Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: I hope the ftc, fcc, whoever blocks a merger

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    560
    Feedback Score
    0

    I hope the ftc, fcc, whoever blocks a merger

    Less competition is never going to be a good thing. And T-Mobile likely would only want Sprint for the spectrum and subscribers.

    Sprint gets hated on, but somehow I wonder how many of the haters actually used their network in the last couple of years. It's better than T-Mobile's network in a LOT of places. I know this from my own experience.

    Sprint also is more business friendly, and they had very little, if anything, to do with ISPs petitioning the government to be able to sell browsing history for ad revenue.

    I also like to support the little guy, no one pays me to write any of this. But Sprint has become the little guy but not as little (or as lousy) as US Cellular.

    Bottom line, there is no reason for Sprint to merge with anyone, and a lot of their problems are company image related. They just need new higher ups in advertising, and possibly a CEO with more vision.

    I will stick with Sprint till the end (if there is one), and I will not support a merger with T-Mobile because zero-rating and fast lanes are not my type of internet. I just want more people to know what they are supporting, and to put their money into what may not be the biggest or best network, but as far as the consumer goes, is the best of the big 4.

    *end rant, thanks for reading.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenatek View Post
    Less competition is never going to be a good thing. And T-Mobile likely would only want Sprint for the spectrum and subscribers.

    Sprint gets hated on, but somehow I wonder how many of the haters actually used their network in the last couple of years. It's better than T-Mobile's network in a LOT of places. I know this from my own experience.

    Sprint also is more business friendly, and they had very little, if anything, to do with ISPs petitioning the government to be able to sell browsing history for ad revenue.

    I also like to support the little guy, no one pays me to write any of this. But Sprint has become the little guy but not as little (or as lousy) as US Cellular.

    Bottom line, there is no reason for Sprint to merge with anyone, and a lot of their problems are company image related. They just need new higher ups in advertising, and possibly a CEO with more vision.

    I will stick with Sprint till the end (if there is one), and I will not support a merger with T-Mobile because zero-rating and fast lanes are not my type of internet. I just want more people to know what they are supporting, and to put their money into what may not be the biggest or best network, but as far as the consumer goes, is the best of the big 4.

    *end rant, thanks for reading.
    I agree with you. However I'm not sure how Sprint is going to get VZW/att coverage. People still think of Sprint as 0.10 Mbps slow. It's Coverage that does keep some people away.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    560
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm telling you they HAVE GOT TO reinvent their image. Hell, change the company name even. A lot of the problem is people focus on the negative too much. This is in the middle of nowhere, where the GSM networks barely get 1mbps down:


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    560
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'd rather see them become dormant in a section of the country, maybe the Pacific Northwest, pull out if they have to, and focus on the plains and east coast. Then turn on volte in those areas. Use their strengths, cut costs to a minimum, maintain the strong areas and promote the fact that they are different. Promote fixed wireless access, open up byop more, and promote open internet policy.

    They'd kill it with the right image.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    560
    Feedback Score
    0
    I should run it for them.....it's insane how many people will follow the good guy, and for good reason. This is the perfect time to do it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenatek View Post
    I'd rather see them become dormant in a section of the country, maybe the Pacific Northwest, pull out if they have to, and focus on the plains and east coast. Then turn on volte in those areas. Use their strengths, cut costs to a minimum, maintain the strong areas and promote the fact that they are different. Promote fixed wireless access, open up byop more, and promote open internet policy.

    They'd kill it with the right image.
    Don't hold me to it I did hear VoLTE is possible this year.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    78
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Don't hold me to it I did hear VoLTE is possible this year.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
    For sprint? Wow


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Their network has got to be already literally baby steps from having volte, with CA and 1x800 working in tandem, if you watch lte discovery when placing a call it's as if they have the tech in place but aren't using it yet.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1399 View Post
    For sprint? Wow


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Sprint is trying when it comes to their Network. FDD carrier aggregation is starting to pop up in alot of places.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,314
    Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Still too easy in my area to go off network. So many places I go and stay and Sprint doesn't have coverage even on half the way there. Tmobile has been building out like crazy though and has coverage now in those areas and road trips.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Still too easy in my area to go off network. So many places I go and stay and Sprint doesn't have coverage even on half the way there. Tmobile has been building out like crazy though and has coverage now in those areas and road trips.
    That is one major problem. Sprint needs to atleast get up to at&t coverage. Att has less over all coverage than VZW but, better than Sprint.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,247
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sprint needs a buyer, they cannot build their network and pay off their debts. Most potential buyers would rather wait till bankruptcy and pick them up on the cheap.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Actually if you want any part of sprint to still be here in a couple years wanting the FCC to block a deal should be the last thing to wish for. Softbanks going to try to merge with TMobile no matter what anyone here thinks about it, if they get a deal done it's going to include a breakup fee. Most likely this will include cash and possibly spectrum as in the att merger attempt. If the FCC blocks it, and sprint is forced to pay that fee and give up spectrum on top of it, I'd suspect SoftBank would just give up and part out sprint. They'd be in a no win situation at that point.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Actually if you want any part of sprint to still be here in a couple years wanting the FCC to block a deal should be the last thing to wish for. Softbanks going to try to merge with TMobile no matter what anyone here thinks about it, if they get a deal done it's going to include a breakup fee. Most likely this will include cash and possibly spectrum as in the att merger attempt. If the FCC blocks it, and sprint is forced to pay that fee and give up spectrum on top of it, I'd suspect SoftBank would just give up and part out sprint. They'd be in a no win situation at that point.
    True. That would happen if the merger fails. Now if TMobile tried buying Sprint then Sprint would get the fee.

    Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    28
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenatek View Post
    Less competition is never going to be a good thing. And T-Mobile likely would only want Sprint for the spectrum and subscribers.

    Sprint gets hated on, but somehow I wonder how many of the haters actually used their network in the last couple of years. It's better than T-Mobile's network in a LOT of places. I know this from my own experience.

    Sprint also is more business friendly, and they had very little, if anything, to do with ISPs petitioning the government to be able to sell browsing history for ad revenue.

    I also like to support the little guy, no one pays me to write any of this. But Sprint has become the little guy but not as little (or as lousy) as US Cellular.

    Bottom line, there is no reason for Sprint to merge with anyone, and a lot of their problems are company image related. They just need new higher ups in advertising, and possibly a CEO with more vision.

    I will stick with Sprint till the end (if there is one), and I will not support a merger with T-Mobile because zero-rating and fast lanes are not my type of internet. I just want more people to know what they are supporting, and to put their money into what may not be the biggest or best network, but as far as the consumer goes, is the best of the big 4.

    *end rant, thanks for reading.
    Sprint doesn't have the cash to build out, they are not profitable, and at some point will go bankrupt, there is a urgency for a merger.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint fined 68 million dollars by the FTC and FCC
    By cellphone-guy in forum Sprint
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 11:00 PM
  2. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 02:12 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 11:31 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:33 AM
  5. RCMP and the Canadian Forces will Block cell phones when Pope visits
    By Hello? in forum Provider Rants, Kudos and Recommendations
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-11-2002, 06:52 PM

Bookmarks