Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I hope the ftc, fcc, whoever blocks a merger

Feedback Score
    Sprint network better than T-Mo? Kidding me right? Here in N. California, Sprint coverage is poor and even with roaming on the big V, one can only talk..no text or let alone internet use. I dealt with Sprint 3-4 years ago and after way too many lies and having to involve Sprint corporate (they took responsibility) over their screwing us over by removing us from SERO and charging us full pop for a iPhone. Even after that mess, they completely lied about getting us into that laughable Framerly program. Even going into their corp stores today is a eye opener with their bottom of the barrel sales reps with surly and don't give a crap attitudes. Seriously, who hires these rejects? Answer: unqualified managers. They are a company in dire need of a total customer service makeover. Fire these fools, hire people who are HONEST and positive and then you might retain some business. Are they fixable? Yes, but not with the people dealing with customers at the local level.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Sprint network better than T-Mo? Kidding me right? Here in N. California, Sprint coverage is poor and even with roaming on the big V, one can only talk..no text or let alone internet use. I dealt with Sprint 3-4 years ago and after way too many lies and having to involve Sprint corporate (they took responsibility) over their screwing us over by removing us from SERO and charging us full pop for a iPhone. Even after that mess, they completely lied about getting us into that laughable Framerly program. Even going into their corp stores today is a eye opener with their bottom of the barrel sales reps with surly and don't give a crap attitudes. Seriously, who hires these rejects? Answer: unqualified managers. They are a company in dire need of a total customer service makeover. Fire these fools, hire people who are HONEST and positive and then you might retain some business. Are they fixable? Yes, but not with the people dealing with customers at the local level.
    Yeah from my experience TMobile coverage is much better than Sprint. Way more reliable also
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score

I hope the ftc, fcc, whoever blocks a merger

Mr. Claure goes to Washington:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansasc...154026384.html

We hope he escapes the swamp.

Feedback Score
    Claure says he told Washington officials about 5G? Maybe he should work on converting Sprint's towers to 4G first.

Geez, I sure hope this merger gets shot down.

Feedback Score
    I hope the merger goes through. But the new third carrier needs to be required to build out their network. They need to cover rural areas. They need to convert Edge and 3G to LTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    I hope the merger goes through. But the new third carrier needs to be required to build out their network. They need to cover rural areas. They need to convert Edge and 3G to LTE.
    If the Merger Happens it will create a new 2nd carrier knocking att to 3rd. More and more of the last remaining 3G towers finally getting LTE. B25 at least is a priority.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    If it happened I wonder how it all would turn out. Would it be somewhat smooth or a straight fiasco?

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    If it happened I wonder how it all would turn out. Would it be somewhat smooth or a straight fiasco?

All it requires is VOLTE. If they can keep all the Spectrum then they just have to add 4,12,66 to Sprint sites and 26,41 to T-Mobile sites. Not sure about how PCS would work since G block is only B25. On cell sites that current have both carriers then one part would be Shutdown. CDMA uses the same equipment as LTE so that's just unplugging it

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dear Softbank, Son, and Sprint;

Please go away! Yes, Sprint needs to merge to be a strong and successful player in US wireless. T-Mobile is already strong and successful and the LAST thing they need is to merge with a weaker entity that offers little except a massive amount of debt.

I'm hopeful for a Dish/TMO merger or even a Comcast/TMO merger. Anything that creates a stronger physical network infrastructure with great content access.

Go home Sprint! T-Mobile doesn't want you!

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Dear Softbank, Son, and Sprint;

Please go away! Yes, Sprint needs to merge to be a strong and successful player in US wireless. T-Mobile is already strong and successful and the LAST thing they need is to merge with a weaker entity that offers little except a massive amount of debt.

I'm hopeful for a Dish/TMO merger or even a Comcast/TMO merger. Anything that creates a stronger physical network infrastructure with great content access.

Go home Sprint! T-Mobile doesn't want you!

So d.t. is being forced into talking to Sprint. Being held at gunpoint. From the sounds of it, d.t. is very interested in Sprint. T-Mobile fanboys are a funny bunch, don't have a thought of their own and live in a world where reality isn't there. Maybe, T-Mobile wants Sprint and doesn't want you. Don't worry, metro pcs will still be there if they merged. You can still get garbage phones at cheap prices from the foreign guys at the metro store on the corner.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    There's also rumors with dish and Amazon. Right now so many rumors going around but nothing happening until they officially announce something.

Sprint/T-Mobile sounds like it could be a bad deal for T-Mobile. I'd rather see a dish T-Mobile deal

Feedback Score
    There's also rumors with dish and Amazon. Right now so many rumors going around but nothing happening until they officially announce something

Here's what I don't get, you're pretty sensible maybe you can help, why does the consumer overly care who merged with who? You got people talking debt, profits, this and that. If d.t. felt buying Sprint was in their best interest why would a T-Mobile customer care? D.T. isn't going to send a bill to them to pay off their debt. Do these same people when they shop at a store look online to see how much debt that store is carrying? Probably not. D.t. is going to do what they feel is best for d.t. whether that be Sprint, dish, Bob's wireless, or whatnot. So why overly care? If a person doesn't like the direction the company is going or if their service is affected they can leave. It's not a marriage. They are a corporation and corporations do what benefits them. Unless a person is a shareholder, why care. Let them do them. It's hilarious reading all the armchair ceos here.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    So d.t. is being forced into talking to Sprint. Being held at gunpoint. From the sounds of it, d.t. is very interested in Sprint. T-Mobile fanboys are a funny bunch, don't have a thought of their own and live in a world where reality isn't there. Maybe, T-Mobile wants Sprint and doesn't want you. Don't worry, metro pcs will still be there if they merged. You can still get garbage phones at cheap prices from the foreign guys at the metro store on the corner.
    What an intelligent response. LOL. I think floating the merger idea helps both party's and might even create other offers and other avenues. I have an opinion and I've expressed it. I'm not alone in thinking that the idea of a Sprint/TMO merger is a bad idea.

Regarding your pathetic comments about my choice of MetroPCS, I actually like my phone, and can easily afford to buy any phone I'd like... in cash. I've purchased $800 phones before, in cash, and I've used postpaid carriers (all of them). I CHOOSE to be a customer of MetroPCS. It fits my needs, as it does for countless other millions. First carrier to offer LTE, first carrier to offer VoLTE, etc. Nothing at all to be ashamed of when using MetroPCS.

I don't think the merger is going to happen, not unless Softbank eats most of the debt. TMO would gain very little when it comes to network infrastructure and the entire Sprint CDMA network would​ need to be shut down.

There's also rumors with dish and Amazon. Right now so many rumors going around but nothing happening until they officially announce something.

Sprint/T-Mobile sounds like it could be a bad deal for T-Mobile. I'd rather see a dish T-Mobile deal
    I agree !!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    What an intelligent response. LOL. I think floating the merger idea helps both party's and might even create other offers and other avenues. I have an opinion and I've expressed it. I'm not alone in thinking that the idea of a Sprint/TMO merger is a bad idea.

Regarding your pathetic comments about my choice of MetroPCS, I actually like my phone, and can easily afford to buy any phone I'd like... in cash. I've purchased $800 phones before, in cash, and I've used postpaid carriers (all of them). I CHOOSE to be a customer of MetroPCS. It fits my needs, as it does for countless other millions. First carrier to offer LTE, first carrier to offer VoLTE, etc. Nothing at all to be ashamed of when using MetroPCS.

I don't think the merger is going to happen, not unless Softbank eats most of the debt. TMO would gain very little when it comes to network infrastructure and the entire Sprint CDMA network would​ need to be shut down.

I agree !!

Most of my responses are intelligent. I'd say Braxton Carter disagrees with your assessment. http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...nt-will-happen

It's all about synergies. But, id expect him to have that train of thought, he's the CFO of a billion dollar corporation, you are? Maybe you should send in a resume to run T-Mobile, you seem to think you can do a better job at it then the people that are there now. This raises another question though, if they truly had no interest in Sprint and wanted them to go away as you originally stated why is their CFO bringing them up by name in an interview? Seems you made up a post on your own personal opinions and stated them as facts. Tisk tisk.

Great, glad you can afford whatever. That way if a merger does happen since you would be totally against it you'll have no issue porting out and going somewhere else to show your disapproval. That'll teach em.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Most of my responses are intelligent. I'd say Braxton Carter disagrees with your assessment. http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...nt-will-happen

It's all about synergies. But, if expect him to have that train of thought, he's the CFO of a billion dollar corporation, you are?
    "Most" of your responses? Well, then I can see how the previous one fell under the category of those that are NOT. Haha. Just kidding. But, I'll not argue with you. We have a difference of opinion and that's fine. As I've said, I'm not alone in my opinion and neither are you. You've dug up a comment from a billionaire CFO that thinks it's a good idea? Oh, we know that billionaire CFO's are never wrong, like when Bill Gates said nobody would ever need more than 1mb of memory or that he didn't see much of a future use for the internet. Haha.

But, I understand your comments and your position. Only time will tell. It would be a good deal for Son and Sprint and it's what he's wanted ever since he purchased Sprint only to watch TMO succeed wildly.

I just think that a Dish/TMO option or even Comcast/TMO would be a better deal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast