Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VZW Roaming agreement already expired?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

VZW Roaming agreement already expired?

Anyone know if the Verizon roaming agreement has expired? Was in AT&T/Verizon/Appalachian Wireless territory today with no native Sprint coverage and normally get extended network with LTE but now all I got was Roaming, no 3G or LTE signal. I know that Appalachian Wireless let Verizon build out the LTE network in that area but not sure why I wasn't getting any LTE signal anymore. I updated my profile before leaving Sprint territory just to make sure everything was up to date.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwrunyon41722 View Post
    Anyone know if the Verizon roaming agreement has expired? Was in AT&T/Verizon/Appalachian Wireless territory today with no native Sprint coverage and normally get extended network with LTE but now all I got was Roaming, no 3G or LTE signal. I know that Appalachian Wireless let Verizon build out the LTE network in that area but not sure why I wasn't getting any LTE signal anymore. I updated my profile before leaving Sprint territory just to make sure everything was up to date.

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    There were some reports that Sprint has started roaming on AT&T in some areas. It's possible Sprint is renegotiating their most expensive regions.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't be surprised; I haven't been able to data roam on Verizon in months, just voice and text. I'd be happy to see an AT&T agreement launch in my area, or even just have the PRL default to US Cellular.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    There were some reports that Sprint has started roaming on AT&T in some areas. It's possible Sprint is renegotiating their most expensive regions.
    Source...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    Source...?
    /r/sprint has a post about it a week or two back.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    /r/sprint has a post about it a week or two back.
    Yeah I seen that. But Sprint CEO hasn't came out and said it officially have they, just wondering when they're going to announce it?

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I seen that. But Sprint CEO hasn't came out and said it officially have they, just wondering when they're going to announce it?
    I really doubt Marcelo is going to make a big deal about a roaming agreement. At most we'd see a press release.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleuww View Post
    I really doubt Marcelo is going to make a big deal about a roaming agreement. At most we'd see a press release.
    Well yeah but something to make it official not just rumors and speculation

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Here in the Eugene, OR area (and areas coastal), Sprint continues to roam on Verizon. Data roaming has become in-op. Voice and text work fine. If you really, really, really, try you might be able to squeeze a few bytes of roaming data in my market-- even in places where Sprint has no native service (Verizon only). It's a sad state of affairs, but at least folks get voice and text.

Perhaps ironically, one is more likely to see Verizon 3G roaming here than before (i.e. 3G roam or whatever), not that one can get any data to work -- and if you do, you'll see a hard cap of .15Mbps (150Kbps). I can't run mapping software or stream music -- even though the 150Kbs would be fast enough to do so if it consistently worked.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    Well yeah but something to make it official not just rumors and speculation
    They'll never make it official because roaming deals change too often, even month-to-month. Officially Sprint doesn't roam on Verizon or U.S Cellular either. You won't find a single mention of them in the terms.

Feedback Score
    I find it ironic that Sprint is slowly becoming an MNVO. Having to use AT&T and Verizon coverage to fill in their gaps...
    Apple iPhone X

Verizon LTE B4+B2

AT&T LTE B2+B17

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy321 View Post
    I find it ironic that Sprint is slowly becoming an MNVO. Having to use AT&T and Verizon coverage to fill in their gaps...
    Becoming? They've always made extensive use of roaming agreements. All carriers do, just Sprint does so more than most.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Becoming? They've always made extensive use of roaming agreements. All carriers do, just Sprint does so more than most.
    Yup and Sprint doesn't expand coverage (debt aside) because they don't want to, because of those roaming agreements. It's bad for business and consumers

Feedback Score
    I can't see how Sprint can continue down this path. And with all the merger talk, maybe that's their plan. Still, it's terrible for their customers. Where I live, they have these tiny islands of coverage and miles and miles of "Extended 3G" which, as previously mentioned, is utterly useless for data.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It's interesting to me having been on Sprint for more than 10 years that folks don't know Sprint was one of the first to have generous nationwide roaming. And I mean Sprint roamed on Everyone. In many places they'd roam (analog) on both ATT and Verizon (or Airtouch in my market). They called it Free and Clear America and it was a $5/mo option on some plans. It was totally awesome.

Also back in those days, Sprint phones would manually let you select roaming. Yep you could go in the menus and simply force roaming if Sprint signal didn't suit you. And yes, this included in-market roaming. Where I live, it meant I could force Verizon roaming any time I wanted.

I realize now-a-days that sounds bizarre with all the cost cutting measures RE roaming, but there was a time when Sprint was the place to be if you wanted the best coverage period.

-Dan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast