Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I hope the ftc, fcc, whoever blocks a merger

Feedback Score

I hope the ftc, fcc, whoever blocks a merger

Less competition is never going to be a good thing. And T-Mobile likely would only want Sprint for the spectrum and subscribers.

Sprint gets hated on, but somehow I wonder how many of the haters actually used their network in the last couple of years. It's better than T-Mobile's network in a LOT of places. I know this from my own experience.

Sprint also is more business friendly, and they had very little, if anything, to do with ISPs petitioning the government to be able to sell browsing history for ad revenue.

I also like to support the little guy, no one pays me to write any of this. But Sprint has become the little guy but not as little (or as lousy) as US Cellular.

Bottom line, there is no reason for Sprint to merge with anyone, and a lot of their problems are company image related. They just need new higher ups in advertising, and possibly a CEO with more vision.

I will stick with Sprint till the end (if there is one), and I will not support a merger with T-Mobile because zero-rating and fast lanes are not my type of internet. I just want more people to know what they are supporting, and to put their money into what may not be the biggest or best network, but as far as the consumer goes, is the best of the big 4.

*end rant, thanks for reading.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenatek View Post
    Less competition is never going to be a good thing. And T-Mobile likely would only want Sprint for the spectrum and subscribers.

Sprint gets hated on, but somehow I wonder how many of the haters actually used their network in the last couple of years. It's better than T-Mobile's network in a LOT of places. I know this from my own experience.

Sprint also is more business friendly, and they had very little, if anything, to do with ISPs petitioning the government to be able to sell browsing history for ad revenue.

I also like to support the little guy, no one pays me to write any of this. But Sprint has become the little guy but not as little (or as lousy) as US Cellular.

Bottom line, there is no reason for Sprint to merge with anyone, and a lot of their problems are company image related. They just need new higher ups in advertising, and possibly a CEO with more vision.

I will stick with Sprint till the end (if there is one), and I will not support a merger with T-Mobile because zero-rating and fast lanes are not my type of internet. I just want more people to know what they are supporting, and to put their money into what may not be the biggest or best network, but as far as the consumer goes, is the best of the big 4.

I agree with you. However I'm not sure how Sprint is going to get VZW/att coverage. People still think of Sprint as 0.10 Mbps slow. It's Coverage that does keep some people away.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm telling you they HAVE GOT TO reinvent their image. Hell, change the company name even. A lot of the problem is people focus on the negative too much. This is in the middle of nowhere, where the GSM networks barely get 1mbps down:

Feedback Score
    I'd rather see them become dormant in a section of the country, maybe the Pacific Northwest, pull out if they have to, and focus on the plains and east coast. Then turn on volte in those areas. Use their strengths, cut costs to a minimum, maintain the strong areas and promote the fact that they are different. Promote fixed wireless access, open up byop more, and promote open internet policy.

They'd kill it with the right image.

Feedback Score
    I should run it for them.....it's insane how many people will follow the good guy, and for good reason. This is the perfect time to do it.

Feedback Score
    I'd rather see them become dormant in a section of the country, maybe the Pacific Northwest, pull out if they have to, and focus on the plains and east coast. Then turn on volte in those areas. Use their strengths, cut costs to a minimum, maintain the strong areas and promote the fact that they are different. Promote fixed wireless access, open up byop more, and promote open internet policy.

They'd kill it with the right image.
    Don't hold me to it I did hear VoLTE is possible this year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Don't hold me to it I did hear VoLTE is possible this year.

For sprint? Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Their network has got to be already literally baby steps from having volte, with CA and 1x800 working in tandem, if you watch lte discovery when placing a call it's as if they have the tech in place but aren't using it yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickj1399 View Post
    For sprint? Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Sprint is trying when it comes to their Network. FDD carrier aggregation is starting to pop up in alot of places.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Still too easy in my area to go off network. So many places I go and stay and Sprint doesn't have coverage even on half the way there. Tmobile has been building out like crazy though and has coverage now in those areas and road trips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Still too easy in my area to go off network. So many places I go and stay and Sprint doesn't have coverage even on half the way there. Tmobile has been building out like crazy though and has coverage now in those areas and road trips.
    That is one major problem. Sprint needs to atleast get up to at&t coverage. Att has less over all coverage than VZW but, better than Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Sprint needs a buyer, they cannot build their network and pay off their debts. Most potential buyers would rather wait till bankruptcy and pick them up on the cheap.

Feedback Score
    Actually if you want any part of sprint to still be here in a couple years wanting the FCC to block a deal should be the last thing to wish for. Softbanks going to try to merge with TMobile no matter what anyone here thinks about it, if they get a deal done it's going to include a breakup fee. Most likely this will include cash and possibly spectrum as in the att merger attempt. If the FCC blocks it, and sprint is forced to pay that fee and give up spectrum on top of it, I'd suspect SoftBank would just give up and part out sprint. They'd be in a no win situation at that point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Actually if you want any part of sprint to still be here in a couple years wanting the FCC to block a deal should be the last thing to wish for. Softbanks going to try to merge with TMobile no matter what anyone here thinks about it, if they get a deal done it's going to include a breakup fee. Most likely this will include cash and possibly spectrum as in the att merger attempt. If the FCC blocks it, and sprint is forced to pay that fee and give up spectrum on top of it, I'd suspect SoftBank would just give up and part out sprint. They'd be in a no win situation at that point.
    True. That would happen if the merger fails. Now if TMobile tried buying Sprint then Sprint would get the fee.

Feedback Score

Sprint doesn't have the cash to build out, they are not profitable, and at some point will go bankrupt, there is a urgency for a merger.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast