Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: voLTE is LIVE!!!

Device(s)
    Iphone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    $20 Alcatel Ideal At&t Gophone has volte believe it or not. I use one as a secondary phone and has it.

Sent from my LG-M257 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by flrjr42501; 06-19-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: More details

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I want to test out Cricket Wireless VoLTE and it is an inexpensive spare phone.

Quote Originally Posted by flrjr42501 View Post
    $20 Alcatel Ideal At&t Gophone has volte believe it or not. I use one as a secondary phone and has it.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    Thanks. I want to test out Cricket Wireless VoLTE and it is an inexpensive spare phone.
    You're welcome!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flrjr42501 View Post

Does it actually stay on LTE when you're in a call or is it just the toggle that shows up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    Does it actually stay on LTE when you're in a call or is it just the toggle that shows up?
    This I'm not sure I tried VoLTE on GoPhone with my SE but it didn't stay on LTE not sure if because of the plan I had (unlimited talk and text only no data) so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Maybe someone else can chime in and share

Device(s)
    Iphone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    Stays on Lte

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    spoke to support today and they said my Note 4 is not on their list of supported VOLTE phones yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    " The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" > Aldo Gucci

Feedback Score

VoLTE

I am wondering if Unlocked galaxy s8 phones USA model works with cricket hd voice? or any tmobile HD voice capable? I just recently receive stream more options and I am getting my s8 unlocked soon I hope it will work. Cricket say they are still working on all BYOD devices to work with their HD voice and for Wifi-calling they are currently being tested on their network as well. They say they will launch Wifi-calling by end of 2017. If VoLTE works on your device as soon as cricket activate wifi calling it will work right away.

Just to clarify things about why iPhone supports HD voice no matter who your carrier is. Apple Hd voice or VoLTE is built in to their firmware on any models base on what carriers they are on so at&T, tmobile, verizon all their VoLTE standards are all built in to all iphone models even old ones as long as they have VoLTE.

For Android is very different, Android has it's own VoLTE standards from android 5.0 lollipop or above VoLTE and wifi calling are built in to their system but every carriers has their own HD voice standards base on what type of format they are using so android can not control to put that on every single models they have they let those settings handled by the manufacturer of the phone. So meaning LG and Samsung etc, has to put those VoLTE standards on their own base on what carriers they want to sell.

So carriers can easily activate their VoLTE on every iphone because it has all the standards in it so no need to "white listed" and plus iPhone do not have a lot of different model but for android they have to certify every model if they really are capable and using the carrier's standard VoLTE because andorid phones has a million different model and firmware even though one same phone I hope I make any sense here. it does not have to do with carriers being bias or what not it just that every carriers want to make sure your VoLTE will work on their network.

FOr HD voice quality, Cricket say that if congestion occurs your HD voice will drop the quality until congestion is less. HD voice uses a decent amount of data so if hundred of people calling on same tower your HD voice will be reduce even lesser than AT&T customers. AT&T customer is the top priority. But keep this in mind that HD voice can drain your battery a lot faster than regular call

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    I am wondering if Unlocked galaxy s8 phones USA model works with cricket hd voice? or any tmobile HD voice capable? I just recently receive stream more options and I am getting my s8 unlocked soon I hope it will work. Cricket say they are still working on all BYOD devices to work with their HD voice and for Wifi-calling they are currently being tested on their network as well. They say they will launch Wifi-calling by end of 2017. If VoLTE works on your device as soon as cricket activate wifi calling it will work right away.

Just to clarify things about why iPhone supports HD voice no matter who your carrier is. Apple Hd voice or VoLTE is built in to their firmware on any models base on what carriers they are on so at&T, tmobile, verizon all their VoLTE standards are all built in to all iphone models even old ones as long as they have VoLTE.

For Android is very different, Android has it's own VoLTE standards from android 5.0 lollipop or above VoLTE and wifi calling are built in to their system but every carriers has their own HD voice standards base on what type of format they are using so android can not control to put that on every single models they have they let those settings handled by the manufacturer of the phone. So meaning LG and Samsung etc, has to put those VoLTE standards on their own base on what carriers they want to sell.

So carriers can easily activate their VoLTE on every iphone because it has all the standards in it so no need to "white listed" and plus iPhone do not have a lot of different model but for android they have to certify every model if they really are capable and using the carrier's standard VoLTE because andorid phones has a million different model and firmware even though one same phone I hope I make any sense here. it does not have to do with carriers being bias or what not it just that every carriers want to make sure your VoLTE will work on their network.

FOr HD voice quality, Cricket say that if congestion occurs your HD voice will drop the quality until congestion is less. HD voice uses a decent amount of data so if hundred of people calling on same tower your HD voice will be reduce even lesser than AT&T customers. AT&T customer is the top priority. But keep this in mind that HD voice can drain your battery a lot faster than regular call
    Volte does not work on unlocked sm-950u1 s8. But if you look at XDA development site, you can flash it to cricket wireless version. Then volte is working fine. However Wi-Fi hot spot works on Unlocked version, without add on. So one or the other.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bricky23 View Post
    Volte does not work on unlocked sm-950u1 s8. But if you look at XDA development site, you can flash it to cricket wireless version. Then volte is working fine. However Wi-Fi hot spot works on Unlocked version, without add on. So one or the other.

Did you do all the methods from other users to toggle on and off the "stream more?" are you also using new sim card?... I am using the white sim card I switched to cricket on the day they launch HD voice on March 9th. I will be getting my s8 sm955u1 this tuesday 6/27 and see if this will work on me I am hoping it would!..

I think VoLTE is activated through AT&T system not through cricket because it uses AT&T server now not cricket anymore, before cricket has their own switch the aio wireless thing.

Feedback Score
    Did you do all the methods from other users to toggle on and off the "stream more?" are you also using new sim card?... I am using the white sim card I switched to cricket on the day they launch HD voice on March 9th. I will be getting my s8 sm955u1 this tuesday 6/27 and see if this will work on me I am hoping it would!..

I think VoLTE is activated through AT&T system not through cricket because it uses AT&T server now not cricket anymore, before cricket has their own switch the aio wireless thing.
    Yes I did. Had volte working with other phones 1st.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bricky23 View Post
    Yes I did. Had volte working with other phones 1st.

Which phone did it work is it android tmobile phones? I'll try my best to work on s8 plus without root. you need to switch sim few times for the firmware to kicks in.. Is S8 unlocked works with AT&T volte and wifi-calling?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have s8+ unlocked us edition and volte does not work .. I did the stream more toggle and I am on the new server

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    I have s8+ unlocked us edition and volte does not work .. I did the stream more toggle and I am on the new server

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Try to put Tmobile simcard or any other sim card and turn the phone on then turn it off and put cricket sim card so the server will refresh and see if volte works what it does is that the phone will scan the sim card on what the network is capable of like volte and such then the phone will activate itself... have you tried S8+ unlocked to work with AT&T HD voice?

Lists to activate HD voice according to iphone users:

1.) New white sim card
    2.) Stream more toggle
    3.) AT&T Mobility server

Cricket say BYOD should work by end of this year but I can see some other user says Axon 7 works so it is working but have to do some adjustments

Feedback Score
    Try to put Tmobile simcard or any other sim card and turn the phone on then turn it off and put cricket sim card so the server will refresh and see if volte works what it does is that the phone will scan the sim card on what the network is capable of like volte and such then the phone will activate itself... have you tried S8+ unlocked to work with AT&T HD voice?

Lists to activate HD voice according to iphone users:

1.) New white sim card
    2.) Stream more toggle
    3.) AT&T Mobility server

Cricket say BYOD should work by end of this year but I can see some other user says Axon 7 works so it is working but have to do some adjustments
    I activated Cricket service last week using "old green" SIMs and they immediately had VoLTE.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8#post16868148

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast