Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: I hope the ftc, fcc, whoever blocks a merger

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Any and all things Sprint related need to be removed from any possible merger. Seriously!

Is DT savvy enough to purchase Sprint with house money basically, and then merge or be purchased by the likes of Dish or Charter as another posted alluded to?

Now that would be insane!!!
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5 - Nexus 7 2013 tablet
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Sprint's wounds are all self-inflicted. They've fallen a long way and the "year of free service" that they can't even seem to get right (based on reports of massive difficulties people are having signing up for it) shows the level of their desperation. For Sprint, any sort of lifeline, whether it be a merger or a big cash infusion of some sort, is a great thing.

But for T-Mobile, I don't see where it makes sense. They have a huge amount of momentum and taking on the remnants of a company that has been bleeding cash for a decade doesn't seem to make sense. If and when Sprint goes bankrupt, T-Mobile would get most of their customers anyway. I guess the spectrum that Sprint has is the big prize and that's likely the main reason DT is pursuing it. But how much of that spectrum will they have to give up to satisfy the Feds?
    T-Mobile has every reason in the world to move on this - A stock only NO COST deal - a gem. THIRTY BILLION in savings - a gem. BOATLOADS of spectrum (even when the Feds make them sell some) - a gem. Complete control over the merged company - a gem. A tier 1 fiber network to carry their data - a gem.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here's what they do:

T-Mobile and Sprint merge, T-Mobile trades Band 41 to AT&T for more low band spectrum. AT&T would use 41 in Cities as in Downtown Portland Sprint's 41 yields higher speeds than AT&T's Band 2 15x15.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    My three phones are all older ones with no GSM capability. They have single band (25) LTE, but don't even have ICCID "SIMs". The newest one is a Galaxy S3. They work fine for tethering and glovebox phones. The S3 is the only one that cost much. It was $130. The others were $30 and $18.
    How can you have an honest and fair opinion of Sprint when you have old outdated phones

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Seriously if Sprint is allowed to merge with T-Mobile, who would replace Sprint as the butt of all jokes in telecom? Sprint is the perfect carrier to make all other carriers look better. They successfully lower the curve simply by existing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Seriously if Sprint is allowed to merge with T-Mobile, who would replace Sprint as the butt of all jokes in telecom? Sprint is the perfect carrier to make all other carriers look better. They successfully lower the curve simply by existing.
    But...but... they're within 1% of everyone else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jed_srq View Post
    How can you have an honest and fair opinion of Sprint when you have old outdated phones
    I was completely fair and honest in pointing out that there are still Sprint phones out there that do not have GSM or T-Mo bands.

I don't have any illusion that T-Mo or Sprint give a flying fig about my old phones.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Now if we had a crystal ball and it showed that Sprint would still be struggling a few years from now i could warm up to the idea.

I hope John legere would stay and run the show
    Sent from my windows phone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5