Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: voLTE is LIVE!!!

Feedback Score

voLTE is LIVE!!!

Name:  iPhone_voLTE.PNG
Views: 3289
Size:  147.8 KB

I just noticed this morning that voLTE is working on my iPhone 7+!!!!!
    I just opened a new cricket account yesterday and ported my number over from T-Mobile. Yesterday when I made or received calls it was dropping to 4G to do so.
    This morning, I rebooted my phone and a little while ago I got a call and noticed that it stayed on LTE for the entire call (about 5 minutes).
    So then I tried placing a call to my page plus extra line and the call on my cricket phone stayed on LTE during that call also.
    Just for those that are interested, the iPhone 7+ is the Qualcomm version that I bought SIM free directly from Apple.
    I have the latest carrier update (28.3).
    Also, I have the new white SIM card that was bought from Best Buy a few days ago. The SIM card from Best Buy would not activate service doing it online, I had to call in to activation's to activate the new service.
    So if you have an iPhone, the new white SIM and the latest carrier update, try rebooting the phone and test if you are also getting voLTE!!!
    Last edited by new-toy; 05-07-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Feedback Score
    I've seen so many threads about VoLTE. What is the big benefit to me? That it stays on LTE while I'm on the phone so if for some reason I was also trying to surf internet during that time, it would be faster?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I've seen so many threads about VoLTE. What is the big benefit to me? That it stays on LTE while I'm on the phone so if for some reason I was also trying to surf internet during that time, it would be faster?
    Right. And calls made over LTE are HD and sound much clearer, especially to other phones that are also on voLTE. Another plus is that Verizon and AT&T are adding small cells and equipment to some of their cell towers that are LTE only so calls can be made in any area that has LTE.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Well where I live HSPA is on band 2 and LTE is on band 12 so I often have better LTE signal than HSPA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

No go for me ☹️
    Unlocked iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Tried restarting too

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post

No go for me ☹️
    Unlocked iPhone 7 Qualcomm
    Tried restarting too
    Are you on the ATT server or have a new white sim? If you are still on the Jasper or XO servers, maybe that is a factor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoo323 View Post
    Are you on the ATT server or have a new white sim? If you are still on the Jasper or XO servers, maybe that is a factor?
    AT&T server but the old SIM, that could be it. I'm hoping I get it soon. Wifi calling would be even more useful for me, there are a lot of areas where I get no cell service but wifi (like at my work, which is a daily issue)

Feedback Score
    I heard in the beginning you had to call or text cricket support to have HD voice added to your account, maybe that's still the case?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    I heard in the beginning you had to call or text cricket support to have HD voice added to your account, maybe that's still the case?
    I didn't call cricket to have HD voice added to my account. In my first post, I said I could not activate a new line with the new white SIM card over the internet. I had to call cricket's activation dept and open the new account and port my number over the phone. It was a pain because the agent was off shore and I couldn't understand him well and he couldn't understand me well either. But we got through it and I am very happy to now have voLTE.

Feedback Score

voLTE is LIVE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    I didn't call cricket to have HD voice added to my account. In my first post, I said I could not activate a new line with the new white SIM card over the internet. I had to call cricket's activation dept and open the new account and port my number over the phone. It was a pain because the agent was off shore and I couldn't understand him well and he couldn't understand me well either. But we got through it and I am very happy to now have voLTE.
    I just got it working on my phone! I turned of stream more and it started working for some reason. Maybe a coincidence? Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1494189341.146260.jpg
Views: 2830
Size:  21.9 KB

Feedback Score
    I just got it working on my phone! I turned of stream more and it started working for some reason. Maybe a coincidence? Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1494189341.146260.jpg
    Do you have a white SIM card?

Feedback Score
    Well, I just turned off Stream More and turned it back on and now it works for me! Thanks for the tip!!

(LTE works during the call, for whatever reason whenever I screenshot during a call it ends it)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Name:  iPhone_voLTE.PNG
Views: 3289
Size:  147.8 KB

I just noticed this morning that voLTE is working on my iPhone 7+!!!!!
    I just opened a new cricket account yesterday and ported my number over from T-Mobile. Yesterday when I made or received calls it was dropping to 4G to do so.
    This morning, I rebooted my phone and a little while ago I got a call and noticed that it stayed on LTE for the entire call (about 5 minutes).
    So then I tried placing a call to my page plus extra line and the call on my cricket phone stayed on LTE during that call also.
    Just for those that are interested, the iPhone 7+ is the Qualcomm version that I bought SIM free directly from Apple.
    I have the latest carrier update (28.3).
    Also, I have the new white SIM card that was bought from Best Buy a few days ago. The SIM card from Best Buy would not activate service doing it online, I had to call in to activation's to activate the new service.
    So if you have an iPhone, the new white SIM and the latest carrier update, try rebooting the phone and test if you are also getting voLTE!!!
    What area of the country are you in?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE doesn't seem to work for me yet. I got the carrier update, old sim, iPhone 6S AT&T version. All calls, after a few seconds go to 4G.
    Click the following link to learn how to get $25 just for activating cricket service.http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...new-customers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fflip8 View Post
    VoLTE doesn't seem to work for me yet. I got the carrier update, old sim, iPhone 6S AT&T version. All calls, after a few seconds go to 4G.
    I have the exact same phone and VoLTE is working here.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast