Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Thread: Koodo Plan Loophole on TELUS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    Koodo disabled switching to MB/SK plans through Self Serve. That is all.
    Are you serious ?
    So you can't get the plan $49 6gb no more ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ma__89 View Post
    Are you serious ?
    . .

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you serious ?
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Are you serious ?
    You're talking about the QC (Quebec) Koodo plan which is not affected. He said the MB/SK Koodo plans are not available through Self Serve.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    So after I managed to get a rep to setup my SK plan with SK number, it seems several said their system actually no longer allows them to port in a non SK number. I even had 2 reps that were extremely willing to help me save and wanted me to keep my SK discounted plan even if they knew I don't live in SK. But the system would not let them port in my non-sk number.

Seems Telus implemented something similar to Rogers and Fido where you can no longer port in non-SK numbers on SK plans. I wonder if doing it through self serve would go through if I wait 90 days. Telus is brutal since apparently they actually make you wait 90 days. I even changed the plan and number before the billing cycle and still had the 90 day error on their classic website. The new website plainly says it can't be done and I need to contact them

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitt View Post
    So after I managed to get a rep to setup my SK plan with SK number, it seems several said their system actually no longer allows them to port in a non SK number. I even had 2 reps that were extremely willing to help me save and wanted me to keep my SK discounted plan even if they knew I don't live in SK. But the system would not let them port in my non-sk number.

Seems Telus implemented something similar to Rogers and Fido where you can no longer port in non-SK numbers on SK plans. I wonder if doing it through self serve would go through if I wait 90 days. Telus is brutal since apparently they actually make you wait 90 days. I even changed the plan and number before the billing cycle and still had the 90 day error on their classic website. The new website plainly says it can't be done and I need to contact them
    This sucks :’(

Feedback Score
    So I have a grandfathered 6GB plan corporate plan with Bell in Ontario and I want to get the new Apple Watch with cellular. Bell requires a "compatible share plan" and unlimited National minutes since the device uses VoLTE. Bell says my plan is old and I need to change to something that'll cost about $60 more a month to get near the equivalent. It's clear that Bell is going to limit my ability to take advantage of things like Wifi Calling, VoLTE, and new devices like the Apple Watch with my current plan so I'm looking for a change

Relevance to this thread: SO...keeping in mind that the next provider to get the device will be Telus and will likely carry the same requirements (share plan/national minutes) I found this very useful thread and am considering making a switch using the process documented in this thread but have some questions...

Questions:

Much of the postings in this thread and challenges some folks have had with Telus "audits" appear to revolve around porting their out of province number to an SK plan but has anyone recently tried these steps with a QC account with out of province address? (why QC: Telus VoLTE is currently not supported in SK) Has anyone had any challenges recently?

What happens to my number if there is an audit and I lose the plan? Do I have an opportunity to switch it back to Bell and keep my current plan or does that mean I lose what i have today as well?

Say I'm able to switch myself and when my wife's contract was up wanted to add her line and increase the data share...will I be able to do that through Telus' website or do I have to call in to their CS taking a chance they'll revoke the out of province plan?

What degree of add-ons are available through Telus' self serve page? (sorry, I don't have visibility to this). I'm just trying to determine the likelihood that - when the Apple Watch is supported by Telus - that the smartwatch add on would be available through the web rather than having to call in.

Very much appreciate any insight you folks have

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    I might be missing something here-but having an SK plan won't prevent you from having VoLTE provisioned and working on your devices if you're in a compatible province. Also, almost certain that once you close your grandfathered account with Bell there won't be any going back (though I think there still are some QC plans that will give you the roughly same price and data for most of the big 3 and sub brands)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    I might be missing something here-but having an SK plan won't prevent you from having VoLTE provisioned and working on your devices if you're in a compatible province. Also, almost certain that once you close your grandfathered account with Bell there won't be any going back (though I think there still are some QC plans that will give you the roughly same price and data for most of the big 3 and sub brands)
    Thank you for replying. I wasn't sure if VoLTE was more about where you physically used the service or where the service was registered.

Still curious if anyone has tried these steps with QC and if there may be lower risk of audit/cancellation. They have a $60 nationwide 7GB plan for $60. I know it's not as good a value as Koodo but Telus currently supports VoLTE and has been listed to support the Apple Watch series 3 soon.

Also, is it traditionally best to flat out avoid ever calling in to customer service with this setup?

Thanks again

Feedback Score
    If anyone was able to port a number lately after getting a SK/MB/QC plan, please do share. Seems like the system locked it down and no rep can do it, even the willing ones. Similar to Fido/Rogers it seems.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitt View Post
    If anyone was able to port a number lately after getting a SK/MB/QC plan, please do share. Seems like the system locked it down and no rep can do it, even the willing ones. Similar to Fido/Rogers it seems.
    does it mean reps cannot port the number at beginning, or after you have other province number, you cannot port the number by yourself???

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37