Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can you sue for unlocks?

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score

Can you sue for unlocks?

hmm.. I'm currently in a lawsuit (small claims) with apple for the fact that I don't have a simple account username/password for a verizon/straighttalk 5s.. (Icloud locked) I'm not sure I'll win..? but yah I do have a good chance.. my damages I think are $150 claim.. (cost of a new phone) but otherwise like apple intended.. this iphone 5s is a paperweight.. and worth $30 on ebay as-is (I paid $120 in a bad facebook deal )

Tonight I also purchased a total wireless iphone 32 gb SE $160 (walmart) I didn't know if this would work or not..? I have verizon service (redpocket) and total wireless is verizon.. but no.. basically the phone works.. but if I put in my redpocket card f#@%@# you! and do not pass go, do not collect $200! 2#%@#%!! (now in truth total wireless should be the one I sue? I guess? but I don't know what states there in? thanks to the apple store.. apple is in every state! )

Now what I'm really curious about.. is if I could sue apple for the fact that my phone is basically useless on verizon network thanks to their software!! (I mean obviously apple does this "locking" stuff for their customer total wireless) I think if I tell the judge this $200-400 phone is unusable on verizon wireless thanks to a piece of software that apple installed etc. well I think I could win that too, maybe? and get a judgment for $450 which is about what a verizon iphone se costs on their website... apple making 800 billion a quarter.. can definitely afford to pay out I mean definitely if apple just fix's the software/"lock" on the phone.. I don't care if they pay out but most likely this is a small claims court with judgments up to $500 ahh so most likely just buying me off is all they'd do.. assuming they'd lose which is at least highly probable..? maybe..

I mean honestly why shouldn't we sue these [email protected]@holes there the one that created all this stupid s$it.. where I can't just buy 1 phone that works on all 4+ networks... or one could say the republicans did it.. cause only the democrats keep the FCC being nice to americans...

Feedback Score
    They are locked to the provider because the providers give a discount on the handset for you to sign up for service with them. Why do you think you were able to buy a $399 phone for $160? You have no leg to stand on. Buy the unlocked version if you want to use it on whatever network provider you please.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes like the poster above said. All Straightalk/Total wireless phones are locked to their respective company's. It will take 1 year of service for it to be unlocked.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jb82 View Post
    They are locked to the provider because the providers give a discount on the handset for you to sign up for service with them. Why do you think you were able to buy a $399 phone for $160? You have no leg to stand on. Buy the unlocked version if you want to use it on whatever network provider you please.
    Think you're wrong.. after lawsuit #1 I'll probably initiate lawsuit #2.. you're not really into the mind of a "small claims court judge" he doesn't give a s#$t about total wireless's discount on a apple phone (and just imagine a lawyer?? arguing this to a small claims court judge.. probably not even possible) so unless he gives me [email protected]# for buying my phone at walmart instead of the apple store? I do think it's a easy win.. but I won't know for a while.. got to win or lose my first lawsuit..

After I win or lose my 1st/2nd lawsuit.. I'll draw up the thread with verdict.. I also have a ace in the hole.. aka a psychic can tell me if I'm wasting my time or not? so I will probably base some decisions on that information first too... but yah I'd like to own a iphone se for $162.. and yah actually because I don't think outcomes of apple fixing it (software) is even possible? so really I'll just end up with 2 phones.. 1 bought by apple.. one I have to sell I guess? but I would encourage many of you to sue these companies more in small claims.. because they are [email protected]#ing slimy as hell (but it definitely takes some work and dedication.. which is why probably most of you have never sued once)

just found out this evening my sprint iphone 5s which I thought was gsm unlocked? (and is) but is allowing my verzion red pocket sim too which is a surprise.. and yah 3g/lte is working.. now that was unexpected..
    Last edited by theemaster; 05-16-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I know this isn't the point of this thread, but could someone provide me a link to purchase "a total wireless iphone 32 gb SE $160 (walmart)" mentioned in the first post? Maybe my search skills are failing, but I can't seem to find it on walmart.com.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    The lawsuit should be against the provider StraightTalk or Total Wireless not the manufacturer Apple.

Apple would have sold you an unlocked iPhone but not at the price of the provider.

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post
    ... I also have a ace in the hole.. aka a psychic can tell me if I'm wasting my time or not? so I will probably base some decisions on that information first too...
    I now understand this thread...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    You bought the phone under the carriers terms of service. The judge would see that and throw it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Carrier(s)
    ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    Of course you can sue.
    Wrong question.
    "Can you win?" should have been the question you should have asked.

Feedback Score
    Sue-happy people, having nothing better to do with their lives.
    Plus they think that they are entitled to free stuff (or at minimum half price) just because...

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately for the company you might win even though you're wrong.

But if you end up with a judge who understands that the locked phones are subsidized by the locking carrier, he/she will crush you and make you pay the company's costs.

I know if I was the judge I would.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    i now understand this thread...
    +1 rotflol

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    One line from the Total Wireless website about unlocking policy:

Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported.

If you can't meet the Terms of Service you don't get it unlocked. Seems simple enough.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    +1 rotflol
    +2 rotflol

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post