Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Best Buy 20% off refill card with SIM or phone purchase

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    190
    Feedback Score
    0
    **Update** An additional 10% off on the refill cards at BestBuy this week. Probably the lowest I've seen them. Same deal as before, add the Cricket sim card kit and the refill card.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/21...t1489674869164

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    192
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by garymeter48 View Post
    **Update** An additional 10% off on the refill cards at BestBuy this week. Probably the lowest I've seen them. Same deal as before, add the Cricket sim card kit and the refill card.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/21...t1489674869164
    Yep <$80 for $100 worth of refill, including taxes. Great deal. Thinking I should have maxed it out at 3x$70 cards.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,855
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks..got $60 refill for $44 plus an extra sim card.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Love it!!! Just under $28.00 per month for the Cricket 40 plan.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    832
    Feedback Score
    0
    Stocked up to cover the next 4 months. Too bad I order a $70 card yesterday before they dropped them 10%.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    799
    Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    What color SIM cards are you latest buyers getting?

    I did the deal a couple months back, during the changeover, I guess and got a green SIM.

    Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    62
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by garymeter48 View Post
    **Update** An additional 10% off on the refill cards at BestBuy this week. Probably the lowest I've seen them. Same deal as before, add the Cricket sim card kit and the refill card.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/21...t1489674869164
    How do you get an additional 10% off? It's just showing 20% off for me.

    Just realized it's Monday, probably expired.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    468
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Best Buy 20% off refill card with SIM or phone purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by kilcher2 View Post
    How do you get an additional 10% off? It's just showing 20% off for me.

    Just realized it's Monday, probably expired.
    It's showing the gift card @ 10% off. So the $70 is $63. So take that $63 x20% =$19.60 discount. So there's your 30% off.

    So basically after the $3 SIM card, + taxes $3.33 in Illinois, + 911 surcharge & ITAC assessment fee $1.59....

    $70 SIM card @ $50.40
    Plus SIM card @ $2.99
    + taxes, fees @ $4.92
    Grand total of = $58.31 for a $70 gift card


    Hate it how they add these bogus fees since were already paying a 911 fee etc in our bill, it's just combined into our monthly plan.... but $10 overall off is nice.


    Wish there was someone we could complain too....

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    62
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    It's showing the gift card @ 10% off. So the $70 is $63. So take that $63 x20% =$19.60 discount. So there's your 30% off.

    So basically after the $3 SIM card, + taxes $3.33 in Illinois, + 911 surcharge & ITAC assessment fee $1.59....

    $70 SIM card @ $50.40
    Plus SIM card @ $2.99
    + taxes, fees @ $4.92
    Grand total of = $58.31 for a $70 gift card


    Hate it how they add these bogus fees since were already paying a 911 fee etc in our bill, it's just combined into our monthly plan.... but $10 overall off is nice.


    Wish there was someone we could complain too....
    Ah... Now I see. Thanks! Yeah, taxes and fees it's almost not worth the trouble at 20% but the extra 10% kind of pushes it over the edge for me. Going to pick one up!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    697
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    It's showing the gift card @ 10% off. So the $70 is $63. So take that $63 x20% =$19.60 discount. So there's your 30% off.

    So basically after the $3 SIM card, + taxes $3.33 in Illinois, + 911 surcharge & ITAC assessment fee $1.59....

    $70 SIM card @ $50.40
    Plus SIM card @ $2.99
    + taxes, fees @ $4.92
    Grand total of = $58.31 for a $70 gift card


    Hate it how they add these bogus fees since were already paying a 911 fee etc in our bill, it's just combined into our monthly plan.... but $10 overall off is nice.


    Wish there was someone we could complain too....
    You could gripe to the cricket Zen desk maybe they would be upset that best buy is double dipping on the 911 fee.
    and then you just send a message to Best Buy's support griping about said double dipping

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    5,750
    Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    You could gripe to the cricket Zen desk maybe they would be upset that best buy is double dipping on the 911 fee.
    and then you just send a message to Best Buy's support griping about said double dipping

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Probably best just to accept whatever discount you can get.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    832
    Feedback Score
    0
    Best buy charges these kinds of taxes and fees on all prepaid cards and for other providers it covers your monthly plan and you don't pay the taxes and fees twice. Perhaps BB is required to charge these on cricket as well. Ideally these things would just be sold like gift cards and whatever you pay is the credit you get with the provider.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,304
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Or best buy is just padding their pockets. I've bought the same prepaid phone in the past from both best buy and target. Both stores in the same town. Best buy had several additional fees in addition to sales tax. Target only charged sales tax.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    799
    Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Or best buy is just padding their pockets. I've bought the same prepaid phone in the past from both best buy and target. Both stores in the same town. Best buy had several additional fees in addition to sales tax. Target only charged sales tax.
    Target charges the e911 fee, for me, here in Atl, Ga. Purchased at least 3 Cricket refills. Fee charged every time.

    Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    832
    Feedback Score
    0
    At least in Georgia you don't have to pay sales tax on refills. e911 alone is not bad.

    Target instore charges sames sales tax and fees as best buy. Target online does not charge taxes and fees on cricket refills as they are email delivery. Who knows -maybe they will figure that out and start charging extras too.

    Even the new cricket refills called service payment cards get the same taxes and fees. I just want a cricket gift card!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB Future Shop, Best Buy, Holt Renfrew Gift Card
    By jokesing18 in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 10:34 AM
  2. Best Buy NY Selling Boost Cards
    By br0nx finest in forum Nextel Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 08:51 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 01:01 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2001, 12:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks