Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Voicemail notification for answered calls

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, T-Mobile via Lycamobile, Verizon via RedPocket, Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score

Voicemail notification for answered calls

As posted on the GV help forum.

Here is a fresh, new hell from Google Voice. Every time I answer my phone - its always via Google Voice, even I don't know my actual carrier numbers - I will get a voicemail notification. Someone from 123-456-7890 calls me, I answer the call, and while in the call I will get a notification of a voicemail from 123-456-7890. Started about two weeks ago, doesn't matter which of the forwarding phones I answer on, I'll get the notification. Oh yeah, and there's no voicemail message.

Is it a deal breaker? No, but it is irritating and it sure isn't how things are supposed to work...

Feedback Score
    That does sound rather annoying. Are you able to repeat it consistently by making test calls to your GV number and answering them, or does it only happen sometimes?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, T-Mobile via Lycamobile, Verizon via RedPocket, Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried it with a test call, it's every call, every day. If I don't answer and the caller doesn't leave a message, then there isn't a notification.

Feedback Score
    If you do answer the call, are you saying you get a voice mail notification even though there was no voice mail left by the caller?

Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    I haven't tried it with a test call, it's every call, every day. If I don't answer and the caller doesn't leave a message, then there isn't a notification.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    If you do answer the call, are you saying you get a voice mail notification even though there was no voice mail left by the caller?
    That is correct. I haven't made any changes to my Google voice setup in well over a year, like adding or removing forwarding numbers, except for removing hangouts when MMS came to GV back in January. I've got this up on the GV help forum, I'll see what shakes out from that. I admit it's hard to wrap ones head around because it makes no sense what-so-ever...

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    So this voicemail notification comes to you as an indicator from the GV app (displayed in the typical top of display notification area), or in the form of an SMS (I have mine set up to do both)?

Feedback Score
    I certainly hope it comes as a notification and additionally SMS, if configured for that. Anything else wouldn't make sense - but we'll see what robertjglenn says.

robertjglenn,
    Can you post the link to the google forum where you reported this issue so we can follow and see what others are reporting too.

Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    So this voicemail notification comes to you as an indicator from the GV app (displayed in the typical top of display notification area), or in the form of an SMS (I have mine set up to do both)?

Feedback Score
    Have you tried logging in to your GV account via the website and looking at the call and voicemail history for some possible clues?

Also what was the relevance of stating you don't know your carrier number? Just that you're 100% GV, I suppose . You don't have to know your carrier number to answer a call made to your carrier number by accident or otherwise .

As posted on the GV help forum.

Here is a fresh, new hell from Google Voice. Every time I answer my phone - its always via Google Voice, even I don't know my actual carrier numbers - I will get a voicemail notification. Someone from 123-456-7890 calls me, I answer the call, and while in the call I will get a notification of a voicemail from 123-456-7890. Started about two weeks ago, doesn't matter which of the forwarding phones I answer on, I'll get the notification. Oh yeah, and there's no voicemail message.

Is it a deal breaker? No, but it is irritating and it sure isn't how things are supposed to work...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just putting this out there --

I've never used it, but I believe there's the capability in GV (at least the Legacy version) to select to be notified of Missed Calls (probably via SMS; don't know if any discrete indicator exists for the newer version). I've never used that as your phone device let's you know that info, and if you really want/need details there is a folder in GV Legacy that lists them by default.

-- In case it might be in play here somehow.

Feedback Score
    No GV SMS missed call notification that I've ever seen or heard of before your post - not to be confused with the GV voicemail SMS notification option.

Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Just putting this out there --

I've never used it, but I believe there's the capability in GV (at least the Legacy version) to select to be notified of Missed Calls (probably via SMS; don't know if any discrete indicator exists for the newer version). I've never used that as your phone device let's you know that info, and if you really want/need details there is a folder in GV Legacy that lists them by default.

-- In case it might be in play here somehow.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The forum post is here:

https://productforums.google.com/for...ce=forum/voice

I've looked at this and I've been trying to figure it out since it started. It's pretty simple, a call comes in and I answer it, I get a voicemail notification within 2 seconds of answering. If I don't answer, and the caller does not leave a message, then there is no voicemail notification. If I do not answer, and the caller does leave a message, then I will get a voicemail notification.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Removing the forwarding number on Verizon stopped this. However, if I add it back my forwarding phones ring one time and then the call is gone. Callers report calls go straight to voicemail. So for some reason, I can't use the Verizon phone which is a shame because it works everywhere...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Weird. Just tossing this out there: Possible issues with Do Not Disturb, or maybe some odd Call Circle or Group setup, or any possibility of some loop in your carrier forwarding setup (if any) for the VZW phone (can that even happen - call to GV number, forwards to selected device, but that device has CCF/UCF engaged back to GV number - warp in the universe kind of thing?)?

Feedback Score
    What happens if you dial this Verizon phone number directly? How long will it ring and what do you hear if you don't answer it? Is this Verizon phone being call forwarded in anyway?

Removing the forwarding number on Verizon stopped this. However, if I add it back my forwarding phones ring one time and then the call is gone. Callers report calls go straight to voicemail. So for some reason, I can't use the Verizon phone which is a shame because it works everywhere...

Feedback Score
    The issue is more of it sending me a voicemail notification for the call I'm on as if I never answered it. Every call I answer does this. If I do not answer, and the caller does not leave a message, I do not get notified of a VM. If I answer, then I get a notification during the call, even though I answered and the call did not go to voicemail. This started about 2 weeks ago. My setup is attached.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast