Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Xfinity Mobile

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman0222 View Post
    I placed an order for an iPhone their system says haven't been shipped, but I have received my phone already and the money was taken from my account??? No one at Xfinity seems to know how to tell the system to update that I have my phone. I have tried to get this Iphone activated with no successes. Has anyone else had this issue and did it get resolved.. they are telling me that its stuck at pending or processing something like that. I may have to send the phone back which was a gift to my daughter, I don't believe its a problem with the phone rather their system.... This has been the worst experience ... HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A similar issue
    I would not send the phone back. Your asking for trouble getting credit if they don't acknowledge you even have it. Did you escalate with a ticket. If not, tell the rep to escalate and wait for them to sort it out. I had trouble getting my port complete so I could activate. The reps never offered to escalate so I finally had to push it and get a ticket. 4 hours later my phone was activated.

Feedback Score
    I need help. I purchased an LG X Power and swapped the sim into a Verizon iPhone 6s Plus. It didn't work so I called Xfinity Mobile and asked them to reprovision the SIM card from android to Apple for the iPhone and the rep on the phone said he wasn't able to. What should I do going forward?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceBK View Post
    I need help. I purchased an LG X Power and swapped the sim into a Verizon iPhone 6s Plus. It didn't work so I called Xfinity Mobile and asked them to reprovision the SIM card from android to Apple for the iPhone and the rep on the phone said he wasn't able to. What should I do going forward?
    Did you first activate the LG X Power with SIM in it?

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceBK View Post
    What did not work? Be specific. If you activated the sim in the lg, it will work in the Iphone unless the Iphone is locked or blacklisted. Maybe some functions like voicemail won't work, but the phone should work fine.

Feedback Score
    I activated one with the X Power. Maybe I shouldn't have done that? I'll try the other one in a few but when I put the sim that was loaded up on the X Power into my iPhone, I get this message "Could not activate cellular data network, turn on cellular data or use WiFi to access data.

Feedback Score
    Nevermind, just did a little googling and it's working lol

Feedback Score
    Couple Questions

Thinking about moving over to Xfinity. In this day and age with all the spam / robo callers I find that the optional NAME CALLER ID that Verizon post pay offers for $2.99 is worth every penny to me. It really helps to decipher who's really calling. I know with VZW pre-pay its not available as an option and to the best of my knowledge most MVNO's dont offer it either....

Lastly Im a snowbird with an active Comcast internet account in Florida, Has anyone ever successfully used an alternate "ship to" address (like NJ) other than the actual Comcast service address ?

Thanks !!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wr2m View Post
    Couple Questions

Thinking about moving over to Xfinity. In this day and age with all the spam / robo callers I find that the optional NAME CALLER ID that Verizon post pay offers for $2.99 is worth every penny to me. It really helps to decipher who's really calling. I know with VZW pre-pay its not available as an option and to the best of my knowledge most MVNO's dont offer it either....

Lastly Im a snowbird with an active Comcast internet account in Florida, Has anyone ever successfully used an alternate "ship to" address (like NJ) other than the actual Comcast service address ?

Thanks !!
    You can get name caller ID with various third-party apps like Hiya or Truecaller, they run the same service for the big carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    You can get name caller ID with various third-party apps like Hiya or Truecaller, they run the same service for the big carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile.
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks !!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wr2m View Post
    Couple Questions

Thanks !!
    Yup, I had two phones shipped to my daughter in San Diego based on my Xfinity service in Northern California. No problemo.

Feedback Score

Reprovision Line for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Call support and ask them to reprovision your phone as an iPhone, rather than an Android, in RSSX. My experience is support realizes that people are moving the SIM cards to other phones, and they'll typically agree to reprovision the SIM for you, just that it will take a few days as not that many support reps know how to do it or have access to RSSX -- not even all Level 2 techs.

Any trick to doing this? I've spoken with 3 different reps now, all have taken the hard line and responded with "we don't support bringing your own device." They won't even send a ticket to tier II. I wonder if i'm too late to the game. I've heard many reasons or theories as to why XM won't initially support BYOD, but none of them really make sense. If someone has the ability to reprovision the line... why not?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haddy17 View Post
    Any trick to doing this? I've spoken with 3 different reps now, all have taken the hard line and responded with "we don't support bringing your own device." They won't even send a ticket to tier II. I wonder if i'm too late to the game. I've heard many reasons or theories as to why XM won't initially support BYOD, but none of them really make sense. If someone has the ability to reprovision the line... why not?
    I'm not sure what is up with that, other than they are so overloaded right now they have restricted requests that aren't directly related to the phones you have bought from them. It seems hold times have gotten much worse recently -- as bad as they were back in June. I have a ticket that was escalated to level 2 support that, from what I was told last night, has still not been looked at despite being escalated 10 days ago.

I'm curious what is going on, since I know they hired quite a bit of extra staff in August. Are they really growing their mobile service that quickly, or do they just have that many people quitting because of all the issues -- particularly when they don't give the reps the power to fix anything beyond the most basic of problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    I'm not sure what is up with that, other than they are so overloaded right now they have restricted requests that aren't directly related to the phones you have bought from them. It seems hold times have gotten much worse recently -- as bad as they were back in June. I have a ticket that was escalated to level 2 support that, from what I was told last night, has still not been looked at despite being escalated 10 days ago.

I'm curious what is going on, since I know they hired quite a bit of extra staff in August. Are they really growing their mobile service that quickly, or do they just have that many people quitting because of all the issues -- particularly when they don't give the reps the power to fix anything beyond the most basic of problems.
    With a LG X-Charge being available for $1 and iPhone 6s for $250, I am sure they would have had lot of takers. When I tried to chat, the chat message windows had 140 callers ahead of me. The phone call had a wait time of half hour early in the morning at 8 AM.

But now that $200 off phone is gone, maybe the volume will be much lower.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Nexus 5X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    With a LG X-Charge being available for $1 and iPhone 6s for $250, I am sure they would have had lot of takers. When I tried to chat, the chat message windows had 140 callers ahead of me. The phone call had a wait time of half hour early in the morning at 8 AM.

But now that $200 off phone is gone, maybe the volume will be much lower.
    Only after they get more reps. The issue is not solely new customers, but that they apparently have so many now.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    I tried to call today with a question, and the recording said the wait time would be 50 to 75 minutes. I did not bother waiting (issue wasn't that serious). I called Comcast instead, and when the recording asked if it was about Xfinity Mobile, I said NO (did not want to be transferred back there), and got a rep almost right away. Fortunately, she was able to answer my question.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast