Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is the SIM Card the Same or Do I need to Buy a New One?

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Is the SIM Card the Same or Do I need to Buy a New One?

Back in February/March I was able to unlock my iPhone5S from Boost Mobile, I was then able to buy an activation kit which was a Net10 Tmobile SIM Card kit. I then was able to transfer my current number from my old phone onto my iPhone5S. The phone was working fine but later on I had to deactivate my service.

Now that we're in May going into June, I am going to reactivate my service on my iPhone and want to know if the SIM Card I have in it thats the Net10 Tmobile activation kit SIM Card, can I use that same SIM Card with a new number, with this new activated service, I plan to do this month, or do I need to buy a whole new SIM card altogether?

Because the new service I am getting they told me once they activate my service I will have a new phone number, so I won't have my old number anymore. So does that mean the SIM Card I have currently no longer works or can it be used for the new phone number?

I need help, thanks.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Some people have reported that the CDMA SIM card can be reused, but not a GSM SIM card. If you ask a TF rep, they will say that a SIM card (CDMA or GSM) cannot be reused.

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh I see. So I do need to buy a new unlocked SIM Card activation kit then?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
    Oh I see. So I do need to buy a new unlocked SIM Card activation kit then?
    Looks like the SIM CARD kit is on sale at Best Buy for $1. Other stores like Target, Dollar General usually have it on sale for $1 also.

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm when the kit I got the first time was $5.00 from Walmart, why was that one most than these other ones?

Feedback Score
    Walmart for unknown reasons, sells the kits at unreasonably high prices. Best to avoid buying the kit there.

Hmmm when the kit I got the first time was $5.00 from Walmart, why was that one most than these other ones?

Feedback Score
    napy666,
    If you must have a T-Mobile TracFone BYOP SIM kit, make sure that the package says top THREE carriers on it - otherwise it will be just Verizon and AT&T SIMs in the kit.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    napy666,
    If you must have a T-Mobile TracFone BYOP SIM kit, make sure that the package says top THREE carriers on it - otherwise it will be just Verizon and AT&T SIMs in the kit.
    The OP wants to use a Net10 Kit, and I think a Net10 kit has always included a T-Mobile SIM.

Feedback Score
    Walmart only lists individual Net10 SIMs online and the T-Mobile nano is a pricey $5.50. Even if they have full kits in the stores, their prices have never been good. You can get those SIMs direct from Net10 for $1 with free overnight shipping.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Some people have reported that the CDMA SIM card can be reused, but not a GSM SIM card. If you ask a TF rep, they will say that a SIM card (CDMA or GSM) cannot be reused.
    It depend on how the SIM became inactive and how long.

The general rule for Verizon SIMs is if you deactivate by porting out or transferring to another SIM (like micro to nano) then the SIM can be reused after a few days.
    If service just expires then it takes like 6 months before it can be reused.

And the carrier/MVNO can always refuse to allow reuse.

The last is the general situation on GSM (AT&T/TMO). Technically they could be reused but policy doesn't allow it.

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is the SIM Card kit I bought a while back, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Net10-T-M...ta&athena=true

And if you say I could find this kit for $1 let me know, otherwise it has to be this type of SIM.

Feedback Score
    $1 at Best Buy and probably other places mentioned and includes T-Mobile SIM
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/net10-br...?skuId=5470401

This is the SIM Card kit I bought a while back, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Net10-T-M...ta&athena=true

And if you say I could find this kit for $1 let me know, otherwise it has to be this type of SIM.

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ah got it. Well I just got a email from my phone provider who said they plan to send me the following in the mail -

NT P5 BYOP 128K Nano (4FF) SIM + Adaptor Folder

Do you think this is the right SIM Card for my iPhone5S or should I just buy a new TMobile activation kit nano SIM Card?

Feedback Score
    P5 = T-Mobile. Sounds like the correct SIM.

Ah got it. Well I just got a email from my phone provider who said they plan to send me the following in the mail -

NT P5 BYOP 128K Nano (4FF) SIM + Adaptor Folder

Do you think this is the right SIM Card for my iPhone5S or should I just buy a new TMobile activation kit nano SIM Card?

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well I just got a email from my phone provider who said they plan to send me the following in the mail -
    Usually faster to hit a store instead of waiting on shipping (often 3 days). And they've been known to send the wrong SIM despite what they claim to be sending.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast