Thread: Weird voicemail forwarding?

Feedback Score

Weird voicemail forwarding?

I've noticed this a few times before but now I'm curious, my long time TMobile phone number which I really don't use anymore as I just leave it in my TMobile phone at home and use it to hotspot, nobody really calls the T-Mobile number because I transitioned to Google voice about a year ago, anyway if someone does leave me a voicemail on that TMobile line , I get an actual call from that from that T-mobile line via hangouts and subsequently I get a missed call notification from my TMobile number via Google voice, and there's a voicemail waiting for me, my T-Mobile isn't even associated with Google voice afaik. I don't mind it as it's kind of handy, does anybody know what may have caused this?

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    Did you set your T-Mobile number on automatic call forwarding to your GV number? That's the only possibility I can imagine. Check the call forwarding settings on your T-Mobile phone and make sure they are set to not forward calls. Then call that number from another phone and see what happens.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    I checked my settings on my T-Mobile phone and it shows no call forwarding, doesn't seem to matter which phone my T-Mobile SIM is in, it's not actually forwarding calls as far as I can tell, I call my TMobile from another phone, my T-Mobile voicemail picks up after a few rings, I leave a message, and as soon as I hang up I get an incoming call from my T-Mobile number, if I answer it there's nothing, it disconnects, if I don't answer it Google voice sends me a missed call email (missed call from T-Mobile line) nowhere does it actually indicate I have a voicemail on my T-Mobile line, but that's exactly what it means, I actually don't mind it as there are still a few people who don't understand I don't use the line anymore. Weird!

Feedback Score
    I also just realized you can check your T-Mobile voicemail from a phone or tablet that isn't associated with your Sim, just log into your T-mobile count and click the voicemail link and you can play your messages without calling anything. It's also synced so when you listen to or delete a message it deletes the voicemail indicator on your phone too.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You can also call into T-Mobile's voicemail system from any phone to 805-637-7243, enter the number of the desired T-Mobile account, and Bob's yer uncle (i.e., review or otherwise manipulate the messages, configuration settings, etc.).