Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: iPhone SE now at Cricket

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I wanted this phone badly, but I just can't go back to a 4" phone, I was amazed just how tiny it felt compared to a 5.5" or even a 5". I think many people that care about nothing but price and want an Apple, this is a phone for you.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app
    I disagree since my wife prefers the 4" iPhone. She upgraded from a 5s to the SE and will not consider a bigger phone. The 4" phone is a better size for my son since it fits into his smaller pockets.

The SE was released because people did like the 5" phones.

Feedback Score
    Was looking to upgrade my Mom for iPhone 6 as she is currently on a 4. Need to decide if 299 is worth it vs getting one for probably 200 used on the Bay. Does Cricket charge tax on the phone so it would really be 330? If so probably a lot to pay for "new" as this is a 6 and not 6s right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Was looking to upgrade my Mom for iPhone 6 as she is currently on a 4. Need to decide if 299 is worth it vs getting one for probably 200 used on the Bay. Does Cricket charge tax on the phone so it would really be 330? If so probably a lot to pay for "new" as this is a 6 and not 6s right?
    If you live in a state that charges sales tax then yes you will be charged tax on the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Can someone please tell me if they ordered this? I need to know the iOS version Cricket ships with
    I ordered one and it should be here Tuesday I will see what it has and let you know.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Can someone please tell me if they ordered this? I need to know the iOS version Cricket ships with
    I bought an iPhone 5S for my wife in late March -- came with 10.2.1 and upgraded to 10.3.1

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The WB View Post
    I bought an iPhone 5S for my wife in late March -- came with 10.2.1 and upgraded to 10.3.1
    I purchased a cricket 5s in december when on sale for $79. It shipped with iOS 10. I was very surprised it had the latest OS. Can't remember if the box was shrink wrapped. This led me to believe that apple or other factory is still producing the 5s. How else would it ship with iOS 10? Do you think cricket is updating iOS before shipping?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I just upgraded my 5s 16gb for a 6 16gb two weeks ago. Purchased the 6 on swappa for $210 shipped no tax in very nice condition. Unlocked verizon model. That was before cricket had the 6 32GB for $299 + tax. Kind of wish I had the 32GB but not sure worth the extra $115 but it would be new. Not really sure if an unlocked cricket iPhone 6 is white listed for verizon. Actually not sure the A1549 GSM model that cricket and GoPhone sells is capable of cdma for verizon. I wanted a universal phone that could be brought to verizon prepaid if needed. Really hoping cricket activates VoLTE and wifi calling for byod iPhone. The 5s is not VoLTE capable so I picked up the 6 for larger screen and VoLTE. It's Missing band 12 and 30 like the 5s. Band 12 is no big deal unless switching to t-mobile which I have no plans on doing. ATT is using band 30 in some service areas but probably not a big deal for me.

Really considering the SE for $199 but I prefer the larger 4.7" display. Not sure I can go back to 4" display.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    There are reports of best buy selling gophone SE for $199 + tax in the gophone forum. Don't have to buy service. That would work in att and att mvno without unlocking but might be harder to unlock than cricket. Some others report that gophone is being more strict with unlock when trying to unlock iPhones on att website as non customer. Probably easier to buy cricket SE and request unlock on unlimited plan or wait 6 months.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious what your reason for wanting to know the iOS version? Are you wanting an older version of iOS?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    I purchased a cricket 5s in december when on sale for $79. It shipped with iOS 10. I was very surprised it had the latest OS. Can't remember if the box was shrink wrapped. This led me to believe that apple or other factory is still producing the 5s. How else would it ship with iOS 10? Do you think cricket is updating iOS before shipping?
    There are some websites that will break down the Serial number on your iPhone, showing when it was manufactured. Trying that with the 5s I got from Cricket, it said mine was manufactured in December 2016/January 2017.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score

There are some websites that will break down the Serial number on your iPhone, showing when it was manufactured. Trying that with the 5s I got from Cricket, it said mine was manufactured in December 2016/January 2017.
    This is interesting. Apple must still be producing 5s and 6 for prepaid carriers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    This is interesting. Apple must still be producing 5s and 6 for prepaid carriers.
    My guess is that they've quit manufacturing the 5s now, as they are getting harder to find new. My guess is that they have switched those production lines to the SE now, which is why the SE is starting to be discounted by prepaid carriers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    My guess is that they've quit manufacturing the 5s now, as they are getting harder to find new. My guess is that they have switched those production lines to the SE now, which is why the SE is starting to be discounted by prepaid carriers.
    I was at Walmart last night and they were selling the gophone 5s for $139 on sale. It stated it came with service, so maybe it included the first month of service at that price. Not sure. I was in a hurry so did not investigate further. Maybe they are trying to clear them out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    I'm curious what your reason for wanting to know the iOS version? Are you wanting an older version of iOS?

I wanted 10.2.1. 10.3 has APFS and worried the new pending jailbreak won't be able to do that one

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Pangu posted an upcoming jailbreak for 10.3.1.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Seems like I can get the 6 for around 200 bucks on Ebay. Think I will do that rather than buy the 6 New for $330 after tax on Cricket.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast