Thread: Best Buy 20% off refill card with SIM or phone purchase

Feedback Score

Best Buy 20% off refill card with SIM or phone purchase

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPad Pro 12.9", Lumia 650, SpareOne
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    I did it (because why not just tie up a bunch of money on my Cricket account? ) and I'm not sure if it will be the older SIM or newer one (I'll report my findings) - the pictures on Best Buy's site indicate the old one, as does the price (my Best Buy was selling the new SIMs for $10 and they briefly appeared online).

Still, even with the sales tax and E911 fees charged in most places, I still netted about 12% off ($62), so not a bad deal at all.

Feedback Score
    I did it too. No sales tax in NH, The SIM was only $0.99 and I bought a $60 refill card. I selected pickup in NH which is a very short drive for me from MA and my total with e911 fees was $49.xx. Saved $10. If it's the old SIM I will probably just toss it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    I did it too. No sales tax in NH, The SIM was only $0.99 and I bought a $60 refill card. I selected pickup in NH which is a very short drive for me from MA and my total with e911 fees was $49.xx. Saved $10. If it's the old SIM I will probably just toss it.
    I got about 3 or 4 of the old SIMs with the previous promotion ($1.99) and just have them in a pile. I know some people have sold them on eBay, but it sounded like Best Buy messed up the activation/check-out process for some of the ones that were shipped, so I'd hate to send out a useless SIM to someone. Plus, once everything is moved over to the new proxy servers, these could be handy in a pinch.

Feedback Score
    Tried to pick-up my order today and the Best Buy system would not complete the store pick-up. The system kept saying that it could not activate the $0.99 SIM and the $60 refill card together. The Best Buy kid was completely stumped. It looks like the 20% off for the refill cards is not working if you buy the $0.99 cent SIM kit. Bummer. Anyone else have this issue?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    Tried to pick-up my order today and the Best Buy system would not complete the store pick-up. The system kept saying that it could not activate the $0.99 SIM and the $60 refill card together. The Best Buy kid was completely stumped. It looks like the 20% off for the refill cards is not working if you buy the $0.99 cent SIM kit. Bummer. Anyone else have this issue?
    I had that happen when they did it awhile back - they couldn't "check out" the SIM kit to me at the store (also scanned about 8 different kits to try in the store). Instead, do the mail order option and it should work with no trouble.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I had that happen when they did it awhile back - they couldn't "check out" the SIM kit to me at the store (also scanned about 8 different kits to try in the store). Instead, do the mail order option and it should work with no trouble.
    If I have it delivered then I will have to pay MA sales tax which is 6.25%. I will still be saving money but it will only be a savings of about $6.00. I just had the Best Buy guy cancel the order.

Feedback Score
    If you are in a no sales tax state and on 5 line group plan, this reduces yearly cost from $240 to $192 or just $16/month for 4 gb or 8 gb if you do the plan switch. Pretty neat.
    Sign up each new ported-in line (within the last 30 days) for Cricket Rewards with http://getm.pt/dcp4n4?KDD-C276E3

and receive $25 in account credit.

Feedback Score
    The .99 cent SIM is the old one. New white SIM is still $9.99 at BB...and not worth it for me. My local BB had only 1 old SIM pkg on their rack. Smells like this sale is to clear out the old Cricket SIMs.
    Please enter password to view this signature.

Feedback Score
    So you pay a dollar extra and dont use the old sim. It is still a great deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    So you pay a dollar extra and dont use the old sim. It is still a great deal.
    Agree, which is why I did just that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    I'll apologize in advance for cross-posting this to some relevant threads, but over the weekend, I bought a $70 refill + 99˘ SIM card (SKU 5153001) from Best Buy (the thumbnail looked like the old BYOD SIM kit) and had them shipped to me instead of pick-up. They arrived today and it's the new, white SIM. There's no guarantees this is the case for everyone, nor that Best Buy actually "activated" the SIM properly, but it may be a way to get the white SIM cheap and save a bit on a refill card. I think when all was said and done, I was at about $61.

Feedback Score
    This is still going on by the way. Sims are back down to $1 again. Have used this 4 times already as it's the only discounting going on now it seems.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Yep. I check every few weeks to see if its still going. Its an OK deal, lately I'm trying to pay my bill with mPoints as often as possible so I don't like throwing money into my account, but its worth it for a few bucks off a $70 refill card. Too bad both my SIMs were the old green ones so far, though.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    Where my target discount at?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast