Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you heard anything about discontinuing triple minute plan on Tracfone?

Feedback Score

With the fierce competition of the prepaid phone business, I wonder if TF will be around in 5 years....

Feedback Score
    I bet they will . They've survived this long.

Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post

With the fierce competition of the prepaid phone business, I wonder if TF will be around in 5 years....

Feedback Score
    Tracfone is many times bigger than the rest of the (non-carrier owned) MVNO/prepaid market combined.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    What are the new style cards - and what new smartphone cards has TracFone introduced in retail outlets?
    The new style data card is the $10 1GB. Old style cards you sometimes still see in retail stores are the $10 300MB, $15 750MB, $30 2GB. I have seen smartphone only airtime cards in a few retail stores, but did not note which denomination...likely only the $15

Feedback Score
    So Tracfone sells text-only cards, data-only cards, and service-time-only cards. The only thing it doesn't sell is minutes-only cards.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    So Tracfone sells text-only cards, data-only cards, and service-time-only cards.
    Service-time-only is an add-on option. There is no card for it.

Device(s)
    Current:LG Fiesta , Previous:Lg L33L (Sunset), LG L41C (U2)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so today they have a new LG phone on HSN2 that comes with 1500 text,minute, data with 1 year service. No mention of TMFL.

Feedback Score
    All smartphones/BYOPs are TMFL and have been since the beginning. I doubt that is going to change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lorisay View Post
    Ok, so today they have a new LG phone on HSN2 that comes with 1500 text,minute, data with 1 year service. No mention of TMFL.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    All smartphones/BYOPs are TMFL and have been since the beginning. I doubt that is going to change anytime soon.
    Except all their recent moves seem to be distancing themselves from the Triple Triple, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that in the near future the latest Smart Phones will be limited to Smart Phone Only cards.

I don't see it, but the whole triple triple adds to complexity that many claim exists with understanding TF services and or explaining it to a potential customer.

Feedback Score
    What moves are you referring to

Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Except all their recent moves seem to be distancing themselves from the Triple Triple, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that in the near future the latest Smart Phones will be limited to Smart Phone Only cards.

Feedback Score
    There is a change noticed by Turk on the new LG Rebel 2 retail box that eliminates the mention of TMFL and has a sticker saying "This phone will only work with Smartphone plans".

Name:  TF sticker.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  11.3 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    What moves are you referring to
    IDK, maybe the move towards Smart Phone only cards and the fact that when you go online and choose Smart Phone the standard air time cards are not listed, you have to be logged in as a customer to see those. They completely separate the basic phone from Smart Phone.

Not to mention the fact the latest Bundle on HSN appears to be using the $125 Smart Phone only card?

On top of that it seems triple unit basic phones are far and few between, which kind of puts the whole 3x units into question.

Feedback Score
    Okay, thanks, I see what you guys are referring to now. As long as the basic pricing doesn't change, it's okay with me. I guess time will tell more.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    There is a change noticed by Turk on the new LG Rebel 2 retail box that eliminates the mention of TMFL and has a sticker saying "This phone will only work with Smartphone plans".

Name:  TF sticker.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  11.3 KB
    Yikes, the future is already here?

The lack of 90 days is what concerns me the most and not the air time. TF pushing us to 30/60 day only card is increasing the cost and I am not all that enthusiastic about that increase.
    The lost 1 Million + last quarter and this is not not going to build customer loyalty to say the least.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Just for kicks I looked at Tracfone.com shopping for phones. I only saw 1 that mentioned TMFL. Samsung Galaxy Stardust Android™ Features: Includes Triple Minutes for Life FREE! (3x Talk Time, 3x Texts & 3x Data) There were a few double minutes and the rest made no mention of double or triple minutes.

Also the footnote on every page:

Double and Triple Minutes for Life of Phone: Some TRACFONE phones and Airtime Cards include a Double or Triple Minutes for Life feature. The double or triple minutes feature applies to the life of a single TRACFONE phone. The double or triple minutes feature is not transferable to another TRACFONE even if Your phone is damaged, lost or stolen. Any minutes included in a Double or Triple Minute phone, will not double or triple. .................more.........

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast