Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

iPhone SE now at Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    She likes the smaller size

Hmmm...
    lol I'm just getting it
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Got mine today. Came with 10.3.1 and I was able to get it unlocked right after I activated it via chat. I am on the $60 plan FYI.

Feedback Score

iPhone SE now at Cricket

Cool I hope the new jailbreak goes to 10.3.1. Need TetherMe to hotspot from Cricket I ain't paying $10 month to hotspot data I'm already paying for

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just ordered the phone today. Test out Cricket coverage, and have a backup phone in case someone's phone breaks down.

The local kiosk in the mall cricket didn't have it. Told me it was online only offer. The only iPhones they had were the 7 and 7+.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried to see if there was a loophole. I put my verizon sim in first before starting my new SE first time. I saw 1x. Then LTE. So I thought it might be activating to the first SIM it saw. However, after asking for Wi-Fi, it tried to activate again and gave the error since it was a Cricket phone.

I signed up with the unlimited plan, so I'll give Cricket a call in the next few weeks to unlock it that way.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I tried to see if there was a loophole. I put my verizon sim in first before starting my new SE first time. I saw 1x. Then LTE. So I thought it might be activating to the first SIM it saw. However, after asking for Wi-Fi, it tried to activate again and gave the error since it was a Cricket phone.

I signed up with the unlimited plan, so I'll give Cricket a call in the next few weeks to unlock it that way.
    I tried that with an old Verizon SIM and the $199 GoPhone iPhone SE that Best Buy was selling last week...even though the packaging and such seemed like it was the "flex" activation (not familiar with the exact name, but where Best Buy will stock one phone and they become locked on the first carrier they're used on), it seems to have gotten locked either before I got it or when they scanned all the various bar codes during checkout. Either way, that particular phone was only going to be used on Cricket or AT&T, so it didn't matter as much. If you have the patience/time to order, Cricket is obviously the better option due to their lax unlock policies (I unlocked a few different devices via chat last night - 2 Lumia 650s and a HTC Desire 625).

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My primary phone is the 7+, currently unlocked. If I decide to port away from my existing Verizon postpaid plan, it is more likely to be to GoPhone due to some additional roaming. I wanted to get the SE to either use as a backup phone, or as a phone to give to my sister if her 5c breaks down. And the GoPhone SE has to be used on GoPhone for 6 months before it can be unlocked. And cricket can be done earlier if have the unlimited plan.

The 6 has a bigger screen. But is less powerful and doesn't have as many LTE bands.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    The 6 has a bigger screen. But is less powerful and doesn't have as many LTE bands.
    Amen to this - even though I don't want to get into the phone size argument, I went from a 6 to an SE for practically nothing and got Band 12, a better camera, and faster SoC (among other things). It amuses me that the SE is often much cheaper than the back-for-sale 6.

Feedback Score
    If you don't care about size the SE is definitely a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I tried that with an old Verizon SIM and the $199 GoPhone iPhone SE that Best Buy was selling last week...even though the packaging and such seemed like it was the "flex" activation (not familiar with the exact name, but where Best Buy will stock one phone and they become locked on the first carrier they're used on), it seems to have gotten locked either before I got it or when they scanned all the various bar codes during checkout. Either way, that particular phone was only going to be used on Cricket or AT&T, so it didn't matter as much. If you have the patience/time to order, Cricket is obviously the better option due to their lax unlock policies (I unlocked a few different devices via chat last night - 2 Lumia 650s and a HTC Desire 625).
    Actually, I prefer the GoPhone SE. In my case, I bought the GoPhone SE and got it unlocked by submitting the AT&T web unlock form as a non-customer. The GoPhone SIM has never been in the SE.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Actually, I prefer the GoPhone SE. In my case, I bought the GoPhone SE and got it unlocked by submitting the AT&T web unlock form as a non-customer. The GoPhone SIM has never been in the SE.
    You must've gotten lucky - I (along with a few others) weren't able to get that to work - and the GoPhone SIM is still in its little stick-on envelope they had at Best Buy. Congrats on the unlock though!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Cricket SE is now unlocked. I noticed yesterday that there was an unanswered call from an 855 number. I figured I missed my first robocall on the cricket number, but it was apparently Cricket calling. I tried the verizon SIM today. Had to reactivate, and eject/insert the SIM, then it worked with the verizon SIM.

I have the cricket SIM back in. I'm going to drop down to a cheaper, limited plan, now. And allow me to test the service during out of town this weekend.

Feedback Score
    My Cricket SE is now unlocked. I noticed yesterday that there was an unanswered call from an 855 number. I figured I missed my first robocall on the cricket number, but it was apparently Cricket calling. I tried the verizon SIM today. Had to reactivate, and eject/insert the SIM, then it worked with the verizon SIM.

I have the cricket SIM back in. I'm going to drop down to a cheaper, limited plan, now. And allow me to test the service during out of town this weekend.
    Cricket no longer has the SE on their website, but AT&T prepaid has it on Best Buy which I purchased. Do you think Cricket will be able to unlock this in the future or am I stuck with a locked phone forever? I am not an AT&T prepaid customer. I am planning on using this phone only with Cricket. But I would like to have the option of unlocking it in the future.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yup, is not available online or in the "Phone order form" for dealer. iPhone 6 is still on the order form for dealers.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There is not way Cricket will unlock a nom-Cricket phone. Period! So don't count on it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast