Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Cricket is much better now

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    646
    Feedback Score
    0

    Cricket is much better now

    Cricket service is so much better with the AT&T proxy servers and voLTE. Before voLTE, incoming calls would sometimes go right to voicemail and outgoing calls seemed like they took forever to connect sometimes. This seems to be fixed with voLTE. Haven't missed a call yet and outgoing calls connect immediately.
    I would frequently have slow data speeds. This seems to be much improved with the AT&T servers compared to Jasper and XO servers. Much better ping times too now.
    I was unable to get login text codes from my bank and credit protection services when on the old Jasper and XO servers. I would request a text code and they would never come in. These text codes work every time now with the AT&T servers.
    All the issues I had with Cricket are gone now and I am really glad I gave them another chance because I am really happy now. The service has greatly improved overall.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,037
    Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $45 / 8 GB
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think AT&T server help but Cricket has been great for me and friends and family since we switched last year. We never have issue whatsoever. The service is stellar and the price is unbeatable . The Volte is not as important as coverage for us, it's nice to have anyway. Glad that it works out for a lot if people

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,681
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's awesome I didn't leave cricket because I wasn't thrilled I just wanted to have hotspot as part of my plan without paying extra for it and I also wanted faster data speeds too. I wouldn't mind coming back but I have a real nice plan with T-Mobile that's hard to leave

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,778
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm sticking with my $48.50 Verizon prepaid plan w/ 7 GB of data plus carryover and free hotspot. If Cricket adds the hotspot feature for free, maybe. But I don't ever see that happening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes, Cricket is a great overall value but I recently switched to GoPhone, after they increased their data allotment to 6gb in order, to get hotspot. Aside from the hotspot the experience has been the same as on Cricket.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,262
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_M View Post
    Yes, Cricket is a great overall value but I recently switched to GoPhone, after they increased their data allotment to 6gb in order, to get hotspot. Aside from the hotspot the experience has been the same as on Cricket.
    Comparing cricket's 4GB plan to gophone 6GB plan. It's a no brainer. Hoping gophone will add volte then may finally make the switch. Unlimited speeds, hotspot and roll over data seems worth the extra $5 per month using callingmart auto fill.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    H2O;MintSIM
    Feedback Score
    0
    13 days earlier ...

    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    When I had cricket I had missed calls and slow speeds because there is some congestion in my area. I wanted to keep cricket but just accepted the facts and moved on.

    Just remember you always get what you pay for.

    Even on the AT&T servers you're still severely deprioritized.
    Now ...

    Cricket service is so much better with the AT&T proxy servers and voLTE.
    That didn't take long. Still think you're gettomg what you paid for?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    40
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've been a customer since the AIO Wireless days and I have no complaints at all other than their customer care, which I try not to call whenever I can. The service with all of my phones (2 Windows Phones, 2 LG Phones, and now 2 Samsung Phones) has always been consistent, which is what matters to me. the VoLTE REALLY makes a difference as the service in my house was pretty bad with a lot of dropped calls. I have no issues now, so that was a big improvement for me. I'm a happy customer and don't really see a reason to leave, but to each their own I guess.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,093
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've been paying $31.00 per month for a Cricket 40 single line with discounted pins. Pretty solid deal with 4gb/Unlimited data and free un-authorized tethering. Moved to Cricket about two years ago after a lifetime on Verizon and have been pretty satisfied. Voice latency is the only thing that bothers me about Cricket but it sounds like things are getting better.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    87
    Feedback Score
    0
    I won't lie, have had issues with customer service. But I also have had decent service for a very cheap price thanks to their rewards and referral credits.

    I'll continue to use them. I do travel a lot, so the Tmobile International Roaming is tempting.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    646
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    13 days earlier ...



    Now ...



    That didn't take long. Still think you're gettomg what you paid for?
    I do not deny being a very vocal critic of Cricket. I would get calls going straight to voicemail and slow speeds. The call problem is gone now with voLTE and the slow speeds must have been the Jasper and XO proxies because speeds and pings now are much better and more consistent. So to answer your question, No, I am getting much better service now than what I was paying for before.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,681
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by new-toy View Post
    I do not deny being a very vocal critic of Cricket. I would get calls going straight to voicemail and slow speeds. The call problem is gone now with voLTE and the slow speeds must have been the Jasper and XO proxies because speeds and pings now are much better and more consistent. So to answer your question, No, I am getting much better service now than what I was paying for before.
    However are the speeds still capped at 8 Mbps tho? And when you say faster speeds as in more consistent or higher than 8 this time?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    646
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    However are the speeds still capped at 8 Mbps tho? And when you say faster speeds as in more consistent or higher than 8 this time?
    The speeds are still capped at 8 but I was often times seeing not even close to that with the old proxy servers. Now with the AT&T servers I actually see the 8Mb/s I am paying for much more often and seeing pings around 74ms instead of 130-140 I was seeing before.

Similar Threads

  1. CS IS WAY BETTER NOW!!
    By ~~Tito~~ in forum AT&T
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 02:41 PM
  2. i860 -- is it better now?
    By kevlar119 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 04:06 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 02:31 PM
  4. I feel much better now.
    By brasco901 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2002, 06:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks