Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How much wireless data do you consume monthly?

Feedback Score

How much wireless data do you consume monthly?

How much wireless data do you consume monthly? Mobile wireless, not WiFi or wired internet. (Actually consume, not how much your plan allows.) Per wireless device, per person, for each device you own with wireless access.

And what applications are the major users of your data consumption?

Feedback Score
    1 terabyte a month. Sprint 4gcomunity

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    100-150 GB and about 5GB out of my 10GB of Hotspot allotment. I'm on AT&T and most of my usage is on YouTube, YouTube TV and Speedtests. They're so fast here, I usually break 100 down daily.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    And what applications are the major users of your data consumption?
    Last month it was about 250MBs, but the majority of that was Speedtest. This month (without using Speedtest) it will probably be about 75 to 100 MBs -- that's why I dropped down to a 150MB a month allotment.
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby * Motorola Admiral on Tello

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    If you're just talking phones, about 4 GB - Chrome, TV Listings, email, Facebook, Google Play Store, Words with Friends, and a few others.

Sent from my MotoG3 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    About 250mb a month. Just means I spend less than others. Prefer doing things on my laptop or desktop.

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    Zero. I don't use data.

Feedback Score
    Between 12GB and 16gb a month.

We got rid of our slower than a dead turtle AT&T DSL last May and have been tethering my Mom's cellular data since then.
    She has unlimited with the first 6GB LTE.
    Until yesterday I also had 3GB of LTE from my Net10 to use. I would use all of it plus a few more GBs of the throttled 2G after the LTE was used up.

What I'd use it for.. Basically everything I used to use our DSL on.

I don't stream movies or TV shows.
    Occasionally I would watch stuff on YouTube. Music videos and such.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    *After All, There Is Nothing Real Outside Our Perception Of Reality, Is There?*

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    DSL generally has higher caps. In AT&T's case it is 150GB. If speeds where at least 1.5mbps I would probably keep that than going totally to wireless. I had CenturyLink DSL which can give my address up to 100mbps. The only thing about going totally wireless is caps. Wireline generally gives much higher caps (or none at all) over wireless. Unless it is fixed wireless, but that is taking so long to roll out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    DSL generally has higher caps. In AT&T's case it is 150GB. If speeds where at least 1.5mbps I would probably keep that than going totally to wireless. I had CenturyLink DSL which can give my address up to 100mbps. The only thing about going totally wireless is caps. Wireline generally gives much higher caps (or none at all) over wireless. Unless it is fixed wireless, but that is taking so long to roll out.
    They kept jacking up the price every few months and the speed was far less than 1.5mpbs. Running speed tests it was always in the .67mpbs range.
    We never even got close to using the allotted 150GB listed on the plan.
    $45 a month for that was just ridiculous.

Throttled 2G seems faster or at least comparable.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    I've got Charter (Spectrum) and it costs us $59 (plus tax and fees) a month. But there's eight of us (my six kids and my wife and I) in our household -- and there are sometimes all eight of us are on the Internet simultaneously. More often some of us will be watching a Movie or TV show downstairs on Netflix -- while some of the kids will be watching a cartoon upstairs -- while another kid will be on YouTube and another couple of them are playing some kind of online game while Skyping to their cousins. Meanwhile I could be watching the MLB baseball game of the day, while talking to my brother and my dad (free) on CallCentric VoIP. There's simply no way it would pay for us to go wireless in our situation. Our speed is 60 Mega whatevers -- we could go up to 100 M... but there's no reason. As far as I know there's no data cap.

Feedback Score
    OK, the question should be tied to the little nugget - do you have other Internet sources (WiFi) at home or at work.

When I had Internet in both places I was using 0.5GB /month.
    Now I don't have WiFi at work anymore, so my usage is around 1-1.5GB. But I don't watch YouTube at work or in my car.
    My family plan is 12GB (3 person) and we are using around 5Gb monthly.

For my home Internet I have FIOS 100/100Mbps and that uses some 100-200GB monthly (Netflix, Amazon Prime, MS updates). have three routers around the house, all dual-band (5GHz is the way to go to avoid neighbors' interference in the 2.4GHz band)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    tethering my Mom's cellular data since then.
    She has unlimited with the first 6GB LTE.
    What service is your mom's phone data on with the unlimited 6GB LTE? And what is her cost monthly?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    100 - 300 MB / month. Wife = 400 - 800MB/month We have Wifi @ home / work. We live 1.5 - 2.0 miles from our respective

jobs, so minimal travel data usage.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

7gb on Cricket
    Mostly DIRECTVNow and Netflix
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast