Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Thread: Have you heard anything about discontinuing triple minute plan on Tracfone?

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Weird. Did they comment that one of those didn't match?
    Only the very last CSR asked for that info, so I kept asking him what the problem was, but he never did say, and wasn't bothered when I read them off the phone (which should have matched my account info since I registered it). He didn't say like "ah ha" or anything. The only other thing he asked was, if I had service issues and I said no, I can use the phone fine.
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracbourne View Post
    The missing minutes, was that the most recent? (it would fit in-line with a possible just starting to surface issue(s)?)
    No, it wasn't. Definitely not.

I activated a BYOP Verizon SIM in May after I read that TF was eliminating TMFL and any phones activated after April wouldn't get TMFL. This was a quote from the TFAlex id on Turk forum and turned out to be a bald faced lie. That's why I get annoyed when people speculate - report on your experience, that's fine, but don't jump to conclusions that just leads to misinformation.

I added a PIN to that phone in August and didn't get the minutes. After I got that straightened out and got my minutes, I added 5 more PINs online with no issues in late August, early September. And on other lines, I've added PINs with no issues and those were added after the one time issue I had.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    No, it wasn't. Definitely not.

I activated a BYOP Verizon SIM in May after I read that TF was eliminating TMFL and any phones activated after April wouldn't get TMFL. This was a quote from the TFAlex id on Turk forum and turned out to be a bald faced lie. That's why I get annoyed when people speculate - report on your experience, that's fine, but don't jump to conclusions that just leads to misinformation.

I added a PIN to that phone in August and didn't get the minutes. After I got that straightened out and got my minutes, I added 5 more PINs online with no issues in late August, early September. And on other lines, I've added PINs with no issues and those were added after the one time issue I had.
    So the 2 similarities I glean are 1)missing airtime added after August 2017 2) on BYOP-Vz SIM phone
    You call it "got straightened out", did you have to verify IMEI/SIM #, about how long did it take if you recall?

If so, I'm leaning towards my theory (based on Tf's newest SOP wave of devices/products/services) of a "flag" (automatic) being put on BYOP 3x SIM phones (which seem to be mostly Vzw network).

Which would fit Tracfone's fairly long history of "pushing" their "greatest service yet"... before training CSR's or notifying customers (which they "waive" their right to do, but that's another discussion)

Thanks for clarifying your experience, I'm extremely curious now if we'll see more of this in the future!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So the 2 similarities I glean are 1)missing airtime added after August 2017 2) on BYOP-Vz SIM phone
    You call it "got straightened out", did you have to verify IMEI/SIM #, about how long did it take if you recall?

If so, I'm leaning towards my theory (based on Tf's newest SOP wave of devices/products/services) of a "flag" (automatic) being put on BYOP 3x SIM phones (which seem to be mostly Vzw network).

Which would fit Tracfone's fairly long history of "pushing" their "greatest service yet"... before training CSR's or notifying customers (which they "waive" their right to do, but that's another discussion)

Thanks for clarifying your experience, I'm extremely curious now if we'll see more of this in the future!
    I documented the experience here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post16895694

No, they didn't ask me for the IMEI or SIM #.

Feedback Score
    I added multiple PINs to a BYOP CDMA SIM and a TracFone branded GSM smartphone today using the website. My results say bunk on "IMEI registered with CDMA SIM must match phone IMEI" theory.

I did notice that once I checked the balance using fastactportal, subsequent balances check would not show me updated bucket values which included airtime refills I was adding until about around 15 minutes since the previous time I did a fastactportal balance check - only the service end date would update. Once I realized this, I added multiple PINs in a row and didn't bother to check the balances until about 15 minutes later - and by that time the buckets and service end date correctly reflected the all the PINs I had added. Promo codes were successfully used with all refills
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I added multiple PINs to a BYOP CDMA SIM and a TracFone branded GSM smartphone today using the website. My results say bunk on "IMEI registered with CDMA SIM must match phone IMEI" theory.

I did notice that once I checked the balance using fastactportal, subsequent balances check would not show me updated bucket values which included airtime refills I was adding until about around 15 minutes since the previous time I did a fastactportal balance check - only the service end date would update. Once I realized this, I added multiple PINs in a row and didn't bother to check the balances until about 15 minutes later - and by that time the buckets and service end date correctly reflected the all the PINs I had added. Promo codes were successfully used with all refills
    What kind of PINs were they and what promo code did you use?

Feedback Score
    I used 60 minutes/90 days basic refill retail cards and used promo codes from Turk Forum for 60 extra talk minutes.

What kind of PINs were they and what promo code did you use?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I used 60 minutes/90 days basic refill retail cards and used promo codes from Turk Forum for 60 extra talk minutes.
    Were these from the FD deal?

Feedback Score
    Yes ... .

Were these from the FD deal?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes ... .
    You're worried they're going to expire?

Feedback Score
    Wondering if they will - what do you think about expiration?

You're worried they're going to expire?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wondering if they will - what do you think about expiration?
    I'll hopefully find out tomorrow. I'm hoping and thinking they will not.

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping they won't expire either. Will be looking for your test results. .

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Is it time yet? Name:  ask.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  6.4 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is it time yet? Name:  ask.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  6.4 KB