Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Xfinity Mobile

Feedback Score
    I doubt they'll lower prices, but I can see them offering a more competitive mid-tier price. Maybe even offer discounts on other Xfinity services to offset the cost. Something like add a higher cable package for extra monthly data. Perhaps in the future they'll zero-rate on-demand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    has anyone found a way to avoid buying phones from them, perhaps buying and returning later after putting in the sim in your phone
    "When you return a phone—instead of exchanging it—after it's been activated, it will automatically cancel the line associated with that phone. This means the number will be lost. If the phone has not been activated, no line is associated with it, so no worries on losing a number."

I suppose if you manage to activate on a non-Xfinity phone, you could presumably keep your line active.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    It is also worth noting that the $45 Unlimited rate is being advertised as a promotional rate, that it will increase to the normal rate or $65 in July. I'm curious why you think the Unlimited price will drop, other than the fact that multiple Unlimited lines end up costing more than Verizon.
    What's the point of a one month promo rate? As a bonus, I'd expect BYOD to appear only after July so you'd have to pay $65 for BYOD if Comcast doesn't make $45 the permanent rate. Lousy deal imo.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    What's the point of a one month promo rate? As a bonus, I'd expect BYOD to appear only after July so you'd have to pay $65 for BYOD if Comcast doesn't make $45 the permanent rate. Lousy deal imo.
    Sorry I didn't put enough information in that post. If you move to Xfinity Mobile on the Unlimited plan before July 31, you can keep the $45/month plan for 24 months. After 24 months the rate changes to the full Unlimited Plan cost, whatever Comcast is charging in 2 years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So, per one of the previous posts, if I activate an iPhone in the PPU plan, I can call and get it unlocked pretty much immediately? Be nice to sim swap.
    - acadiel

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have Xfinity broadband and TV at home. I understand at this point Xfinity doesn't support VoLTE. Looks like Xfinity charges $12 per Gigabyte for data under one plan. Now if I am at home using my phone over WiFi for data that I pay Xfinity for broadband would I also get charged in that case under Xfinity phone data Plan? The scary part is Xfinity has WiFi that I can see at home on my phone's WiFi Analyzer App. I sure wouldn't want to get double charged at home for data by Xfinity if it came from my home broadband or their WiFi that is showing in my house as the Xfinity Network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I didn't put enough information in that post. If you move to Xfinity Mobile on the Unlimited plan before July 31, you can keep the $45/month plan for 24 months. After 24 months the rate changes to the full Unlimited Plan cost, whatever Comcast is charging in 2 years.
    Ok, that's better. Thanks.

Their not doing BYOD due to "support issues" makes no sense in the case of BYOD for a phone already on their list (like an iPhone). I assume it's just a way to force a profitable phone sale.

One thing that's unclear is how you tweak features like VOLTE, since the Verizon app presumably wouldn't work.

Feedback Score

Their not doing BYOD due to "support issues" makes no sense in the case of BYOD for a phone already on their list (like an iPhone). I assume it's just a way to force a profitable phone sale.

One thing that's unclear is how you tweak features like VOLTE, since the Verizon app presumably wouldn't work.
    You don't need an app for VoLTE on any carrier

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    You don't need an app for VoLTE on any carrier
    I recall having to use the Verizon app to turn on VoLTE for my line. Of course the app was unnecessary to actually use VoLTE once enabled.

Feedback Score
    I recall having to use the Verizon app to turn on VoLTE for my line. Of course the app was unnecessary to actually use VoLTE once enabled.
    That might be device specific, I phones there is an option in menu as long as the carrier supports it

Feedback Score
    Is there volte on the xfinity

I am told by reps it is

Feedback Score
    VoLTE is a line feature called HD Voice on verizon. IDK if iphones have the power to add it themselves.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score

I talked to a support agent via chat about when BYOD might be available. This chat guy tried seriously telling me that Xfinity devices work differently and a normal carrier phone, even unlocked, won't work on their service because of it -- including the iPhone. I was tempted to take issue with his answer but decided it wasn't worth my time. I'm sorry, Apple doesn't change the stock iPhone for any carrier, there is no way Comcast got a special software build and that a normal Verizon iPhone won't work on the service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry, Apple doesn't change the stock iPhone for any carrier, there is no way Comcast got a special software build and that a normal Verizon iPhone won't work on the service.
    I know my phone would work since I currently use Verizon Prepaid, but not if Comcast locks the sim to the phone you're forced to buy from them.

Feedback Score
    The phone is locked, not the sim. Sim can be put in any unlocked device

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast