Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: What is the cheapest way to extend Tracfone service time?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0

    What is the cheapest way to extend Tracfone service time?

    The best I see is $20 for 90 days.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,511
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    The best I see is $20 for 90 days.
    Add any refill to your cart, add the $50 upgrade option that should appear, remove the first item, then checkout. This has been reported by others in various multiple posts. $50 for 1 year is cheaper per day than the $20 for 90 days, but it is service time only.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,044
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    The best I see is $20 for 90 days.
    Buy something online at your online TF account. A $10 30 minute card will do. $10 1GB data may work. When you check out you will be offered a year of service for $50. That is service time only, no units.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    As suggested in other threads on this forum, I tried to add the $10 30 minute card, then add the $50 1 year add on, then delete the $10 30 minute card to try to add 1 year of service without adding minutes. There was no feature to do this on the Tracfone app. When I tried this online, it would allow me to delete the $10 30 minute card, but the transaction would not go through with only the $50 1 year add on as the only purchase.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,044
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    As suggested in other threads on this forum, I tried to add the $10 30 minute card, then add the $50 1 year add on, then delete the $10 30 minute card to try to add 1 year of service without adding minutes. There was no feature to do this on the Tracfone app. When I tried this online, it would allow me to delete the $10 30 minute card, but the transaction would not go through with only the $50 1 year add on as the only purchase.
    They closed that loophole.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,043
    Feedback Score
    0
    In that case, buy $5 text refill or $10 data refill for $5/month average cost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    As suggested in other threads on this forum, I tried to add the $10 30 minute card, then add the $50 1 year add on, then delete the $10 30 minute card to try to add 1 year of service without adding minutes. There was no feature to do this on the Tracfone app. When I tried this online, it would allow me to delete the $10 30 minute card, but the transaction would not go through with only the $50 1 year add on as the only purchase.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    I tried putting in a card, adding the upgrade option and removing the card. It wouldn't take the order.

    But this is still a good way to go with a cheap card.

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    This company's systems are terrible. Every time I login I get a message that my service was deactivated a year ago and that I can reactivate it. I took care of that a year ago.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,043
    Feedback Score
    0
    Doesn't happen for everyone, so something unique to your account. See if chat can fix it or have someone look into it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    This company's systems are terrible. Every time I login I get a message that my service was deactivated a year ago and that I can reactivate it. I took care of that a year ago.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    96
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    The best I see is $20 for 90 days.
    Under basic plans there is a $10 card for 30 minutes, 30 days.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Doesn't happen for everyone, so something unique to your account. See if chat can fix it or have someone look into it.
    Most people probably use their phone often enough that it doesn't get deactivated. My phone was deactivated last year and I reactivated it. Even though I get a message saying my service was deactivated last year and needs to be reactivated it is actually active now.

    It would be nice not to get that message but it isn't worth dealing with their CS to try and get that fixed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    Under basic plans there is a $10 card for 30 minutes, 30 days.
    Yeah, I guess I should have said cheapest per month.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,511
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    Yeah, I guess I should have said cheapest per month.
    Then, as mentioned above, it would be adding a $5 text plan and the $50 for 1 year add-on. $55 for the year. $4.58/mo. Plus applicable taxes/fees.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    455
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Boom,Tracfone Verizon BYOP, Selectel, Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Are there taxes / fees on the $50 1 year add-on purchase ?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,573
    Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    Are there taxes / fees on the $50 1 year add-on purchase ?
    Depends on your location. Only sales taxes are normally charged that I've seen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 08:30 PM
  3. What is the cheapest way to get a verizon phone?
    By volleygirlrd in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 02:30 PM
  4. What is the cheapest way to sync?
    By jc185ms in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 11:46 PM
  5. what is the cheapest way to keep a number?
    By spawn in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 07:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks