Thread: Sharp Aquos SH-01J Keitai 2 APK download/install problem

Feedback Score

Question Sharp Aquos SH-01J Keitai 2 APK download/install problem

I got this beauty from Kyoex and I LOVE it. Wifi works, cell service works, mobile data works, its gorgeous and unique, and I am super happy with it.

Unfortunately I have one little problem. I'm trying to download an App Store (1mobilemarket was what was recommended) but I can't get the APK file to download. Specifically I get a pop up message that says "can't download application."

I tried downloading on both wifi and mobile data with the same result.

Next, I tried connecting it to my laptop via USB and could successfully transfer the APK file to the SD card in my phone but when I go to click the APK file to install it, it says "failure, cannot show."

My phone is set to accept downloads from unknown sources.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time!
    Jen

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try installing it via ADB from your PC.
    If that fails, then Sharp/Docomo must have locked the phone to only accept apps that are signed using a specific signature.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Feedback Score
    Ok so I looked up what ADB is. Not sure what program to get to do it. Any recommendations? I have a Mac laptop but also have access to a PC if necessary.

Also, is it a hard thing to do? I'm not a complete idiot (most days anyway lol) and can follow directions but this is a new thing lol. Seems like a lot of work just to be able to install a couple of apps. All I'm planning on getting is Facebook messenger and maybe Facebook itself. Though using the browser for FB is no big deal I would like messenger. I don't use my phone for much else then that and an occasional call. Cell phones are good for that too you know! ��

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In order to use ADB, you need:

1. The Sharp ADB drivers (so that your phone is recognised): http://sharp.cheeseus.org/how2/76/Sharp-ADB-Drivers

2. The actual ADB environment: http://sharp.cheeseus.org/downloads/Android_ADB.rar

3. To enable ADB debugging on the SH-01J. Since this is a Sharp-customised version of Android, I can't say for sure how to do this, or if it's at all possible. The instructions for any Android above 4.x are as follows: Go to "About phone" and scroll down to "Build number". Keep tapping on it (at least 6–7 times) until you see the "You are now a developer!" message. Then exit the Settings app, and then enter it again. You should now see a new menu called "Developer options" just above "About phone". Enter it, and put a tick on "Enable USB debugging on this phone" (or similar message). If this doesn't work, reading below is pointless.

The ADB environment is also available for Mac, but I'm not sure about the Sharp ADB drivers. The instructions I can give you only apply for Windows.

1. Having downloaded and installed the Sharp ADB drivers, and made sure your phone is recognised, now download the ADB environment and unpack it on your PC. I recommend creating a new folder directly in C. Let's say you call it "adb".

2. Open command prompt (press the Windows button + R) and type "cmd" (without the quotes) in the popup window. A command window will open, showing your current location, e.g. C:\Users\Your-Username>.

3. Navigate to the folder you created in step 2, where you have the ADB environment, by typing: cd C:\adb and press Enter. Your current location will change.

4. Test the ADB connection by typing: adb devices – this will return the IMEI of your phone if proper connection is established.

5. Put the .apk file you want to install in the "adb" folder. You might want to change its name to something shorter if it's long, e.g. jp.co.sharp.android.emopar-1.apk can be renamed to emopar.apk. This can save you typing the full name.

6. Try installing the file by typing: adb install example.apk – you will either see a success or error/fail message.

Feedback Score
    Thank you! I'll give it a shot! ��