Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Switching verizon sim between devices

Feedback Score

Switching verizon sim between devices

If I activate device A with a verizon MVNO and switch the sim to another device B - can I use device A with sprint or do I need to leave it alone if I want to continue to use the sim in device B?

What about activating A again on a new account with another verizon sim? Will the first verizon sim in B still work after that?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jb82 View Post
    If I activate device A with a verizon MVNO and switch the sim to another device B - can I use device A with sprint or do I need to leave it alone if I want to continue to use the sim in device B?

What about activating A again on a new account with another verizon sim? Will the first verizon sim in B still work after that?

Thanks!
    With CDMA no it will not. I'm assuming your talking about an iPhone? Or google device? As there's only a few phones that will work on both Sprint and Verizon.

You might can have the same phone on both Sprint and Verizon provided it's one of the few phones that can do that.

But you can't have a Verizon or sprint phone active on 2 accounts at the same time.
    Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

I am no longer a Primary Uscc User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.net

Feedback Score
    If you activate a Verizon MVNO on Device A and then remove that SIM from Device A and move it to Device B, you can put another active SIM in Device A and successfully use the second SIM on A. You can then still continue using the original SIM from the Verizon MVNO on B.

Feedback Score
    Basically all I want to know is whether phone A can be used for anything if I move the sim to phone B. B is my new phone. The MVNO (speedtalk) cannot swap devices without starting the account again and wiping my balance and plan which is not desirable. I know I can use A for gsm at least. But I guess that it can't be activated on sprint or another verizon account if I understood hyeleton correctly. I guess as well selling it will be out of the question if I want to keep using the active sim in phone B.

Yes both these devices can use both cdma sprint/verizon and gsm.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X- Moto X PE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Tello, Lycamobile, Freedom Pop
    Feedback Score
    Basically all I want to know is whether phone A can be used for anything if I move the sim to phone B. B is my new phone. The MVNO (speedtalk) cannot swap devices without starting the account again and wiping my balance and plan which is not desirable. I know I can use A for gsm at least. But I guess that it can't be activated on sprint or another verizon account if I understood hyeleton correctly. I guess as well selling it will be out of the question if I want to keep using the active sim in phone B.

Yes both these devices can use both cdma sprint/verizon and gsm.
    Is it some sort of secret where you can not tell us exactly which devices you are using?

If you activate a VZW MVNO SIM in device A and hot swap it to device B then then theoretically you can activate device A on Sprint , AT&T or T-Mobile. You will not be able to activate another VZW SIM on device A.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Is it some sort of secret where you can not tell us exactly which devices you are using?

If you activate a VZW MVNO SIM in device A and hot swap it to device B then then theoretically you can activate device A on Sprint , AT&T or T-Mobile. You will not be able to activate another VZW SIM on device A.
    It makes no difference to the answer. They are both android devices.
    Thanks for the reply.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes it does... when it comes to CDMA providers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Yes it does... when it comes to CDMA providers.
    Only as far as whether the device will activate on a given network or not.

Assuming the poster knows the device capabilities, then it's not germain to the question at hand.

Sprint and it's MVNOs don't check with Verizon to see if an IMEI is active. Nor does Verizon or it's MVNOs do the reverse.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Only as far as whether the device will activate on a given network or not.

Assuming the poster knows the device capabilities, then it's not germain to the question at hand.

Sprint and it's MVNOs don't check with Verizon to see if an IMEI is active. Nor does Verizon or it's MVNOs do the reverse.
    Sprint does. If a device is active with say the Ting, Tello won't accept the device until it's been "deactivated". Same I would assume go with Verizon due to the way CDMA in itself works. I know LTE made things a lot more simple with them, but with Sprint it's still a issue at least.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Sprint does. If a device is active with say the Ting, Tello won't accept the device until it's been "deactivated".
    Ting and Tello are not Verizon nor Verizon MVNOs. Reread what I wrote.

No you can't be active on multiple MVNOs using the same underlying carrier. But they don't check other carriers (Sprint doesn't​ check Verizon, Verizon doesn't check Sprint)

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X- Moto X PE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Tello, Lycamobile, Freedom Pop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply.
    So it is some big secret, that is all I wanted to know.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    So the same device can be simultaneously active on both Verizon and Sprint?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Switching verizon sim between devices

Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    So the same device can be simultaneously active on both Verizon and Sprint?
    No because unless it's an certain few iPhones the phone won't be compatible with both networks. ONLY Sprint devices will work on sprint. (Technically it can) but Sprints not going to allow it. Maybe LTE/data ONLY. And same goes to a certain extent with Verizon.

Feedback Score
    What would happen if you activate the same device with both Verizon and Sprint?

(Regarding Moto G4, certain iPhones or other phones that support both Verizon and Sprint.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    So it is some big secret, that is all I wanted to know.

Good luck.
    I'm not telling you the color of my shirt either no matter how much you push.

It does not matter. What carrier it can be used on is not the question. I've stated they can be used on any. There are about 10 phones that it could be - just pick any two if it matters to you. Moto g5 plus and a nexus 6p. There you go. Makes no difference.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast