Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score

"Verizon: 'Just over 50%' of our spectrum is being used for LTE"

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wirele...g-used-for-lte

This part's interesting:

T-Mobile CEO John Legere said last month that the increased traffic sparked by the new plans had slowed Verizon’s network speeds, however. Citing data from Ookla’s Speedtest app, Legere said Verizon’s network speeds were 14% slower in the weeks after it launched unlimited, while T-Mobile saw a 10% bump in speed.

Verizon CEO Matt Ellis didn’t directly refute that charge this morning, but he did say the network has been up to the task of unlimited.

“The network’s performing great,” Ellis told attendees at an investors conference. “It’s performing as we expected when we decided to launch unlimited.
    So it's true. Verizon HAS slowed down after the relaunch of unlimited.

Hopefully this forces them to accelerate their refarming of their 850 MHz spectrum, especially in markets like mine (Hampton Roads), where they own the entire 850 MHz spectrum band. We have several areas with severe congestion, which is a travesty when Verizon has so much Band 5 sitting unused.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post

This part's interesting:

Hopefully this forces them to accelerate their refarming of their 850 MHz spectrum, especially in markets like mine (Hampton Roads), where they own the entire 850 MHz spectrum band. We have several areas with severe congestion, which is a travesty when Verizon has so much Band 5 sitting unused.
    TMobile is only faster cause they have less customers. VZW 140 million T-Mobile 70 million. If TMobile had 140 million they would slow down.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm getting 2 down on band 4 so it's definitely slow right now
    Sent from my windows phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    TMobile is only faster cause they have less customers. VZW 140 million T-Mobile 70 million. If TMobile had 140 million they would slow down.

Very true! Majority of people do not think about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s, Ipad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score

Agree and not to mention verizon only claimed you would get between 5-12 mb/s for the speeds so most people are much higher than that anyway. Will be interesting to see how the 5g is since it is rumored to be more efficient.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm noticing Verizon call quality is very good these days even on one of my older droids. Speeds are getting bogged down but I'm happy about the call quality

Feedback Score

"Verizon: 'Just over 50%' of our spectrum is being used for LTE"

Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post

This part's interesting:

It's been a concern of ours for quite some time. Verizon rather go broke spending tons of money on densification than buying spectrum. They skipped on AWS-3 in many major markets so their claim that 50% of their spectrum used is just totally false ( especially in those areas). It's mind boggling to me that they aren't interested in dish mid band spectrum ( which would alleviate congestion in the areas that have slowed down).

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    It's been a concern of ours for quite some time. Verizon rather go broke spending tons of money on densification than buying spectrum. They skipped on AWS-3 in many major markets so their claim that 50% of their spectrum used is just totally false ( especially in those areas). It's mind boggling to me that they aren't interested in dish mid band spectrum ( which would alleviate congestion in the areas that have slowed down).
    I moved not too long ago to hampton roads and today was getting just over 2 down on band 4. They are definitely getting bogged down. Quite a few military bases in the area and it seems like a lot of Verizon customer here from what I have seen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I moved not too long ago to hampton roads and today was getting just over 2 down on band 4. They are definitely getting bogged down
    VZW needs to do 4x2 4x4 mimo and, 256qam.

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    It's a pretty busy area. Att seems generally faster but it's data seems to time out a little more. So far att has been fast and not as reliable, while Verizon has been not as fast but more reliable

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    AT&T took the 2017 Hampton Roads RootMetrics crown from Verizon because of how bogged down Verizon is getting: http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootsco...ads-va/2017/1H

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe it since my att line cooks and I don't even have all the bands like 29 and 30. Both seem strong coverage wise just bogging type issues

Also, I like att spectrum position better than Verizon overall

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I believe it since my att line cooks and I don't even have all the bands like 29 and 30. Both seem strong coverage wise just bogging type issues

Also, I like att spectrum position better than Verizon overall
    VZW is in 3rd place on holdings.

Feedback Score
    VZW is in 3rd place on holdings.

They are in 3rd place and have the biggest customer base, they need the capacity at&t has nationwide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    They are in 3rd place and have the biggest customer base, they need the capacity at&t has nationwide.
    Their is another round of PCS Spectrum swap between uscc ,att, Sprint and, VZW. Maybe contigous blocks will help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast