Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comcast Opens Enrollment For Its Mobile Plans With $45 Unlimited Offer

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I order the LG phone and not get the data package will I just pay for taxes and fees?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by realjet View Post
    If I order the LG phone and not get the data package will I just pay for taxes and fees?
    If you opt for the "by the gig" plan, and the cumulative total for all of your XM phones is less than 100MB data for your monthly billing cycle, then taxes/fees is all you pay. If you go over 99MB, then you are charged $12 for the first GB. I don't think you can carry over any unused portion of that gig. All month-to-month. I'm waiting for October 1 for my first bill to determine just what tax/fees amount to. Of course if one reads the fine print, any/all aspects of the plans are subject to change at XM discretion.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneL56 View Post
    If you opt for the "by the gig" plan, and the cumulative total for all of your XM phones is less than 100MB data for your monthly billing cycle, then taxes/fees is all you pay. If you go over 99MB, then you are charged $12 for the first GB. I don't think you can carry over any unused portion of that gig. All month-to-month. I'm waiting for October 1 for my first bill to determine just what tax/fees amount to. Of course if one reads the fine print, any/all aspects of the plans are subject to change at XM discretion.
    Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoV3-Slut View Post
    GeneL56, Yes, it's my understanding as well, however, there is still tax/fees levied on active lines -- even if you use 0MB. I'm curious how long you can keep your two inactive lines inactive. Please provide an update here if anything happens to your two inactive lines -- that wasn't of your own doing of course.

Incidentally, when do you think you'll activate (port over) your own numbers to your two inactive lines?
    Received my first billing statement. Taxes/fees/911 surcharges ARE levied for each phone, whether in Pending or Active status. I called customer service, "Billing" option, to confirm 888-936-4968 and yes, the billing is correct. However, because this "policy" was/is not clearly stated, they volunteered to refund my first month's charges of $9. This covers my three phones, two are Pending, one is Active (with no data used).

UPDATE: To be clear, the $9 waiver was for one month only, going forward I would have to pay for each phone, active or pending.

Subsequent to the above call to CS "Billing", I called back on the same number but did not select "Billing", rather just stayed on the line until a CS rep answered. She was able to "deactivate the pending" status of one of my three phones, "deactivate the active" status of a second phone leaving me with one phone still in "pending" which I can port my existing # (from Tracfone) to when I activate. So now, she tells me, I will only be charged taxes/fees/911 for the one phone in (active?) pending status, like $3.32/month. At any time in the future, I can re-activate the two deactivated phones. or not.

Because I bought these three LGs for $4 each, I will not be returning them to XM. One can return phones within 30 days of purchase as long as all the packing material included, phone in like-new condition, but there is a re-stock fee of $35.
    Last edited by GeneL56; 10-02-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2