Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you heard anything about discontinuing triple minute plan on Tracfone?

Device(s)
    Current:LG Fiesta , Previous:Lg L33L (Sunset), LG L41C (U2)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Have you heard anything about discontinuing triple minute plan on Tracfone?

I was checking HSN2 for TracFone deals and they were presenting a new ZTE phone for $79.95. During the presentation the hostess starts talking about the TMFL ending soon.
    If you watch the video marked as "Live Presentation" at about the 3 minute mark she talks about it.
    https://www.hsn.com/products/zte-zfi...tsdata/8313522

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    She probably refers to the fact that smartphone-only cards are not tripled.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if TF is going to bundle these deals with SmartPhone cards giving the appearance that triple minutes are going away? I don't see HSN selling any "basic" phones and TF themselves do not seem to offer many, if any, triple minute "basic" phones so.......?

I don't think anyone would argue against a phone bundled with a 1500/1500/1.5/365 card.

It has been a feeling of mine for sometime now that the standard air time cards will no longer be available for Smartphones and the triple triple will go the way of the Dodo.
    I am concerned about the lack of 90 days of service going away though, not all that thrilled that the majority of Smartphone only cards are only 30/60 days.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    It would indeed be less confusing to remove the veil by selling cards / MTD at face value across the board.

Wouldn't it be cool if minutes were sold separately. Assuming the minutes were reasonably priced.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7 mini
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I just went on to buy 1 GB of data for $10 and got a promo code popup for free 100 MB with a $25 Smartphone only card. Never saw a promo code for a smarthphone before. So I would say this is another clue to the beginning of the end of TMFL.

Feedback Score

In view of the continuous loss of membership, it may not be a very wise idea...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Other than the 90 days of service that accompanies a standard air time card I don't see where the std cards are all that competitive with a Smartphone Only card?

Feedback Score
    The smart phone only plans are such a good deal now and very affordable. The only problem is that currently TF is marketing the $15 card in select Walmart stores and the 1000 Text / 1GB card in the other Walmart stores. If these were made available in many more stores, I would really like this as stores such as 7-11 and other grocery stores only carry those cards.

I would like to eventually see a $9.99 card being introduced which provides an ample amount of talk and text but no data if you already have a lot.

Just my bucket wishes that's all. Now if only something can be done about that website design

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Sales tactic. She's trying to create a sense of urgency. "We heard..."

Maybe they are moving to a quadruple for life? I heard...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear916 View Post
    The smart phone only plans are such a good deal now and very affordable. The only problem is that currently TF is marketing the $15 card in select Walmart stores and the 1000 Text / 1GB card in the other Walmart stores. If these were made available in many more stores, I would really like this as stores such as 7-11 and other grocery stores only carry those cards.

I would like to eventually see a $9.99 card being introduced which provides an ample amount of talk and text but no data if you already have a lot.

Just my bucket wishes that's all. Now if only something can be done about that website design
    Just buy online or on your phone. I haven't bought a physical card in a while. I also haven't had to buy minutes except for when TF zeroed out my balance and didn't put it all back.

My fear is the 365day add-on card going away. I've been getting the $10 30min card + $50 365day card, then adding the 1GB data card as needed. After taxes, it comes out to $65 for 13 months.

I like that because I constantly have to answer "Why do you have 3 phones? Doesn't it cost a fortune?" And I get to say, "No, it's just $5 a month plus 1¢ per megabyte." Then I get to see them do the calculations and realize that their one phone is costing more than my 3 phones --- even if they don't get to the part where I'm not using 3 times the data because I'm not using the phones simultaneously.

Feedback Score
    I read in this forum that the $50/365 day add-on no longer pops up when buying the $5/1000 text. What is the cheapest way to get the $50/365 day add-on to pop up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    I read in this forum that the $50/365 day add-on no longer pops up when buying the $5/1000 text. What is the cheapest way to get the $50/365 day add-on to pop up?
    As noted in the rchang post above, the $9.99 for 30 minutes, 30 days is the cheapest.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LGester View Post
    Sales tactic. She's trying to create a sense of urgency. "We heard..."

Maybe they are moving to a quadruple for life? I heard...
    I would say that is a pretty bold statement to make just to urge people to buy and borderline fraudulent. I do not watch HSN, but it does not seem they have pull any tactic like that before?
    I doubt TF would approve of such misleading statements if there were not some truth to them.

I agree and my wish would be a Minute card only card with 60-90 Days of service similarly priced, preferrably 90. Would like to see the $20 smartphone card given at least 60 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    There is a work around when you go to check out remove the airtime card from the cart, at least this had been working.

Feedback Score
    Yes, retail store availability of the new style cards is a problem. Lots of stores still sell the old higher priced data cards, and very few smartphone airtime cards. Wonder how many people buy cards at retail stores anymore? Also, most of the online sellers still don't have smartphone cards.

Feedback Score
    I thought it's possible to purchase the $50 365 day add on without anything else. Why would anyone think the 365 day only add on would be going away?

What are the new style cards - and what new smartphone cards has TracFone introduced in retail outlets?
    Last edited by josephf; 05-08-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast