Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you heard anything about discontinuing triple minute plan on Tracfone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    It depends on how you read the statement from AlexTrac "This applies only to the new Smartphones and Bring Your Own Phone devices". It could mean it applies to "new Smartphones" and "BYOP devices" (new and old).
    As one of those who AlexTrac replied to over on Turk, you might ask him to clarify. Funny he is openly posting there, but seems to only send PMs here.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't remember if there was any advertising that BYOP devices get TMFL.
    It states
    90 Day No Contract
    Nationwide Plans
    3x > Talk + Text + Data
    As Low As $19.99

on the front of my 2 carrier BYOP SIM Card KIT.

Time to hoard some BYOP Kits?

They will probably just go by activation date, but how would they differentiate an older device?
    Even if your current device is grandfathered in, if you ever do the HSN/QVC-Bundle double transfer you will lose your place. Except. maybe, with a CDMA SIM?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    As one of those who AlexTrac replied to over on Turk, you might ask him to clarify.
    I've asked him for a clarification. We'll see what he says.

Device(s)
    TF ZTE Max Duo
    Carrier(s)
    TF Verizon LTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Time to hoard some BYOP Kits
    And do sim swaps to get the triple?

Feedback Score
    Why would a CDMA SIM be different? With the bundles, my understanding is you must activate the bundle phone/SIM pair.

It states
    90 Day No Contract
    Nationwide Plans
    3x > Talk + Text + Data
    As Low As $19.99

They will probably just go by activation date, but how would they differentiate an older device?
    Even if your current device is grandfathered in, if you ever do the HSN/QVC-Bundle double transfer you will lose your place. Except. maybe, with a CDMA SIM?

Feedback Score
    I've asked him for a clarification. We'll see what he says.
    Saw your post on Turk and there were related posts. Hope AlexTrac doesn't clam up with this big issue that affects a lot of users!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Well if it is your plan to regularly transfer service to bundled devices and then transfer back to a BYOP, then maybe that would be a good idea. Unfortunately we do not know how they are going to apply these changes and whether or not an older SIM KIT will be honored so it is all up in the air at this point.

Personally I do not see the basic paygo cards all that competitive with the Smartphone only cards as far as units allotted, but losing a potential 30 - 60 days of service is the biggest draw back and increases the over all cost to the subscriber over time.
    So it seems they are pushing more subscribers into purchasing airtime and a years service ad-on and IMO limits the flexibility we once had in managing our accounts.

As of right now you can purchase a $20 Paygo Card tripled and while the $20 Smartphone card carries much more in the way of units, the paygo card gives you 90 days of service compared to only 30 for the smartphone card, meaning you will most likely have to come back to trough more often and that goes with most of the smartphone cards since none offer 90 days.

Feedback Score
    For you guys that don't monitor Turk Forum, the thread related to this issue:
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/8048927/5/

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    Can anyone confirm that use of a paygo card on a smartphone is no longer tripling?
    Just the opposite. I just added a 90 day / 60 minute card to my son's Phoenix 2 and it got 90 days / 180 minutes/text/data. That was a BYOP GoPhone.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    For you guys that don't monitor Turk Forum, the thread related to this issue:
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/8048927/5/
    THANKS, that saved a lot of searching.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Would think that SIM swaps would go by the rules that apply to the donor phone. If the SIM is from one of the latest TF branded phones or a recent BYOP it could be assumed the new card rules would apply. To early to tell.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    It states
    90 Day No Contract
    Nationwide Plans
    3x > Talk + Text + Data
    As Low As $19.99

Mine say the same. The FD SIM kits that I have even say that you get 90 day plan with 180/180/180 and on the back it shows the triple-triple for the 120, 200 and 450 minute cards.

Seems to me that any of those that are activated and used have to be honored.

I agree that it seems if you transfer to a HSN bundle that doesn't include TMFL then only smartphone cards would be able to be used. That seems reasonable. But what if you switch back to a BYOP?

Now they need to just eliminate the sale of standard PAYG airtime cards going forward and come out with basic phone cards and smartphone cards, but still honor the cards that are out there for basic phones or smartphones.

Seems like they've dug themselves a hole with the introduction years ago of DMFL and then TMFL instead of just increasing allotments on all phones and cards and keeping things simple. And now they're trying to find a way to dig themselves out and they're going to end up shooting themselves in the foot and increase customer churn.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if these always showed this, but the Tracfone listing on eBay for the 60 minute card shows TracFone 60 Minute Plan - 90 Days/60 Minutes/60 Text/60MB Data and not 180 Minutes / 180 Text / 180 MB Data.

So if that's the case, they've just had an unprecedented tripling of price or at least a significant slash in service benefits.

Device(s)
    LG Dare (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I posted this on another thread about HSN's latest phone offering but I'll repeat a short of it here....

Some people are saying Tracfone reps are saying the BYOP phones WILL lose the triple benefits, but an hour ago I live chatted with one who via their typing style *seemed* to know their stuff, anyway. They basically told me that the new Tracfone phones will NOT have the triple minutes program, but, he said yes, the BYOP system WILL keep it and they had no plans to change that to his knowledge.

I even followed that up with a statement to be clear to him... "So if I get an unlocked phone tomorrow or next month, with a Trac sim kit and buy a 60 minute card with it, you're saying in that case I WILL get 180 minutes / 180 texts /180 megs of data from that 60 minute card, right?", and he said YES.

But until people start doing it I guess we won't know. I guess it won't matter much in my case... I already have an activated sim on a Moto X I've been using over a year. Even if I updated to a new unlocked phone and put the sim in, it's still the same sim and I should be grandfathered in and still keep getting the triple deals anyway.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    I don't know if these always showed this, but the Tracfone listing on eBay for the 60 minute card shows TracFone 60 Minute Plan - 90 Days/60 Minutes/60 Text/60MB Data and not 180 Minutes / 180 Text / 180 MB Data.
    Here's a picture of a 60-minute card that I took on October 2016. The verbage on the card image is the same as the one currently on Ebay, but the fine prints say 180/180/180.

Name:  Tracfone-60-minute-card-Ebay-selling.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  100.7 KB

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast