Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: YMMV - 35% lifetime discount on LTE plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nersisd123 View Post
    Hello,
    I have some promo codes left for sale,
    35% off for life
    Please PM me, in Mississauga
    How much are you charging? I might be interested

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I couldn't for my life find any or anyone willing to give any. I'm kinda annoyed been with them fur almost 7 years and have had 4 lines yet never seem to get any deals but everyone around me seem to. Calling in is useless. I guess maybe once a better deal come along I may jump ship. I haven't really gotten anything good by staying with them n my 4 lines but watch others with less lines and been with them less time getting promos n such. With data seemingly getting worse n now they want me to pay more just so I have LTE but is exact same package I have now except LTE which isn't even available where I am yet. Really not very much incentive to stay much longer

Sent from my LG G6
    Last edited by Pisidan; 05-22-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Looking for some promo codes. Let me know if you have any and how much? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nersisd123 View Post
    Hello,
    I have some promo codes left for sale,
    35% off for life
    Please PM me, in Mississauga
    Sent you a PM!
    Would I have to change plans or can I keep my Everywhere 55?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'd be very cautious purchasing a code online from someone you can't meet in person in a Freedom Store (like someone on the other side of the country). Any scammer online can say, "send me some money, I'll email you a code afterwards". Just something to think about.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    I'd be very cautious purchasing a code online from someone you can't meet in person in a Freedom Store (like someone on the other side of the country). Any scammer online can say, "send me some money, I'll email you a code afterwards". Just something to think about.
    I'm not implying that anyone here is a scammer, but I've seen similar things happen to many people in the past.

Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile & Telus $20/5gb
    Feedback Score
    I work for Shaw and received an e-mail just yesterday with 5 promo codes, it is not just Freedom employee's that received them, anyone working for Shaw and I assume Shaw Direct will have received them as well.

I hope anyone that is trying to sell their codes realizes that termination of employment is a real likely possibility, it is against Shaw's business conduct standards that all employees agree to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cgartly View Post
    I work for Shaw and received an e-mail just yesterday with 5 promo codes, it is not just Freedom employee's that received them, anyone working for Shaw and I assume Shaw Direct will have received them as well.

I hope anyone that is trying to sell their codes realizes that termination of employment is a real likely possibility, it is against Shaw's business conduct standards that all employees agree to.
    I know you said you work for Shaw. But maybe you can help with my freedom mobile problem. Can loyal customers get the 35% discount (or the original $45 6gb for life LTE plan?) I ask because fido offered me the $50 5gb plan

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I wish I could help you but at the moment Shaw & Freedom are still very separate internally, I unfortunately do not have any internal contacts @ Freedom nor am I familiar with Freedom's processes internally. All I can suggest is visiting a store or calling customer service and being extremely polite to see if someone is able to share a code with you.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Techguy12 View Post
    I know you said you work for Shaw. But maybe you can help with my freedom mobile problem. Can loyal customers get the 35% discount (or the original $45 6gb for life LTE plan?) I ask because fido offered me the $50 5gb plan

I think the promo codes are for employees and their friends. So unless you are an employee or the family member or a friend of an employee, the answer is probably going to be a "no".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    I think the promo codes are for employees and their friends. So unless you are an employee or the family member or a friend of an employee, the answer is probably going to be a "no".
    Is the $45 6gb LTE plan still available with permanent 6gb?

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Techguy12 View Post

Promo codes cannot be used on existing lines.

Must be a new line. Period - No exceptions.

I have seen some employees hesitant to share the codes on cheaper plans, as they get lower commission, which makes sense...so no one has the right to hate on them for that.

Its up to the employees to share the codes, they can choose not to and that is completely up to them as there is no policy forcing them to share it.

I got the ZTE Grand X 4 (FREE) and $59 plan ($38.35+Tax and multi line discount).

If anyone gets the discount code, only way you can keep your existing number is to port it out to a prepaid sim on different carrier and then port it back in. You can do this same day. I have 100% confirmed to be a no issue, we have multiple accounts in our household so we crossed the lines. From Account A to Prepaid SIM with Carrier X to Account B.

If you are on Pay Before, you can definitely go to Pay After.

I have not confirmed porting the number back in on the same account, I imagine it would be a no issue.

Freedom does keep your "old" number on the Online account visible for up to 30 full days. So you may see your number twice, you will not be getting billed twice for the same number.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Device(s)
    sammy
    Carrier(s)
    bell mobility :-)
    Feedback Score

Terms and Conditions of Code, How to apply

Thank OP. I have a code and I'm currently migrating from Pay Before to Pay After. I'm unclear as to what the process is to APPLY the code.

Some reps have told to do it online by changing my plan and applying the code AT THE SAME TIME. Others reps have told me to change my plan first and go in AFTERWARDS to apply the code online.

Does your email include instructions on how to apply the code and what the rules are? If so, can you please share them?

One last point is regarding the "new account" stipulation. Some have said yes you do need a new account and some have said you don't as the only requirement is an in market plan.

I'm very confused and I don't want to make a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by cgartly View Post

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by >tEwis_mObiwiTy View Post
    Thank OP. I have a code and I'm currently migrating from Pay Before to Pay After. I'm unclear as to what the process is to APPLY the code.

Some reps have told to do it online by changing my plan and applying the code AT THE SAME TIME. Others reps have told me to change my plan first and go in AFTERWARDS to apply the code online.

Does your email include instructions on how to apply the code and what the rules are? If so, can you please share them?

One last point is regarding the "new account" stipulation. Some have said yes you do need a new account and some have said you don't as the only requirement is an in market plan.

I'm very confused and I don't want to make a mistake.
    New Account Requirement = NO
    New Line = Yes -- As stated before cannot apply to existing line if it is not a Eligible LTE plan

As far as the code goes, why not apply the code at the store when you activate the line? Tell the rep that you have a code and he will put it into the system on the spot...you will have it in writing from FREEDOM on the printout the rep gives you.
    Last edited by Samshares; 05-25-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hi, according to the information I have it does not have to be a new activation. Shaw employees do not receive any commissions for the codes we have received, perhaps Freedom employee's do, I don't know.

How to redeem a code
    New Customers:

1) Bring your code to a Freedom retail location.
    2) Choose one of our LTE-ready plans and activate a "Pay After" account.
    3) Get a new LTE-ready phone from $0** or bring your own phone. (Click here to see if your phone is compatible).
    4) That's it. The discount will apply to your monthly plan for as long as you're a Freedom Mobile customer on an eligible plan.

Existing Customers:

1)
    First, ensure you are on an eligible LTE-ready plan.
    If you need to switch to an eligible plan, visit FreedomMobile.ca and log in to My Account → Plans & Ads-ons → Change Plan
    2)
    Next, ensure you're on a Pay After account.
    If you need to change to this type of account, please visit one of our retail locations.
    3)
    Enter your promo code in your online account.
    Visit FreedomMobile.ca → My Account → Plans & Add-ons → Redeem Promo Code.
    4)
    You're done.
    The discount will apply as long as you are a Freedom Mobile customer on an eligible plan.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast