Thread: Activating Unlocked Moto G5+

Feedback Score

Activating Unlocked Moto G5+

I just tried to activate a Motorola Moto G5+ unlocked phone I purchased from Best Buy and was told that it is ineligible to be activated on Page Plus. This is my first time activating a 4G phone. Do I need to do something to activate the sim card? Is there something other than the MEID that I need to provide? Am I wrong in thinking it could be activated with Page Plus?

Feedback Score
    Are you trying to activate it on a 4G plan (monthly versus pay-as-you-go)? That's required for 4G/LTE phones.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you have to activate a 4G LTE phone on the $29.95 or higher plans.

Enter the IMEI (15 digit) number into their checker here: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/act...ew-activation/

You can also try the MEID (same as IMEI without the last digit) if that doesn't work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    Are you trying to activate it on a 4G plan (monthly versus pay-as-you-go)? That's required for 4G/LTE phones.
    Yes, it's the $29.95 plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morlando27 View Post
    Yes, it's the $29.95 plan.
    I would suggest you consider Boom mobile. Their $29.99 plan on Verizon includes unlimited talk and 2 GB data compared to 1500 minutes and 1 GB on P+. They also include access to Verizon's extended network and VoLTE, which your Moto G5+ should support.

They also have a $19.99 plan with UTT and 250 MB data and a $24.99 plan with 1 GB. You can add more HS data to any of those for as low as $30 for 5 GB and that data rolls over for 90 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    I would suggest you consider Boom mobile. Their $29.99 plan on Verizon includes unlimited talk and 2 GB data compared to 1500 minutes and 1 GB on P+. They also include access to Verizon's extended network and VoLTE, which your Moto G5+ should support.

They also have a $19.99 plan with UTT and 250 MB data and a $24.99 plan with 1 GB. You can add more HS data to any of those for as low as $30 for 5 GB and that data rolls over for 90 days.
    I totally agree with bw01 and many others on this forum. I have 3 lines on Boom that used to be on PagePlus. I have all 3 on AutoPay. With Boom you get great customer service, superior coverage, and better rates. Just an overall good choice.

Feedback Score
    I'm planning to switch to Boom but figured I'd activate the phone on Page Plus while waiting for the Boom sim card to arrive and/or until my PP service runs out.

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's possible the phone may not be whitelisted yet with Verizon.

Check at https://www.verizonwireless.com/brin...e/#checkDevice

Some have had issues with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I tried again with a different agent and didn't have a problem with the IMEI. I seem to run into that a lot with Page Plus. In fact, it appears my sim card is damaged (quite possible since I originally purchased a dual sim for a different device when 4G first became available through PP and cut it down to nano size for the Moto G5+). It isn't being recognized by the phone so I decided to just reactivate the LG phone that we've been using until I receive the Boom Mobile sim card but the PP agent told me the old phone couldn't be reactivated it because it isn't a certified Verizon device. Ten minutes later, I successfully reactivated it via online chat. I don't understand why one agent will say a device isn't eligible and another will put it right through but this is proabably the 4th time I've run into the same issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Never call! Always use chat.

Feedback Score
    Never call! Always use chat.
    It was through chat that they originally told me the phone wasn't eligible for activation.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It was through chat that they originally told me the phone wasn't eligible for activation.
    Did you check my link? That should always give you the correct answer as to whether it will activate or not.

Feedback Score
    Did you check my link? That should always give you the correct answer as to whether it will activate or not.
    Yes, your link indicated both devices were valid but in each case, one Page Plus representative said it wasn't, then another activated with no problem.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, your link indicated both devices were valid but in each case, one Page Plus representative said it wasn't, then another activated with no problem.
    And Tracfone customer service continues to go down hill.