Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Xfinity Mobile

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't had any problems with all circuits are busy to Cricket users. I did spend over 15 years as a CO/MSO tech, and can say that that type of issue is one of the hardest things for an MVNO to troubleshoot, as they don't have access to the switch that is sending your calls to a maintenance trunk, that is the sort of thing that you want to run a translation verification on, and only somebody with access to the switch can do that.

As for the iPhone lock, it is locked to Xfinity Mobile, and will not take a Verizon SIM as it comes. I got my daughters unlocked, I simply called in, explained that the phone would need to be used overseas with a foreign SIM, and would need it unlocked. They submitted a ticket, and a week and a half later I got a voice mail from second tier, and the phone was unlocked.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ and Ipad Mini 4 + Iphone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid :), T-mobile :( , Cricket :[ , Xfinity Mobile by Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i followed up on my ticket for all circuit are busy and now it affecting tmobile user and att users i call lol. they are telling nothing has been done on my ticket.

"Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"
    Xfi-Mobile by VZW $45
    Unlimited 4G LTE
    Unlimited Talk & Text
    VOLTE
    Comcast Wifi Hotspot
    20 GB of LTE
    No Wi-Fi calling
    NO Mobile hotspot :/

AT&T WIRELESS, SPRINT PCS, T-MOBILE USA, at&t, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile from 2/2017 - 5/2017 (Service is ****** in Florida, South Carolina :/) Cricket 5/17 - 6/17, Xfinity Mobile 6/17 - Present.

Feedback Score
    Has anybody been able to properly set up voicemail on a BYOD iPhone? I bought the LG xpower for my wife's line but placed the Sim in her unlocked iPhone 6s. Everything else works fine. I've read that it would've worked if I had purchased something like an IPhone SE as the account would've been configured properly. She's not opposed to checking the old fashioned way by dialing in but I'm not able to change the pin using her iPhone or the xpower. BYOD isn't supported so I'm reluctant to involve support at all. Just wondering if there are any tricks I'm missing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haddy17 View Post
    Has anybody been able to properly set up voicemail on a BYOD iPhone? I bought the LG xpower for my wife's line but placed the Sim in her unlocked iPhone 6s. Everything else works fine. I've read that it would've worked if I had purchased something like an IPhone SE as the account would've been configured properly. She's not opposed to checking the old fashioned way by dialing in but I'm not able to change the pin using her iPhone or the xpower. BYOD isn't supported so I'm reluctant to involve support at all. Just wondering if there are any tricks I'm missing.
    No. I'm currently working on this, as well -- though in my case I bought an X Power and (largely for this reason) decided to switch to an SE. Basically, the phone line needs to be reprovisioned for an iPhone. I originally got my SE a week ago, which arrived with a bad screen, got the replacement on Monday (which has distortion in the headset speaker) and called in that night because I needed that line reprovisioned for my iPhone. He was unable to do the reprovisioning, he said a higher level tech needed to do it and he'd escalate my ticket.

Tuesday I received notice that XM had received both the X Power and the original iPhone back at the warehouse, and that once checked I'd receive credit for them (no further emails, so apparently they still have not been checked). Yesterday I called back in, apparently my ticket to get the phone reprovisioned has still not been looked at -- it is still waiting for Tier 3 (I believe he stated) to work on it, so I still don't have working Voicemail or VoLTE. Looking at my account now, it still shows the X Power and not the iPhone. It is a joke, to me, that it has taken a week -- and still counting -- for them to reprovision my account for an iPhone. This is something they should have first level techs doing, and doing in less than 5 minutes. In fact, it is something they should have on their website where you can do it yourself.

Feedback Score
    Oh man... Are you in for a treat. I originally ordered my devices online and paid for expedited shipping. What ensued over the course of the next 3 and a half weeks can be described as nothing other than a giant **** show. THE ONLY reason I'm a current XM customer is due to the fact that I finally did what I should've done in the first place and went to an actual Xfinity storefront. The manager there was able to undo all the madness, cancel and refund my order and then allowed me to purchase devices in store. The thing I keep kicking myself for is the fact that I had already made a personal rule to never do business with the online or telephone flavors of Comcast. I've been a customer in varying capacities for about 15 years now and I've learned that the online, phone center and storefront versions may as well be entirely separate companies. In this case, I was so impatient (the storefront wasn't able to offer XM for another couple of weeks) that I strayed from my moral code. All that being said, I've experienced nothing short of outstanding customer service in the storefronts. The moral of my rambling story is that it may not be too late for you to go to a store if there's one close in order to tame the horse****ery and get what you need. Let me know when you've received the SE and if everything worked out please.

Feedback Score
    Me no either, even though I did not swap phones, did not move the XM SIM to a different phone from the X-Power. The problem still exists after I moved the SIM to the LG V20 US966 bought from Amazon. I could use the XM Visual Voicemail app to manage the voicemails, though. I submitted a support ticket 3 weeks ago but it went to Jupiter by now I think because no XM support reps have contacted me like I was told by them that they would.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Oh man... Are you in for a treat. I originally ordered my devices online and paid for expedited shipping. What ensued over the course of the next 3 and a half weeks can be described as nothing other than a giant **** show. THE ONLY reason I'm a current XM customer is due to the fact that I finally did what I should've done in the first place and went to an actual Xfinity storefront. The manager there was able to undo all the madness, cancel and refund my order and then allowed me to purchase devices in store. The thing I keep kicking myself for is the fact that I had already made a personal rule to never do business with the online or telephone flavors of Comcast. I've been a customer in varying capacities for about 15 years now and I've learned that the online, phone center and storefront versions may as well be entirely separate companies. In this case, I was so impatient (the storefront wasn't able to offer XM for another couple of weeks) that I strayed from my moral code. All that being said, I've experienced nothing short of outstanding customer service in the storefronts. The moral of my rambling story is that it may not be too late for you to go to a store if there's one close in order to tame the horse****ery and get what you need. Let me know when you've received the SE and if everything worked out please.
    You're lucky, in my area the stores do not yet offer the XM service, they're supposed to start sometime in August. I did try to get a store to help me out, and they did try; unfortunately, all they could do is call the phone support line.

After not hearing back on my ticket, I finally called back in today. The tech claimed everything looked good on his side. He then decided I needed a new SIM, that there was an issue with the old SIM, maybe some initial setup that could not be changed (since it was originally used in the X Power). Since I had another XM SIM card, we tried it. Not only did it not fix my issue but now I have no service, at all. The call was escalated to Tier 2. He was also unable to find an issue, despite spending over an hour on the phone -- everything he could see on their side showed it should be working. I've now been escalated to Tier 3, but he told me there is typically a 72 hour wait to hear back from them. Worse, Tier 3 does not work (at least from what they believed) on the weekends. So, I'm likely looking at 5 days without my XM phone working. And this is assuming that I actually hear back from them.

I'm not happy, then again, after a month and a half it is more of a Black Comedy to me -- I just have to laugh. Fortunately, this phone line is largely a back up at this point (since I've had no voicemail or VoLTE), so I can live without the line, if I have to. From what I can tell, the service is great just so long as you don't need the help of phone/text/chat support; of course, without needing support you are basically just getting Verizon service.

Device(s)
    S8+ & Pixel
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Just FYI, most of the phones are now on sale.

The LG X is $1 total or .04 cents per month on payments
    iPhone 6S $250
    S8 is $532

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
    Just FYI, most of the phones are now on sale.

The LG X is $1 total or .04 cents per month on payments
    iPhone 6S $250
    S8 is $532
    Basically, it appears their is a $200 discount on all phones.

Device(s)
    S8+ & Pixel
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Basically, it appears their is a $200 discount on all phones.
    I suppose, but the S8 has been $532 for awhile. The main deal is you can get in free without buying a phone. I bought LG X 3 months ago and pay $6 per month for it. I swapped sim to iPhone as soon as I got it and it works great...so basically anyone can now get the X and BYOD!

I use it as a home phone basically and have used no data in my time there...monthly bill about $8.65 including device payment, taxes and fees.

Feedback Score
    Does moving the Sim to a non Xfinity phone still allow it to automatically connect to various Xfinity hotspots?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Does moving the Sim to a non Xfinity phone still allow it to automatically connect to various Xfinity hotspots?
    Yes, you don't even need Xfinity Mobile for that. The Xfinity hotpots is done through the Xfinity WiFi app, and anyone that has Xfinity Internet at home can use the app.

Feedback Score
    So, a sim change from the cheap lg phone to another android phone should work and bill ok? Thinking of changing from vzw gudp. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Yes, you don't even need Xfinity Mobile for that. The Xfinity hotpots is done through the Xfinity WiFi app, and anyone that has Xfinity Internet at home can use the app.
    Thank you!

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Actually, I don't think you even need the xfinity app installed. Just connect to an xfinity hotspot once (they all have the same SSID), and then you will connect to them automatically when you are out. I stopped install the xfinity app, as it seemed like its only real purpose was to tell me where the hotspots were.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast