written in the contract. The higher up rep argued that we simply cannot allow individuals from one market to have a plan from another market due to "service related costs to serve different markets".

She said she can keep her plan with a SK # and use it anywhere, that is no issue, however if a ON # is wanted then must be on ON Plan.
    How about you personally Samshares, did you decide to finally port over on your Corp plan? Have you had any issues yourself, or still haven't?

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast